Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 211,173 times)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 19, 2013, 05:53:51 PM
You're not gonna get anywhere with people if you're calling them, "f**king idiots."

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 19, 2013, 05:05:07 PM
People forget that we are in a war against irrationality and illogic. Why should rational and sexy atheists tolerate religionist fundie terrorists and child f*cking priests? We as a civilization would be better off and 1,000 years more advanced if Christianity and Islam never rooted itself into the trench it's dug itself into.
Where's your evidence?

Here

http://youtu.be/6p5jnqEyUs4

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 19, 2013, 08:08:54 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 19, 2013, 05:53:51 PM
You're not gonna get anywhere with people if you're calling them, "f**king idiots."

People forget that we are in a war against irrationality and illogic. Why should rational and sexy atheists tolerate religionist fundie terrorists and child f*cking priests? We as a civilization would be better off and 1,000 years more advanced if Christianity and Islam never rooted itself into the trench it's dug itself into.
Where's your evidence?

Here

http://youtu.be/6p5jnqEyUs4
Oh.

Eva

Eva

An extremely black/white view on a very complex period of European history. To add, the idea that the dark ages were a period of years where all progress halted (mainly caused by religious intervention), has been completely debunked by now.

Would you have preferred The Roman Empire to have survived and colonized/conqured all continents on Earth by now? I doubt we would have been better off in that scenario.

As for the religious beliefs = mental illness comparison... that's pretty far out...

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 18, 2013, 08:31:10 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 18, 2013, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 18, 2013, 06:20:32 PM
Mental illness and having faith in a religion are two different things.

But they are alike in many ways, namely not being able to tell what's real or not. In a more perfect world, religionists would be sent to a looney bin.

You can't disprove or prove any religion.
Your "in a more perfect world" comment also leads me to believe you're one of "those" Atheists and you judge people based more on their religious beliefs rather than just being tolerant of it and letting it be.

We'd still be in the same place. A lot of people do good things for others because they believe in God and his teachings of being kind, generous and looking after your fellow man etc. It has given people hope when they were in despair Prove that we'd be better off. It has given them faith when they have struggled, and has given them peace when they have fear. Is that bad? Many historical people who were religious did great things to help change society. Irrationality and illogic thought doesn't come from religion, it comes from people. Even if we didn't have religion, we probably still be just as advanced, still coming up with stupid reasons to hate this or that person. It has nothing to do with religion.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

If religion never existed, we'd just find other reasons to kill each other and so on.

Religion isn't to blame, people are.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 19, 2013, 10:31:04 PMIf religion never existed, we'd just find other reasons to kill each other and so on.
Nevertheless, it would be one less catalyst.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 19, 2013, 10:31:04 PMReligion isn't to blame, people are.
If your religion tells you to do something harmful and you're willing to do it for your religion, religion is to blame.

SiL

SiL

Unless you're proposing religions spontaneously pop into existence, people are still the problem for making them.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SiL on Sep 20, 2013, 12:40:22 AMUnless you're proposing religions spontaneously pop into existence, people are still the problem for making them.
It's like how guns don't kill; it's people with guns who kill. Take away the guns, people will still kill, but not as many.

BANE

BANE

Unless you're, oh, I don't know...creative.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BANE on Sep 20, 2013, 01:51:12 AM
Unless you're, oh, I don't know...creative.
Most likely they aren't.

SM

SM

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 19, 2013, 06:09:13 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2013, 04:56:35 AM
All that's missing is
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/youre-not-the-boss-of-me.png
and
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UnhiA_6q9MY/T4M0WupVcrI/AAAAAAAABMo/pAyZkCY59vU/s320/cartman-i-do-what-i-want.jpg

Yes. Those are entirely the same thing. Refusing to tolerate indoctrination, threats, active degradation of education, ritualized intolerance and the brainwashing of children is just like spoilt child acting out.

I don't mind you being a Troll, but do try and be funny as well :P Step up your game or stop playing.

Ah, so only the rabid atheists so desperately trying to shout to the world how much of anti-conformist they are, are only allowed to post childlish little tanty pictures.

Glad we got that sorted.

QuotePeople forget that we are in a war against irrationality and illogic.

:laugh:
No, we're not.  You're in a war with not being a braindead oxygen thief.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: SM on Sep 20, 2013, 01:58:04 AM
Ah, so only the rabid atheists so desperately trying to shout to the world how much of anti-conformist they are, are only allowed to post childlish little tanty pictures.

Glad we got that sorted.

You compared this

To this

Your looking for chances to snipe at Atheists, I get that, and your welcome to, but your choice of snipe made you look like a morally bankrupt child. Either you chose poorly, or you are a morally bankrupt child. If you can't understand why this was a poor choice, then your trying too hard and not thinking.

SM

SM

Predictably blind to the obvious petulant similarities.

Maybe you'll grow out of this juvenile rage against religion and come to realise it doesn't actually matter in the long run.

Or at least grow up enough to correctly use the term "morally bankrupt" in a sentence.

I don't look for chances to snipe at atheists.  I completely get their point of view and respect their lack of belief.

Angry attention whores with a misplaced sense of superiority however....

Sabby

Sabby

Okay, can anyone else actually see how this is a poor comparison? Because the idea of refusing to tolerate the things mentioned in the first picture being 'a child acting entitled' just blow my brain :/ I have no idea how anyone could make the comparison.

SM

SM

Of course you don't.  You have to maintain the rage.  And no doubt others will come along and join your congo line of victimhood and outrage at the war being waged on you by religion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed