Aliens Deluxe Playset. Yay or Nay?

Started by ScarPredator16, Sep 08, 2007, 04:48:43 AM

Author
Aliens Deluxe Playset. Yay or Nay? (Read 7,910 times)

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

I recently came across the Aliens Deluxe Playset, and it was suprisingly cheap. Although I've never seen the contents inside, the box describes them in a pretty kick ass manor. I want to know, for thoes who bought this item, how is it? Should I buy it? Is it only good for playing, or could I set it up with the rest of my AVP figures?

The Necronoir

As one who doesn't have this item, but would have killed for it as a teenager, I say get it! Probably the most realistic representation of the alien in the whole Kenner line.

Hang on, you are talking about the one with the queen and the eggsack on a hive base, right?

Corporal Hicks

We talking Kenner or those Treehouse Horror ones?

ScarPredator16

Tree House Kids set.

Corporal Hicks

*shrugs* Was close enough. I wouldn't myself. The figures aren't painted or anything.

Mr. Weyland

I like the detail of the aliens but the marines look crap and there really skinny for some reason?   

Corporal Hicks

Got pics? And check your Access Space PMs.

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2007, 03:23:10 PM

Have you never seen the play set figures?

I haven't been on access space for a few days, I be there soon.

anyway, here's some images:   

Mike’s Monsters

My younger brother has that.
I also got a few packs of just the figures, I like them.
They remind me of the old school green and tan army men you could get for a dollar or something. A whole bucket full ya know?

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I had. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't imagining the unpainted figures.

ScarPredator16

So its not worth getting for $25?

Mike’s Monsters

Heck, I would get it for 25 bucks...
I think my mom paid more than that for it when it first came out.

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Sep 09, 2007, 01:41:36 AM
So its not worth getting for $25?

The full play set thingy?

I don't have the play set, just a few swarm packs, I don't even know how to play the damn game.

I was going to buy the play set but I snooty nose kid got it before me, him and his mom opened the thing in the shop and actually started playing with it before actually guying it, he also latter went to buy one of them AVP small weird game pieces.

By the way I wanted the Play set because it was on say off about £10 

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Sep 08, 2007, 04:29:27 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2007, 03:23:10 PM

Have you never seen the play set figures?

I haven't been on access space for a few days, I be there soon.

anyway, here's some images:   

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/filmman01/AVP%20merchandise/AVPtoy001.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/filmman01/AVP%20merchandise/AVPtoy002.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/filmman01/AVP%20merchandise/AVPtoy003.jpg

*I bought this "Aliens Deluxe Playset" thing and it's pretty cool actually for display and stuff.....I used the playset for sets in my fan film AVP:Bloodshed and it looked great on film.*

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I have it and the expansion-packs.

I got mine for $10 off EBAY, but it retails now for $60-$70.
The figures aren't painted (which sucks), but the detail on the aliens are pretty sweet.

I like it.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed