What “LV” stands for?

Started by Nukiemorph, Apr 26, 2024, 11:39:15 PM

Author
What “LV” stands for? (Read 345 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I've seen many claim that it stands for "Life Viable" but it seems like this is largely fan theory. Has it been confirmed by anything official?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It could be the Roman numeral 55 denoting the sector of space with 426 denoting the surveyed astronomical body itself.

Or it could be the initials of a scientist.  Kinda like how the Andromeda galaxy is also known as M31, with M standing for Messier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messier_object

SM

SM

Truth, justice and the American way.

Ale Motion Comic

"Life Viable" makes sense.

SiL

SiL

It wasn't life viable, though.

I like the initials idea.

SM

SM

Location Vector was the first one I heard, but never been able to verify if it was legit.

SiL

SiL

First one I heard but it never made much sense.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

You know, I always thought it was meant to be level. I don't know why I thought it was fitting

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2024, 12:10:48 AMIt wasn't life viable, though.
I never took it to mean that the planet was already habitable, just that it was close enough to be a candidate for a "shake 'n bake colony."

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have no clue but in the EU, every planet seems to be an LV.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2024, 01:21:10 AMFirst one I heard but it never made much sense.

Yeah not with only three numbers.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 30, 2024, 02:59:56 AMI have no clue but in the EU, every planet seems to be an LV.

Certainly the current EU. Which seems a little silly. Older stuff used similar formatting but with other letters.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Might be landing viable, the computer analysing whether the planetoid has a strong or weak ionosphere.

Kradan

Kradan

Funnily enough, I was just yesterday thinking about how in Alien universe  planets have codenames, not names, which adds to the more its more realistic nature in comparision to other sci-fi franchises: greedy megacorporations don't call a planet "Tatooine" or "Krypton"

SM

SM

They call them Fiorina though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or Acheron.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed