Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 110,348 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 27, 2024, 12:23:13 AMI hope this movie will surprise me regarding the deaths of it's characters.

The Covenant trailer was definitely a spoiler so I am glad this new trailer was more reserved and only showed what was needed for a trailer.
That being said though, just like with Oram, we do know which character gets facehugged and we see that she was unconscious so it was on her long enough to knock her out but we also see it getting pulled off her, but whether or not the hugger was killed before or after implantation (its fairly limp when being pulled of the character's face so its likely dead) is anyone's guess.  If it functions like it did with Lope though, then she is likely dead.

Scott Conover

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 26, 2024, 11:19:55 PMFede Alvarez said that the the scene is hinted at in the beginning of the teaser (the dark corridors panning to the bloody sleep/cryo-pod), with some dialogue in the back.

The dialogue of the teaser (and that aludes to that scene) was:

Woman/Isabella - "Help. Somebody help me please".

Man - "I don't know what it is".

Woman/Isabella - "Get it away from me".

Another Woman - "come on, come on, come on, come on...".

Another Man - "Open the door!!!".

Isabella - "Help!!!".

We hear this dialogue while at the same time, there appears to be some Xeno screeching in the background.

Also, Fede alvarez also said that he wanted to make a scene that had never been seen on an Alien movie before, but not only that, but in the history of cinema as well.

Those who have seen his movies, know that he is capable of truly gnarly, horrifying and suspensful sequences (turkey Baster in Don't Breathe or tree scene in Evil Dead, or the entirety of Evil Dead lol).

So what are your theories?

If we were to take @Mike's Monsters hint/tease on his youtube video, then it appears that there will be some sort of X-Ray scene involving a chestburster (kind of like what happened in Alien 3).

So, on face value, the most likely theory (given all the info and hints we have) would be that Isabella has a chestburster inside of her and she gets put in a pod (that would eventually get bloody, given what we see in the teaser).

But that seems really straightforward and not at all what Fede Alaverez hyped, so there is something more going on here...

My theory was that Big Chap would be coming for her from down the hallway we see (slow and stompy, Isolation style) and while the rest of the crew is trying to open the door to get her out, she gets in the pod to hide from it only to find that a still shedding Chestburster is in the pod already and then she gets mauled or whatever from inside the pod.

I don't know if that would translate to the screen or if the logistics of that could be pulled off, but it would gnarly af and seeing a chestburster kill would be new.   

MistressTeqila

maybe they'll throw acid on her, it'll be a pretty brutal and bloody show

BigDaddyJohn

Considering it's an audio mashup of scenes, it's impossible to tell. The chestburster idea could be interesting.

cockroach

cockroach

I think it involves Aileen Wu's under-developed chestburster needing a new host & climbing somehow into Isabela's character... not sure how though or through where... eek

The Cruentus

Quote from: cockroach on Mar 27, 2024, 09:25:51 AMI think it involves Aileen Wu's under-developed chestburster needing a new host & climbing somehow into Isabela's character... not sure how though or through where... eek

That would be supremely stupid though. The Alien 3 comic did that and it was idiotic and actually makes "chestbursting" unnecessary.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Unnecessary how? It might need nutrients from the host to finish development. In the case of a Royal Alien I can absolutely see that.

The Cruentus

Because the chestburster is clearly not attached to the host via an umbilical or sac if its able to freely leave through the mouth. The chestburster as we know it so far, gets its nutrients/dna etc, through being literally connected to the host through a cord or amniotic sac.

and the unnecessary part is that if it can leave through the mouth, it doesn't need to waste time breaking through bone and flesh.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I guess it depends where the Alien resides, the whole getting out thing I do not mind honestly, especially in the case of that adaptation where with the water it likely headed for air on instinct. As for wasting time, it might take just as long, and leave the thing vulnerable whilst it tunnels.

I do see an issue with it getting into a host though, as we know they grow in the chest cavity itself, hence having to have started as a bacteria not as an embryo.

cockroach

cockroach

maybe isabela hiding/trapped in the cryo tube and the chestburster breaks into in the bottoms half (spits acid to get in like in start of alien3)... would feel very claustrophobic her not being able to get out & the chestburster slowly working its way up her legs...

it looks like something horrific happens to someone trapped in a cryo tube and a normal chestbursting seems too obvious...

my guess anyways... or there's a new alien life stage or creature we not seen before doing the killing?

Nightmare Asylum

solace97

solace97

Good for him, that's an awesome story

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I hope we return to serpentine Chestburster in this film. Covenant had walking Neomorphs and Xenomorph newborns.

Nightmare Asylum

I think the chestburster with proper arms and legs was important for the mirrored body language in the father/son exchange between David and the chestburster in the Covenant (and if you need to explain it away rationally, David's early biological strain is born like that but the more refined biomech ones aren't for whatever reason), but yeah, outside of the specific circumstances that Covenant presents, I think the more traditional snake-like chestburster is the way to go for the traditional Alien.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: cockroach on Mar 27, 2024, 04:53:15 PMmaybe isabela hiding/trapped in the cryo tube and the chestburster breaks into in the bottoms half (spits acid to get in like in start of alien3)... would feel very claustrophobic her not being able to get out & the chestburster slowly working its way up her legs...

it looks like something horrific happens to someone trapped in a cryo tube and a normal chestbursting seems too obvious...

my guess anyways... or there's a new alien life stage or creature we not seen before doing the killing?

It was a facehugger, not chestburster in Alien 3's opening which used acid to get in a cryopod.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed