Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 65,612 times)

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2019, 02:45:59 AM
I don't think it's so much about referencing the source material, so much as both series had an interesting premise that never had a satisfying pay off.

To me about three quarters if the way through it stopped feeling like an the Alien series.  I didn't mean referencing any one thing but I guess the overall feel or vibe the movies produce. 

SM

Yeah that's probably about right.

DOTS fell off that cliff much earlier though I reckon.

Kimarhi

It's probably been six or seven years since I read either.

I haven't watched a movie since whenever covenant came out.

Perfect-Organism

Rereading Colonial Marines now.  I just... somehow... need to...

Ultramorph

Colonial Marines held together pretty well until that issue where they blew Beliveau away right when he seemed about to explain what was going on. The Bug Men are strangely cool as a villain, though.

Kimarhi

the concept of them don't really bother me. Some kind of  heavy metal alien hybrid developed to protect someones interest against Colonial Marine interference would've been pure comic book bliss, but alas, such a thing was not meant to be.

I honesty can't remember anything they do after their intro, but it's been a decade probably since I read it.

HuDaFuK

Isn't that the series where Kleist is somehow alive despite quite clearly being killed in Rogue?

SM

I didn't find it that clear.

What was very clear was that arm grew back.  ;D

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2019, 08:25:00 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 29, 2019, 06:09:41 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 29, 2019, 03:34:30 AM
Um, What's DOTS?

There are people who've read it several times that still aren't sure.

Also this.

It may simply be impenetrable without the copious use of psychedelics.

Corporal Hicks

Alternate cover for #1.

I actually quite like it (I don't normally like the variant covers). I wonder if this is Liv?

The Old One

The Old One

I love the look of the Marine, don't love the look of the Alien.

Local Trouble

SM

Doesn't look like his work.

I do dig the face shot off the Alien though.

Local Trouble

I'd swear in court that's Beauvais' work.  Everything from the aliens themselves to the marine's hair just smacks of his style to me.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really? I didn't get a Den Beauvais vibe myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed