Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 14,495 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 05, 2023, 08:35:10 PMCorrect. Maybe should have said minutes.

You even know what happens in the first minutes?

Damn!!!

SiL

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Dec 05, 2023, 08:47:59 PMHello derelict.

The derelict shows up in the first minutes?

God damn!!!

Ok, you people need to make a list about everyone that has some sort of inside scoop lmao, otherwise it feels like the rest of us are just trying to catch up.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Not exactly.

It's not the derelict that make's it clear. I'm honestly not sure myself if we see the derelict or anything of that sort.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 05, 2023, 08:59:26 PM

Not exactly.

It's not the derelict that make's it clear. I'm honestly not sure myself if we see the derelict or anything of that sort.

You guys have no idea how jealous the rest of us are hahahaha

It's infuriating and hilarious how much power you could potentially hold over this community, but respect where respect is due, your connections and profession allowed you to have that opportunity, so congrats to all of you secret insiders.

Can't wait to discuss this movie with you all, starting with the trailer in a few months (probably).

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully a trailer in April.

Spoiler
And a 4K of Alien³ PLEASE
[close]

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 05, 2023, 09:43:09 PMHopefully a trailer in April.

Spoiler
And a 4K of Alien³ PLEASE
[close]

I can see a second trailer being released on Alien day, but the first teaser will probably be released way sooner.

Covenant's first teaser was released on Decemberm while the threathrical release was on May, so there was a 5-6 month difference, so i doubt Romulus will be that much shorter.

TheBATMAN

It's Out of the Shadows isn't it? They find the Narcissus and Ripley joins them and then convieniently loses her memory at the end.  ;)

BlueMarsalis79

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 05, 2023, 10:01:24 PMIt's Out of the Shadows isn't it? They find the Narcissus and Ripley joins them and then convieniently loses her memory at the end.  ;)

Nope.

I'm expecting to see the trailer closer to spring. That's not a confirmation, just my guess.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 05, 2023, 10:01:24 PMIt's Out of the Shadows isn't it? They find the Narcissus and Ripley joins them and then convieniently loses her memory at the end.  ;)

Stop with the trolling lol
It's already hard to be here and see people talk with secret emotes and codes regarding whatever scoop they have, so then when we had trolling into the mix, little old me starts to left out :(

SiL

Expect a trailer around 4 months prior to release.

That's not a scoop that's just the average these days.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Dec 05, 2023, 11:30:18 PMExpect a trailer around 4 months prior to release.

That's not a scoop that's just the average these days.

Yep, that's exactly why I expect that.

ralfy

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 05, 2023, 07:04:42 PM
Quote from: ralfy on Nov 30, 2023, 11:51:10 PMIt looks like we're looking at the equivalent of a new franchise, such that the first four movies can be ignored, if not remade.

Definitely not the case here. The first movies play heavily into the plot of this new one.

It has to because it's supposed to be set between the first and second movies. How would it affect the events that take place in the second movie? Or will it act like the Isolation game, or that novel where Ripley's lifeboat is discovered by other ships before the second movie; i.e., like standalone stories inserted between the movies?

It's similar to the prequels affecting the events taking place in the first movie, if not the second, given points in another thread that prior to Ripley's rescue from the lifeboat the company didn't know and didn't care about such organisms. But the prequels reveal otherwise:

https://screenrant.com/prometheus-covenant-alien-prequels-retcon-story-origins/#prometheus-suggests-wayland-yutani-sent-the-crew-of-the-nostromo-to-lv-426

QuoteGiven that Weyland Corp actually knew what was on LV-426 prior to the crew of the Nostromo stumbling on it, it's hard to believe that it didn't know what it was doing responding to the distress call. Alien created a sense of mystery around not just the Nostromo's true mission, but Ash's purpose on the ship. Prometheus retcons any possibility that the Nostromo encountered the planet by happenstance, and suggests instead that The Company sent them to the sight on purpose in order to come face to face with the Alien universe's most terrifying organism.

Mike’s Monsters

Time will tell. It'll make sense when you see it. But it's not what you said it has to be. It's its own story while being very connected to and being between the first two films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed