Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 132,141 times)

Brother

Brother

We all have to live with it.

webley13

webley13

steam is the biggest pile of god knows what - its the bane to any games company that signs up to it - the only thing it offers is pop-up adverts and updates you didnt ask for thus making it like malware. i mean, if i want to play online or offline, why do i need to be connected to steams stupid lil advert services? So i can talk to the people in my friends list.

At the end of the day, screw that, i want to play my god damn game, so i should be able to without my friends list. without stupid offers from steam

its a sales tool, it does not enhance the gaming experiance - infact its the opposite, it stops you playing your games that you buy off them

it goes down at least once a day - and they call it "routine maintenance", its not, its just rubbish and keeps falling over

ther VAC doesnt even work

steam/valve re-invented the word ass mucher - they've sucked one or two big ones in the past but this takes the biscuit

just because they made half life doesnt give them the right to pull off a stunt like this

i dont know why the f*** developers are sending their games to the coffin by signing up to them, they must be gettting paid by steam to join up - its all about money isnt it?

the only reason why we have the stupid player ranking match making system is so the game needs steam for something, the steam sync'd leaderboards - so they throw in the skins. - other than that the game does not need steam at all

Lamplight

Lamplight

Hi everyone,

I have a problem playing Multiplayer.
The game does not find any Multiplayer Matches... :(
No Ranked, Player or Dedicated Server matches.
I always get the information that there were no results found :((

It seems to have worked a few weeks ago before I reinstalled the game :(
What should I do to solve the problem...?

Revenant

Revenant

I  LOVE STEAM!!!

It's because of steam that i got games like avp and l4d 2 cause it takes ages for it to be in stores in places such as the place wher i live in -_-

and if u dont want steam to auto-update ur stuff , just right click it and select auto-update off.....

srsly, it's not that hard

:)

D-13

D-13

I had played singleplayer, and had gotten most of the Audiologs, Queen-jar-thingies and Predator junk...
Then... blam... Steam can't connect to steam-cloud - Have you started the game on some other computer...blabla...
I pressed ok... then started the game again... and voilá... all my controls was reset...and all junk I had collected
was gone... yea, great...

Brother

Brother

Steam cloud was down for a while yesterday and the same window popped up to me, you should have waited till it came back.

webley13

webley13

Quote from: Revenant on Mar 05, 2010, 02:41:43 PM
I  LOVE STEAM!!!

It's because of steam that i got games like avp and l4d 2 cause it takes ages for it to be in stores in places such as the place wher i live in -_-

and if u dont want steam to auto-update ur stuff , just right click it and select auto-update off.....

srsly, it's not that hard

:)

anyway to turn of adverts?

x-M-x

x-M-x

STEAM = KILLER OF GAMES lol... serious like that guy said... he was in a good game and just because a 3rd party application has a time out or an error it takes the game with it...

why cant sega/rebellion just make this game with out steam ? make it like AVP2 search servers and so on....  STEAM is not doing it any favors lol... try telling that to the people who had massive problems with half-life 2 when that came out... lol

Zephon

Zephon

It's not steam. I play dozens of other steam games and I've never had ANY and I mean ANY of the problems with those that I have with AvP. AvPs code is shit. Period.

piet11111

piet11111

Quote from: perfect organism on Mar 02, 2010, 04:21:36 PM
I cant believe it, but i just installed the new NVIDIA Drivers 196.75 and i still cant believe it...

- No stuttering anymore when i start and play the game under directX11  ;D
- Overall performance seems to be improved and everything is a lot smoother  ;)

I didnt try out the DirectX9 mode, but im just happy that the stuttering is gone now.

shame that the 196.75 drivers have the potential to kill your videocard because somehow the fan control part of the driver got fubar'd and can shut down the fan.

Ziklitschli

Ziklitschli

Steam is not hardware requirement, steam is punishment I have to take because somebody else may steal the game. I dont f* care, get him if you can, if you can't cry at home and don't make me trouble because I paid for the game! I love AVP and would never rob rebellion, but it was the last game I ever bought from SEGA and the last one with internet based DRM. Hackers can crack 90% of such protected games within 24 hours after launch anyway, it just doesn't work and only pis off legitimate customers. I've read some analysis saying that for each 1000 stopped illegal downloads 1 legitimate copy is bought. Let steam be an online shop and nothing more, it would be ok then, now it's just irritating s*.   

Xhan

Xhan

Mostly on overclocked models, which if you expect to be using your card for any length of time, you shouldn't be doing anyway... Of course people who OC their cards are the same clueless tards that turn Vsync off and wonder why their cards stop working so good after a while despite rendering hundreds of uneeded frames over and over.

That said, this is the third time nVidia has hosed fan control in the last three months, they're on a definite roll.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Having a dedicated server problem. When i try launching my dedicated server now it freezes and says my avp_cli.exe stopped working.

Anyone who can please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Uncanny Psycho

thrown_hammer

thrown_hammer

All these issues are PS3 related. I cannot comment on other systems.

The matchmaking is almost unusable.

There is no way to mute anyone and it is open mic!

After the game you don't go to the lobby, you go all the way out to your party. Not a big deal if it didn't take 5 minutes to get into another game.

No host migration, so when the host loses connection or rage quits, back to your party to start the search all over again.

The Predator is ridiculously overpowered. Today I tried to play a few deathmatch games. Easily 75% of the players were Predators in every game. This game is turning into a giant Predator war.

I keep hoping they will fix this, but I have yet to see them even acknowledge anything needs fixed.

I hate to get rid of it already, but I don't want to end up with another SOCOM game, where it takes them a year to fix and by then it is worth $5...

AVP makes Baby Jesus cry.  :cry: I have been waiting for this game a very long time.

WeylandYutaniCorp

WeylandYutaniCorp

for real I havnt played since release because there is NO online for PS3.  I had more fun on the demo because there was at least 8 players in a match.

its been almost a month if it doesnt get fixed soon I will be selling the game sadly disappointed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed