Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,786 times)

RazorSlash

My Predator story mode glitched up on the second level. Whenever I would set the time bomb for one of the other dead preds, It would randomly say I died. And rather then restarting at a checkpoint, it started me off at my point of death. Turns out all I had to do was restart the level

mokole

mokole

razorslash ur not keltic are u? cause if not there is a player in an identical situation otherwise at lv 18...

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: mokole on May 11, 2010, 06:09:14 AM
razorslash ur not keltic are u? cause if not there is a player in an identical situation otherwise at lv 18...

nah, I'm not kelitc. But I AM stuck at lv 18 on multiplayer due to a PS3 rank glitch

mokole

mokole

whats ur psn? figured out that the glitch is after the ranked match if u don't see the auto-save icon in the top right when it tells u ur xp it hasn't saved and playing another match will usually activate the save usually at the end of ur next match...hopefully...

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

I've been having some minor problems for awhile now, but usually they could be fixed up "verifying game cache" or they would simply go away on their own.

But then the problem escalated, and I was timing out of every server I joined within ten seconds of showing up.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

And now I can't even get into servers. I join, pick my species, and then it times out when it starts loading. For the first few weeks prior to any patches, this game worked perfectly (well, as perfectly as a no patched game can), but now I can't play online at all.

It's getting frustrating.

Does anyone know a possible fix? It isn't a graphics or hardware thing, my computer can easily handle this game (hell, I upgraded FOR this game), so I don't know what's wrong. My other online games work just fine, just not this one.

Did what the one mod told me to do, deleted some .blob file, still no good. When the game freezes on me, and I do a Ctrl Alt Del to get into the task manager, I get an error that says "aliens vs predator has stopped working" if that helps at all.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: mokole on May 14, 2010, 06:33:41 AM
whats ur psn? figured out that the glitch is after the ranked match if u don't see the auto-save icon in the top right when it tells u ur xp it hasn't saved and playing another match will usually activate the save usually at the end of ur next match...hopefully...

Tried that, it sometimes works, but mostly doesn't

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Well, I installed the game again and it still has strange singleplayer and multiplayer lag/stuttering issues. The Nvidia drivers fixed only one thing, which was the 3 second freeze and the game goes back to normal. My problem is the game is unstable, it plays good one day and then plays terrible the next.

I've tried every single graphic setting both ingame and in the Nvidia control panel. Nothing works, the game is bugged or it hates my GTX 280 1GB card and will only play smooth on the latest ATi cards. I uninstalled the game, what a shame I really want to play it.

Rich_368

Rich_368

My dad and I have had AVP since the week it released for PS3, our number one favorite game. When the patch was released, his online account started acting funny. No matter what rank he achieved after this, each time he would sign back on to play, he would lose all (ranks, skins, and exp) down to rank 2. Any online MP seemed to act the same way since this happened with his avp online account, it would show that it is saving, but upon signing back...all would be lost(also affected Red Dead Redemption online save). Last night I reached rank 37 when I signed back on I was 36 again. I was able to use the Lord pred skin, but it would show that it was still locked. I attempted the process of gaining rank 37 two more times, and upon signing back in, it had knocked me back down to 36. I love this game and have been a huge AVP fan since I was a kid. Is there anything you can do to help me out Rebellion? I really want to avoid having to make a new account and lose all that I have worked for.

Thanks,
Rich

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: Rich_368 on Jun 01, 2010, 05:39:58 PM
My dad and I have had AVP since the week it released for PS3, our number one favorite game. When the patch was released, his online account started acting funny. No matter what rank he achieved after this, each time he would sign back on to play, he would lose all (ranks, skins, and exp) down to rank 2. Any online MP seemed to act the same way since this happened with his avp online account, it would show that it is saving, but upon signing back...all would be lost(also affected Red Dead Redemption online save). Last night I reached rank 37 when I signed back on I was 36 again. I was able to use the Lord pred skin, but it would show that it was still locked. I attempted the process of gaining rank 37 two more times, and upon signing back in, it had knocked me back down to 36. I love this game and have been a huge AVP fan since I was a kid. Is there anything you can do to help me out Rebellion? I really want to avoid having to make a new account and lose all that I have worked for.

Thanks,
Rich

This is realy weird, mostly because you say Red ded has the same issue.
AvP takes your rank from the PS3 servers every time you log on (this means that playing from another PS3/XBox/PC will still give you XP), it has nothing to do with your AvP save game. If you are going back to your old rank it is because either your game results aren't reaching the server in the first place or it is not correctly saving them at the PSN end.

Rich_368

Rich_368

This is realy weird, mostly because you say Red ded has the same issue AvP takes your rank from the PS3 servers every time you log on (this means that playing from another PS3/XBox/PC will still give you XP), it has nothing to do with your AvP save game. If you are going back to your old rank it is because either your game results aren't reaching the server in the first place or it is not correctly saving them at the PSN end.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix/make sure it saves? I saw where razorslash and a few others were having the same issue. There probably isn't anything that can be done, just trying to go through the steps. I appreciate the help man.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Not realy, you could try emailing sony/psn support and see if they know of any issues.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I think I found the issue with the sluggish gameplay for the PC. If AVP shadows are set to high and textures to very high it makes the game unstable and go completely nuts. I think people with 8800, 9800, and the 280 cards like I have will see this issue.

But I believe I found the sweet spot to where the game remains stable no matter how long your playing it. If you set textures to high and the shadows to high and keep the resolution low like at 1400x1050 res for example, the game will remain stable and still look amazing, even on dx10.

Rich_368

Rich_368

Hmmm I signed into my account last night via my brothers PS3 and for some odd reason it saved my ranks...odd.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 02, 2010, 11:07:13 PM
I think I found the issue with the sluggish gameplay for the PC. If AVP shadows are set to high and textures to very high it makes the game unstable and go completely nuts. I think people with 8800, 9800, and the 280 cards like I have will see this issue.

But I believe I found the sweet spot to where the game remains stable no matter how long your playing it. If you set textures to high and the shadows to high and keep the resolution low like at 1400x1050 res for example, the game will remain stable and still look amazing, even on dx10.

If you are running an 8800 of 9800 you shouldn't even be attempting to run it at very high textures.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

WRONG.

AVP wins the award for worst optimized game of the year in my book. You could have a monster 1GB video card and the lastest i7 CPU with 6GB and still get sluggish gameplay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed