Full size Predator figure

Started by nukem11, Oct 23, 2007, 08:28:56 PM

Author
Full size Predator figure (Read 11,112 times)

Thorby

Thorby

where can i buy a predator figure like this???
I live in the UK so it has to be about to be brought online and with UK pounds!

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

It's not available yet, they're going to be released on November I think, and the Pred until January...and I'm sure there'll be plenty of stores or webstores that will carry these in the UK.

Thorby

Thorby

All i know of is ebay to have the chance of selling these kinds of things. Everywhere else is all with Dollars! lol

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

So, the poor Wolf may yet be a cyclops, after all... :o ::)

Unless he has a Ripley-like red eye like she had in the first quarter of Alien3... ;D

A 'bionic eye', that's rich...you guys crack me up... :D ;)

I don't think NECA would make a model with the mouths inaccurately done, for reputation's sake, so I think this is the real deal... Wolf still closes his mouth like Scar did... A big 'oh-oh' here...
Even though he looks far closer to the first Predators in terms of garments and his more slim body, it still shows the infamous 'mandibles closing-problem' Scar showed ever so repeatedly...

We can only hope Wolf will show is ugly mug for the last 5 minutes of the movie, but that is like saying after ADI spent so much time designing the Predalien, it would only be shown for five seconds... Highly unlikely... ;D

So, IF (a big one) this is how Wolf will look like, well, let me just say the darkness will favour him immensely... ;D :D

If not, good... But he will only show his scarred mug for the last half an hour or so, so the story and the rest better have excelled by that point, right...?  ;)

I see it this way: even if the designs fail to please me, the story might rescue it...if the story fails to lure me in, at least the fights could make it entertaining...Now, if the fights fail that as well, I think I will get a plane to LA, park outside Fox Studios, wait till Tom Rothman gets out and then throw a bucket of ultra-slime on his face... Waste of ultra-slime, if you ask me... :D

So, from designs to story to fights...

Well, the acting... the acting, in gore movies, is negligeable, not to say pathetic,  so why would I care...? See, I AM learning... ;D

This is a movie with two monsters fighting eachother, so I better expect more brawn than brains in this movie... I just hope the acting doesn't make me shout 'good thing you're gonna get killed with that shuriken, ya dumb blonde broad...' And the funny part is: nobody will shush me, because they ALL know that since September... Isn't Fox marketing wonderous...?  ;D :D

Master

Master

I thought about Wils ability to sneak in those metal boots.... And I just couldn`t stop laughing. Also it is sad that hardcore fans of both creatures are replaced by the one that are able to give ground to producers spoiling our beloved monsters. :(

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Oct 24, 2007, 10:02:07 AM
Why you change the aliens ridged head? It looks better ridged, not smooth.

I and plenty of others think the opposite. I prefer the ridged look. It makes them look more a part of the hive and, in some ways, more brutal.

However, the ones for this film are only attempts at that sort of a look. In truth, these ones are more slated than ridged, meaning they won't have the same effect as those of 'Aliens' had done.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 24, 2007, 04:55:39 PM
Quote from: Plokoon111 on Oct 24, 2007, 10:02:07 AM
Why you change the aliens ridged head? It looks better ridged, not smooth.

I and plenty of others think the opposite. I prefer the ridged look. It makes them look more a part of the hive and, in some ways, more brutal.

However, the ones for this film are only attempts at that sort of a look. In truth, these ones are more slated than ridged, meaning they won't have the same effect as those of 'Aliens' had done.
I think the new heads are even better looking.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Thorby on Oct 24, 2007, 02:59:46 PM
All i know of is ebay to have the chance of selling these kinds of things. Everywhere else is all with Dollars! lol

Dude you can use pounds with dollars...
::)

£50 = $100

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 23, 2007, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 23, 2007, 09:06:51 PM
This is a figure meant to be in an aggressive pose. It might well close them more fully in the film.
No it wont.
Crom told me that he wished that they made the madibles fold in more like the originals, he (and I) think he looks still great, but he told me that the original predator is still the best, in terms of face design.
He also told me that the figure is more exaggerated then the actual face and that he will still look great and a lot like the original in the film... just not as great as the original.

He looks great to me. Sure he ain't no Anytime or Pussyface but he definitely looks like a proper Predator and definitely looks awesome. A decent combination of the two as well.

Close enough to Stan's design in my opinion. Here's to hoping he looks like that on screen.

Oh and his eyes are brilliant. The right one is a perfect replica of Anytime's.

Huol

Huol

Anytimes eyes where Kevin peter halls.  ;D

The Chibi Kiriyama

His face looks better with his mouth closed, but not by a whole lot.

As far as the movie goes, if I was able to bear through the bad designs in Transformers to enjoy the movie for what it was I can try to do the same thing here. It's not like his design's really horrible, and the story might make up for the flaws.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed