New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 159,589 times)

toro

i am doing the unwise thing in being super excited for this. when i typically do that, i end up disappointed ha

The Old One

The Old One

The Order looks terrible IMO- due to its laughable 24-30- FPS.

Otherwise-
Graphics have kinda plateaued for me honestly, there's not been that big of a jump since 2014 for me since
The Witcher and Alien Isolation.
God Of War and PS4 Spider-Man look fantastic yes, but not that much more fantastic IMO than TW.WH or Alien Isolation.
Even Naughty Dog's TLOU sequel and Rockstar's RDR prequel haven't blown me away.

I think the last time that happened, was in fact The Witcher and before that- Dead Space.

toro

i thought the graphics, particularly the lighting, were good

i agree though, i think the technology seems to have slowed down a bit and we haven't seen huge graphical leaps in the last four years. oh, horizon zero dawn also looked great

Nostromo

This game will decide what I get next...an Xbox one, PS4, or a new pc...it can't be a crappy mobile game right?

The Old One

The Old One

This might even be for next generation and PC.
Xbox "Scarlett" and the PSV.

There is nothing suggesting it'll be for Mobile aside from fear mongering.

Perfect-Organism

They wouldn't put this much time into something and not do a console release right?  What's the vibe?

Corporal Hicks

It's going to be on consoles. It was announced as both PC and console.

Perfect-Organism

Huggs

Huggs

Shows Kojima and says "worlds will change".

No brother, it's "war has changed".

Nice MGS4 reference though, even if it turns out to be accidental.

The Old One

Fleshwound

I doubt this is going to be a mobile game. They started work on it over 3 years ago. It can't be that complicated or large of a game if they intend for it to be mobile.

Hemi

So..one last hoorah before we sail under the Disney flag? I'm game. XD

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fleshwound on Nov 26, 2018, 03:49:52 AM
I doubt this is going to be a mobile game. They started work on it over 3 years ago. It can't be that complicated or large of a game if they intend for it to be mobile.

The way I'm looking at it is - if Blackout isn't Cold Iron's game, it just means it's another thing to look forward to. 

Predatorium

The title Blackout makes me think of immersive multiplayer matches that start with the lights being completly shut down with a loud noise. You and your buddies in spawn load up your pulse rifles, turn on infrared and/or flashlights and turn on your motion trackers(all depending on class selected).
Objective; restart the power and enable communications to call for extraction. A multi-step multiplayer match, ending up at the extraction point where you gotta defend yourself until the drop ship arrives and pick you up.

Alien players can disable power generators and light sources to give them and advantage.

Saggit

Smells like Resident Evil with Aliens. I don't know why but it does to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed