Ask Steve Perry

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 06, 2007, 09:22:14 PM

Author
Ask Steve Perry (Read 189,389 times)

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: steveperry on May 20, 2008, 12:11:14 AM
the basic xenomorph drone had any more smarts than a German Shepherd.

Thats pretty much what I thought

steveperry

steveperry

Quote from: steveperry on May 20, 2008, 12:11:14 AM
. I didn't say the aliens were completely stupid, I said they weren't very intelligent, compared to people or Yautja. 

In the interests of fairness, I suppose I have to offer that I don't think I said that. I honestly don't recall the entirely of that interview they did for the DVD, and I haven't seen whatever piece of my commentary they used -- I think it's only only the BluRay, and all I've got is the Unrated Special Edition -- I ain't on that.

War Wager

War Wager

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I guess that fair enough, but you really made it sound like Aliens were completely brianless. With AvPR spawing new fans all the time, it worries me that thats the opinion they'll take on too. It's fair to say that Yautja are much smarter, I mean they've built ships, weapons and have an entire culture. But, it's also fair to say that Aliens are smarter when it comes to conflict/survival.

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

^^^ well hey, at least we can say that they have acid for blood, are adaptible to almost ANY climate (preds can't do that) and look pretty scary looking but are just mindless stupidity and are killing machines who don't think....

SiL

SiL

Except they aren't "mindless stupidity" and they do think. This has been shown several times throughout pretty much any movie that isn't AvPR.

War Wager

War Wager

Oh sweet nibblets...  :P

Aliens are smart creatures. They have an instict to kill yes, but they try many different ways in order to do it. They're all possibly linked with inter-Hive communication which is intelligence in itself.

SiL

SiL

And hell, if people would actually do some research on ants, even that allegory would make them pretty damned intelligent creatures.

Anyone see Inspector Rex? German Shepherds are smart bitches. Literally.

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

okay, okay first of:
Quote from: War Wager on May 23, 2008, 10:04:43 PM
Oh sweet nibblets...  :P
have you been watching to many episodes of 'Hannah Montana' latley? LOL

alruight back on topic: you convinced me aliens are smart, they sense fear like smakes do i guess so yeah, aliens are like nomral monkeys and ape that learn as they evolve

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

have you guys heard of the Rasbeary Ants? I aw them on Attack of the Show, aperantly they are attracted to electronic signals and when sprayed at with poison which kills some of them, the ants then use the dead ants to build a bridge out of them and cross iver the poisonus affected area!

War Wager

War Wager

How would you know that is said in Hannah Montana?  ;)

And luckily I did convince you, I could prove you wrong many times. Choose any Alien movie (minus Requiem of coarse) and you have some awesome intelligence/team work.

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

well, i don't watch Hannah montana a lot, usaully once or twice every 3-6 weeks when i'm bored...that rasberry ant thing I was talkin' about, go to youtube or any other video source and type in 'Crazy Rasberry Ants'

I'd pick Aliens and Alien Cubed (Alien 3)

War Wager

War Wager

I'll check that out. ^

What do you mean you'd pick Aliens and Alien3? For me to prove you wrong on?  :)

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

Quote from: War Wager on May 23, 2008, 10:23:30 PM
I'll check that out. ^

What do you mean you'd pick Aliens and Alien3? For me to prove you wrong on?  :)

noooo to show that they are really indeed smart at times....i still wanna see that alien building a damn ladder from garbage supplies it found from AVP-R it could be interesting and relly stupid and silly but still...an alien building a LADDER!!!! c'mon!!!

The Diesel

The Diesel

Hey Steve,

I am reading Shadows of the Empire right now and it is great!  I can't put it down.  I got it this morning and I just can't put the thing down.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Diesel on May 27, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
Hey Steve,

I am reading Shadows of the Empire right now and it is great!  I can't put it down.  I got it this morning and I just can't put the thing down.

Ah yes I've read my copy several times. Great book!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed