Ridley Scott on the Alien connection with Damon lindelof (youtube)

Started by shamash, Apr 18, 2012, 12:07:02 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on the Alien connection with Damon lindelof (youtube) (Read 19,584 times)

And stuff

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 18, 2012, 06:16:36 PM
Once again, not a mention of Jon Spaiht's.  Once again Lindelof looking like a doofus with the knit beanie on his head.  He must have a closet full of these.  Evidently, he does not subscribe to the "bald and proud" philosophy.

And before someone chimes in...yes, I realize both Lindelof and Scott have mentioned Spaiht's contribution in the past.  However, this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.  It is an especially glaring omission, in any interview/dialogue featuring both Lindelof and Scott, describing the specific development of the Prometheus story and the script.

It looked pretty chopped.  Who knows what was actually said.  That's not to say they did mention him.

SM

QuoteOnce again, not a mention of Jon Spaiht's.

Once again, Lindelof has the name and currency...

QuoteOnce again Lindelof looking like a doofus with the knit beanie on his head.  He must have a closet full of these.  Evidently, he does not subscribe to the "bald and proud" philosophy.

...even if he falls squarely into the hipster stereotype.  He'd tell you about the bands he likes, but you've probably never heard of them.

ThisBethesdaSea

Jesus...now we don't like Lindelof because of how he dresses. Poor guy can't win.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 19, 2012, 01:25:28 AM
Jesus...now we don't like Lindelof because of how he dresses. Poor guy can't win.

I expressed my opinion that his choosen style of headwear makes him look like a doofus.  All things considered, the term "doofus" is a pretty tame, informal, and harmless epithet...especially as used in this context.

While I can't comment on Damon Lindelof quality as a person (although I bet he is a fine bloke), I do admit a cordial dislike of his professional resume, to date. 

OpenMaw

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 19, 2012, 01:49:22 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 19, 2012, 01:25:28 AM

I expressed my opinion that his choosen style of headwear makes him look like a doofus.  All things considered, the term "doofus" is a pretty tame, informal, and harmless epithet...especially as used in this context.

While I can't comment on Damon Lindelof quality as a person (although I bet he is a fine bloke), I do admit a cordial dislike of his professional resume, to date.

I keep expecting you to end your posts with "You got that? Alright, we're going in."

ChrisPachi

Maybe it's just cold... like, everywhere he goes?

zuzuki

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 18, 2012, 06:16:36 PM
Once again, not a mention of Jon Spaiht's.  Once again Lindelof looking like a doofus with the knit beanie on his head.  He must have a closet full of these.  Evidently, he does not subscribe to the "bald and proud" philosophy.

And before someone chimes in...yes, I realize both Lindelof and Scott have mentioned Spaiht's contribution in the past.  However, this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.  It is an especially glaring omission, in any interview/dialogue featuring both Lindelof and Scott, describing the specific development of the Prometheus story and the script.
I think we all got it. Lindelof sucks, you hate him, you are not impressed with his work. Put it in the signature so you don't have to repeat yourself  in every article about him

Deuterium

Quote from: zuzuki on Apr 19, 2012, 06:24:54 AM
I think we all got it. Lindelof sucks, you hate him, you are not impressed with his work. Put it in the signature so you don't have to repeat yourself  in every article about him

No friggin' way.  He might send me back in time.

Or worse...release the smoke monster upon my ass. 

In fact, just to be safe, I have activated my Sonic Fence defensive perimeter.

ThisBethesdaSea

The 'I hate Lindelof' schtick isa popular band wagon, that's based in absolutely nothing. Prometheus will be his litmus test. So far, he's passing.

Ghostface

I really want to remain sceptical (it's a wonder self defence mechanism) but these clips are wearing me down

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 19, 2012, 08:57:30 AM
The 'I hate Lindelof' schtick isa popular band wagon, that's based in absolutely nothing. Prometheus will be his litmus test. So far, he's passing.
Don't approve of the way he dresses
SCRIPT'S GONNA BE SHIT

Don't like his tweets
SCRIPT'S GONNA BE SHIT

Kol

i am also frustrated, that lindelof gets the fame instead of spaihts, during promotion. that's what i hate him for, too.
but deuterium, i think the essence, the groundwork of the script is by spaihts. lindelof didn't contribute that much.
edited some scenes and enhanced some sub-plots, but the ancient astronaut thing were conceived by spaihts all along.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Deuterium on Apr 19, 2012, 06:52:50 AMNo friggin' way. He might send me back in time. Or worse...release the smoke monster upon my ass. In fact, just to be safe, I have activated my Sonic Fence defensive perimeter.

My gods that is depressing.

Quote from: Kol on Apr 19, 2012, 11:11:28 AMthe ancient astronaut thing were conceived by spaihts all along.

Is this known? I am not so sure. Either way, whoever came up with the 'ancient astronaut thing' is an idiot, and whoever came up with it as a plausible adjunct to the Alien universe is said idiot's idiotic friend.

Kol

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 19, 2012, 11:41:05 AM
whoever came up with the 'ancient astronaut thing' is an idiot

::)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Kol on Apr 19, 2012, 11:49:32 AM
::)

He's right, Kol. It's a really stupid idea. Prometheus will likely be an overall very good experience, but it has a major flaw in it's backstory using that as a springboard. It hurts believability.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed