News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 566,951 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 22, 2017, 02:37:27 PM
Can't wait for the green band trailer to drop, wonder if they're going to wait until February to release it.

You and me both. 8)

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Can't wait for the green band trailer to drop, wonder if they're going to wait until February to release it.
Hopefully it isn't mediocre like the last one.

Anthony

Fox releases A Cure For Wellness in February, another R rated horror film. But Logan is also extremely likely.

I personally think it would be smart of Fox to release it with both of them.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Anthony on Jan 22, 2017, 05:24:21 PM

Fox releases A Cure For Wellness in February, another R rated horror film. But Logan is also extremely likely.

Yeah I think Logan might be better choice.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Quote from: anduu on Jan 21, 2017, 01:38:44 AM

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a819376/alien-covenant-footage-breakdown-ridely-scott/  :o

Old news, I'm afraid. This is the same footage shown back in December.
He's afraid that the footage shown back in December is the same old news. :P

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 21, 2017, 11:37:03 PM

Did this person enjoy the film?

I did ask him and his response...

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

Overall, yes I did enjoy it. It has plenty of action, horror and suspense & tension but it focuses on that more than the characters, well, except David - he's the main focus of the movie.

It is very reminiscent of both Alien and Aliens and after David shows up it feels a bit more like the Prometheus sequel it's supposed to be. I did like it better than Prometheus, Alien3 & 4 but not as much as Alien or Aliens.

With the exception of Fassbender's Walter & David, (and McBride's Tennessee to some extent) I thought the characters were pretty forgettable. I felt Bechir & Crudup were wasted in the film for the most part. I also thought Waterston was pretty bland as Daniels - just didn't seem to have any charismatic presence in her role...maybe I'm just comparing her too much to Weaver though.

I'd probably rate it like a 7.5 out of 10... at least the cut I saw and I know there's still room for improvement by the time it's released!         
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I reckon both would be quite likely for a trailer for Covvie.

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

Overall, yes I did enjoy it. It has plenty of action, horror and suspense & tension but it focuses on that more than the characters, well, except David - he's the main focus of the movie.

It is very reminiscent of both Alien and Aliens and after David shows up it feels a bit more like the Prometheus sequel it's supposed to be. I did like it better than Prometheus, Alien3 & 4 but not as much as Alien or Aliens.

With the exception of Fassbender's Walter & David, (and McBride's Tennessee to some extent) I thought the characters were pretty forgettable. I felt Bechir & Crudup were wasted in the film for the most part. I also thought Waterston was pretty bland as Daniels - just didn't seem to have any charismatic presence in her role...maybe I'm just comparing her too much to Weaver though.

I'd probably rate it like a 7.5 out of 10... at least the cut I saw and I know there's still room for improvement by the time it's released!         
[close]

That's a good rating. Can't sniff at that.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2017, 08:42:47 AM

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

[close]

Sounds good to me. :)

banecat

i had that same feeling that person had about waterston when watching fantastic beasts

skhellter

It's no biggy.

Pretty sure "Daniels" is gonna die offscreen between Covenant and the 3rd prequel.

Ridley is just gonna hire another actress to play another Ripley knock-off.

SuicideDoors

7.5/10 is decent for an unfinished cut. When all the bells and whistles are added that'll probably be an 8/10.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Jan 23, 2017, 04:26:21 PM
7.5/10 is decent for an unfinished cut. When all the bells and whistles are added that'll probably be an 8/10.

I know from what sagardoa said that this scene

wasn't in screening he attended and may have been added in reshoots a possible tie to
Spoiler
SHAW
[close]

skhellter

wait... so...

the reshoots were done with the purpose of adding more Shaw to the film?  :laugh:

Ridley couldnt care less about that character. jesus.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 23, 2017, 05:00:13 PM
wait... so...

the reshoots where done with the purpose of adding more Shaw to the film?  :laugh:

Ridley couldnt care less about that character. jesus.

Or maybe a better explanation maybe the test audience complained about it??

Stolen

More Shaw ! more Shaw! more Shaw please ;D

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2017, 08:42:47 AM

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

[close]

Yeah, I looked at the rating and I'm pleased with that number. Also, @ Pvt. Himmel did you happen to ask him how long the version he saw ran? I'm curious about the running time. I'm thinking it will probably be the length of about two hours like Prometheus, but I just wanted to at least ask. Thanks. :)

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 22, 2017, 11:45:30 PM

Yeah I think Logan might be better choice.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Quote from: anduu on Jan 21, 2017, 01:38:44 AM

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a819376/alien-covenant-footage-breakdown-ridely-scott/  :o

Old news, I'm afraid. This is the same footage shown back in December.
He's afraid that the footage shown back in December is the same old news. :P

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

[close]
I was never expecting it to be another Alien or Aliens in the first place. As long as it turns out to be a decent film I'll be happy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed