McFarlane alien toys.(Marines)

Started by Private Hudson, Sep 18, 2007, 10:56:06 PM

Should McFarlane toys make more six inch Marines? (Vasquez, Hudson, etc..)

Yes
13 (59.1%)
No
4 (18.2%)
Don't care
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author
McFarlane alien toys.(Marines) (Read 8,497 times)

Private Hudson

Should McFarlane toys make more Marine toys?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sure it shoulds like a good idea.

ridetofight

i vote no. they butchered hicks bad enough. they don't need to follow it up with a bunch of other smalled-headed, huge-armed, barely recognizable marines with exclusive helmets.

Private Hudson

Quote from: ridetofight on Sep 19, 2007, 07:56:53 PM
i vote no. they butchered hicks bad enough. they don't need to follow it up with a bunch of other smalled-headed, huge-armed, barely recognizable marines with exclusive helmets.

Are they really that bad? I've only seen Hicks figure on an online pic and he looked pretty good....

Corporal Hicks

Barely any articulation and he looks nothing like Biehn.

Private Hudson

That sucks. I usually like McFarlane toys.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

^ Yeah I agree.

Private Hudson

Hicks, does it look anything, a tiny bit, like Biehn?

Corporal Hicks

You tell me.

shakermakerman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2007, 08:20:42 AM

You tell me.

Biehn with Arnie arms lol.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Articulation! What do you guys do?... play with them? ::) They are models. They are designed with 1 position in mind because they are not action figures; they are "ornaments" at least to me anyway. This is the reason I don't buy Hot Toys stuff - they are more like action figures to play with, all be it expensive action figures. The always remind me of Action Man!

SHOCK HORROR! - Someone doesn't like Hot Toys! - He's not entitled to say that!!  ;)

Seriously why is articulation such a big factor to people? Ok so you want to put them in different poses – to me that's playing with them – you will all be asking for "Karate chop action next"! My mother has an ornament of a fairy, she hasn't complained yet that its arms don't move or its wings aren't interchangeable with a little fairy backpack although her vase does have movable flowers! she can even replace them with others  ;D

Ok on topic - Yes they should make the Marines, they should of ages ago!

Demonio Cazador

McToys won't, because they don't have the license anymore
besides I agree, Hicks looked like crap.
NECA could do a better job I think.

Oh and Darth Spud, I understand what you're saying but here's what McToys website clearly states:

"Many of our action figure series are based on film properties. We work with classic films whose characters demand action figure treatment and also with newer movies that have a strong visual appeal."

http://spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=8

They still put "some" articulation on their figures, so in their mind they are still creating action figures, otherwise they will call them Mini-Statues ala NECA's Masters of the Universe line.  ;)
Some people care a lot about poseability, I don't that much as long as I'm allowed to pose them in a cool way without looking weird, but McToys most of the times have some lame poses...like the LOST line...but hey, some people like them and I guess that's why they keep producing them!   :)

So, I voted I don't care, but I'm sure they won't,
Now if NECA can make some marines and Dutch's team, that would be awesome!  ;D

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 22, 2007, 01:51:32 PM
Oh and Darth Spud, I understand what you're saying but here's what McToys website clearly states:

"Many of our action figure series are based on film properties. We work with classic films whose characters demand action figure treatment and also with newer movies that have a strong visual appeal."

Well at least they are not as bad as Hot Toys, besides that Hicks isn't that bad IMO, the colours are spot on and the INTENDED pose is pretty cool. The worst part of it is probably the really thick thigh area. I do agree though that NECA would probably do a much better job at the Marines than Mcfarlane.

Whilst we are on the topic of Hot Toys - have you seen their version of Ripley! Its a god damn doll! It looks like shit.

Its nothing like Ripley - going on the premise of which company has sculpted a more accurate depiction I think Mcfarlane's Hicks wins hands down. That Hot toys Ripley is nothing like her!

Demonio Cazador

You know, Hot Toys and McFarlane are totally different companies, with totally different products and focused to different markets.
So there's really no point of comparisson. Each one has it's pros and cons. And you can't compare an 8" plastic mass market "action figure" with a 12" high end mixed media action figure...BTW, have you had any of the Hot Toys Marines in hand, they look awesome!!!

As for Ripley, Fox doesn't have the rights over the actors likenesses so they aren't allowed to have the figures look like the actual actors. With that said, they cleverly "hid" the likeness with a weird paintjob, but the sculpt is there. As I said 1/6 scale figures are high end collectibles but a huge amount of collectors like to customize them. Here's an example of what one of the customizers did with his Ripley, this is from Figuremaster Les from Sideshow freaks.
Just a repaint on the head and voilá, Sigourney Weaver!

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Oct 22, 2007, 02:11:34 PM
Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 22, 2007, 01:51:32 PM

Well at least they are not as bad as Hot Toys, besides that Hicks isn't that bad IMO, the colours are spot on and the INTENDED pose is pretty cool. The worst part of it is probably the really thick thigh area. I do agree though that NECA would probably do a much better job at the Marines than Mcfarlane.

Whilst we are on the topic of Hot Toys - have you seen their version of Ripley! Its a god damn doll! It looks like shit.
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/photo/219DSCN7328_3x4.jpg

Actually, with a good repaint, it's been shown to look like her quite a bit(Pic isn't mine, BTW);

They did the same thing with Drake because they don't have the likeness rights.

And please, McFarlane's figures suck when it comes to Hot Toys. Try comparing their 12" Scar Predator and 12" Grid Alien to the Hot Toys versions and you'll see that Hot Toys kicks the crap out of them.

And I prefer articulation AND detail, over just plain detail, no articulation and being stuck in a crappy pose that looks awkward when you try to move it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed