Dragon
22 (38.6%)
Pheonix
0 (0%)
Other
15 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
Favorite Mythical Creature (Read 17,372 times)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 21, 2007, 08:51:21 AM
Satan.
Hahaha yeah. Mythical...
I say God then.

Quote from: The Joker on Aug 21, 2007, 01:04:21 PM
So if Cthulhu is impossible for us to percieve his true form, what is the explanation for us seeing him with wings and tentacles and sh**?
I don't know, you'll have to read some Lovecraft... Possibly it's as close as we can imagine. Perhaps not. I'm a little fuzzy.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

La Llorona... 'nuff said
o and Huey-Chivos though some people actually say they DO exist!!  :o

SM

SM

QuoteSo if Cthulhu is impossible for us to percieve his true form, what is the explanation for us seeing him with wings and tentacles and sh**?

We can perceive his true, but it's so horrifying that most people are driven insane or struck dead just by looking at him.  Since HPL never dealt with pictures - only words, he often gives vague hints of what something looks like.  Artwork is taken from these fragmentary descriptions.  Which is why it's so difficult to film Lovecraft stories.  The things he hints at easy to describe, but nigh on impossible to adequately convey visually.  One of the most effective was Herbert West - Reanimator - which was a retake of Frankenstein and much more mundane than the stuff based around the Cthulhu Mythos.

On the closest examples would be Alien oddly enough.  Scott kept the Alien in shadow for the most part so the audience just gets hints of what it looks like and fills in the rest themselves.  Very Lovecraftian.

LukaKovach

LukaKovach

No Medusa? This thread fails...  :P

SM

SM

Gorgons are pussies compared to the might of Cthulhu, Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2007, 03:33:06 AM
Gorgons are pussies compared to the might of Cthulhu, Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth.

Cthulhu is badass but Dragons are even more badass. I just like Dragons in general

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

You can stop now.

First Blood

First Blood

:laugh:

Tell him cal. Tell him to shut his whore mouth

Sabby

Sabby

I have a bit of an obscure liking for mythical creatures. I'm not sure if there's a word for it, but I like anything that tries to resemble a human. I don't mean like a spirit with a glamor, I mean like some lanky forest monster that wears human skin, so you can only tell it's not a person when it's up close or standing at it's full height.

If I had to pick a creature with a more recognizable name, I'd go with Manticore. It's basically a Chimera, but it's any fusion of creatures really. It's hard to find decent artwork of anything other then a Chimera though...

BANE

BANE

Oh wow, I thought you were going to say God for a minute and be completely predictable.

Chimeras are cool though.

SM

SM

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 01, 2014, 11:51:26 PM
You can stop now.

Someone want to start a thread called 'What is your favourite necropost by Chronicle?'

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2014, 12:47:00 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 01, 2014, 11:51:26 PM
You can stop now.

Someone want to start a thread called 'What is your favourite necropost by Chronicle?'
Do it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

:laugh:

Sabby

Sabby

Oh leave him alone, he contributes more then you do Cal :P

First Blood

First Blood

Now that's a good one! :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed