X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 150,607 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 19, 2013, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: Dachande on Jun 18, 2013, 11:09:07 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 18, 2013, 11:07:27 PM
I've read about the sharing with friends and family thing...and it's absolutely awesome. Since we're a large community here, many of us have friends from hundreds of miles away. Lets say one of those friends buys a game you can not afford at the moment - When he/she finishes playing that game, you can simply go to their library and play it. And, with the +1 feature, you can have one special friend at a time play the same game as you. So, if you get a good co-op game, and want to play it with a certain person who can't afford it, you can +1 them and bam, there ya go, co-op.

Think about the money you could save with that. Sure, you'd have to wait until the person is done playing, if said friend doesn't +1 you, but I sure as hell wait 2-3 weeks for a free game.

But, but DRM!!!! And online checks!!! The Xbox One is evil and rubbish!! Haven't you heard!?

You are not the mod we deserve.

QFT...this damn Xbawckx bias!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 18, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1001842_386186614819003_607771961_n.png

I can't understand why somebody will get pissed because of this. You REALLY have to do HORRIBLE things to get banned. And I mean it. The regular users can't get banned like that. I've been through this with one of my 360s because I decided to see how far I can go. I was really messing with MS. I've done tons of illegal stuff which would send me right into the jail if I was in the US. And my point is, it took 2 and half years for MS to ban me. And they just banned my console, while left my profile intact. And that was not a problem back then because the unban was possible if you had a non flagged NAND key from another console.

So basically all this crap talk by MS about getting banned for talking shit on the mic, or griefing or anything like that, will NEVER get you banned. There are known cases of limited time bans but its very rare and I never heard of anybody banned for doing "lulz" stuff in the games. You need to go deeper than that to earn your ban  :laugh: (and I am not talking about playing games with flashed drive, thats a minor thing. MS rarely care if you don't play those games online)

Prime113

Prime113

Nice to see the X1 get a jab in. Lol.

But, actually, one of the comments got me thinking - It said "MS is trying to rush the digital age too fast, they should have waited another 10 years or so." And, from my knowledge on how games will work in a decade or so, that is correct. Xbox One is a console ahead of its time. And maybe too ahead, and that's why every one is freaking out about the whole DRM/check up thing. Also, as a few other users have said, PC gamers have been dealing with this sort of thing for awhile, so it's not new to the gaming universe, just new to the console universe.

I don't know, I'm just trying to provide some level-headness to this debate. And don't think I'm some anti-PS guy. Heelll nooo. I wanna get both as soon as possible. 

Magegg

Magegg

Still, no matter how an "horrible person" you are, if you have paid like $300 to play your games, they shouldn't ban you from playing "off-line" the games you bought. MS plain doesn't have the right to take away from you products you have paid for.

Whatever, it's clarified that's not gonna happen, so the debate doesn't matter.

WinterActual

WinterActual

This picture is kinda right but its very funny and strange in the same time. Why you would send some game to your friend who lives 99999 miles away? I mean the people have irl friends right? Everybody can borrow the game from some real life friend who live down the street or whatever. This picture may apply only if you are sending some rare game, which have a jap only release or something like that, and you somehow have the game and your friend can't find it anywhere else. Otherwise its good that Xbox None have such sharing feature but the PS4 part of the picture doesn't make any sense because its totally different scenario.

EDIT: Also I am SURE there are hidden limitation that are pain in the ass. It CAN'T be THAT simple. If it was like they are portraying it, this have HUGE exploit potential. There will be groups of "people" who will "invest" in tons of games in one single profile and then will ask for money to share this profile to other people in various closed communities. Or some groups may donate to one single profile and then all of them to play many games for free/99% off the price. The possibilities are MANY if its exactly like in the picture. But MS are not that stupid, I am sure the limitations are pretty stiff.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 05:38:25 AM
This picture is kinda right but its very funny and strange in the same time. Why you would send some game to your friend who lives 99999 miles away? I mean the people have irl friends right? Everybody can borrow the game from some real life friend who live down the street or whatever. This picture may apply only if you are sending some rare game, which have a jap only release or something like that, and you somehow have the game and your friend can't find it anywhere else. Otherwise its good that Xbox None have such sharing feature but the PS4 part of the picture doesn't make any sense because its totally different scenario.

You're right, in part. But, look at this community. I have several bodies from Canada, Florida, California, New York, etc. Now, lets say Halo 5 comes out. I fall on some money issues and can't afford to get it yet. But, my buddy from Canada has bought it and wants to co-op with me. All he has to do is add me as that "Special Friend" and I can play the game off his X1 at the same time he is, all in the matter of seconds. And, even in short distance - What if you're up late at night, your buddy's asleep and you can't get the disc...Just sign on to LIVE, access his games list, bam, you can play the game...all in the matter of seconds. There are numerous benefits to this. And, I know some people are like "10 friends is bullshit" Which does kinda suck, as I said a community like this offers dozens of players... But, the ability to instantly be able to borrow a game from some one who lives 500 miles away, is pretty f**kin sweet. And, with personal friends, with me at least, I don't lend discs out to 10 people anyway... maybe more like 4.

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 05:38:25 AM

EDIT: Also I am SURE there are hidden limitation that are pain in the ass. It CAN'T be THAT simple. If it was like they are portraying it, this have HUGE exploit potential. There will be groups of "people" who will "invest" in tons of games in one single profile and then will ask for money to share this profile to other people in various closed communities. Or some groups may donate to one single profile and then all of them to play many games for free/99% off the price. The possibilities are MANY if its exactly like in the picture. But MS are not that stupid, I am sure the limitations are pretty stiff.

In response to your EDIT - The limitations that I know of so far are that, only one person can play it at one single time, unless the host account has "+1'd him aka make him a special friend" other wise, they will have to wait until another person stops playing it. Also, you can only do this with up to TEN people.

Or, maybe JUST maybe, MS is OK with all that. I'm sure if SONY did something like this, a lot of people would be like "Look! SONY is so awesome! They're the console for the average gamer! f**k the Micro$oft and the xBONE!"

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 05:28:47 AM

But, actually, one of the comments got me thinking - It said "MS is trying to rush the digital age too fast, they should have waited another 10 years or so." And, from my knowledge on how games will work in a decade or so, that is correct. Xbox One is a console ahead of its time. And maybe too ahead, and that's why every one is freaking out about the whole DRM/check up thing. Also, as a few other users have said, PC gamers have been dealing with this sort of thing for awhile, so it's not new to the gaming universe, just new to the console universe.

I don't know, I'm just trying to provide some level-headness to this debate. And don't think I'm some anti-PS guy. Heelll nooo. I wanna get both as soon as possible.

I understand what that image is advertising, but that really is only helpful if you have a bunch of long distance friends.

Yes I do think it's ahead of it's time a bit, but also I think it's advancing too much towards the PC. These are consoles. They should be simple. Now i'm not saying I can't handle a few extra limitations and policies, but it is more annoying. But for more casual gamers that don't even acknowledge PC, Xbone is bringing forth things that are "unknown." And as I said before, people don't like change. They are afraid of the unknown.

I see what they want to do. Major Nelson tried to explain it (key word tried). And it will probably be pretty cool once they get there. But I don't think they're quite there yet. Because even if what they are aiming for is possible with the Xbone, they don't even quite get it themselves. This is clear by how they've handled the backlash. They can't even even explain their vision properly. So it just results in one PR disaster after another.

ScardyFox

Effectz

Effectz

I thought you can't play the same game if you share it with your friend?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 19, 2013, 12:13:55 PM
Congress steps in?
I wonder what the chances of this passing are?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Too early to tell but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Ratchetcomand

NotSafeZone

NotSafeZone

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 05:28:47 AM

It's a horrible jab as it gives off the impression that Microsoft believes its customers are only capable of making friends over the 'net.

Like I said, one PR disaster after another.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 19, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
Good job MS

http://playstationgang.com/xbox-one-pre-order-not-available-at-gamestop/

Bit of an exaggeration there, one person says he couldn't pre-order one. One person. The article makes it seem like theres ni pre-orders anywhere, .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed