NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,110 times)

SiL

SiL

So no.

I don't get the fawning  praise. It's ok. But it's tiny and the mouth spoils it. I'd rather the regular runner.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'd rather have something symmetrical myself.

The yellowed blobby teeth, mediocre paint, inaccuracies in the sculpt and the lopsided dome spoiled their film version long before this one got out the door.

I will take a slight overbite and higher price point over all of that.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It's more than a slight overbite

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it looks substantially more egregious in that guy's review than in promotional pictures, but knowing NECA's quality control standards some will have issues and some will not, luckily the separation between the dome and top of the mouth's something easily fixed with a bit of Vallejo water texture acrylic.

I did the same for their Alien Covenant figures in the past.

I'm fully aware you should not have to, especially for the price point here, but I'm just glad it's the one thing instead of multiple issues in the sculpt itself and the other stuff I have previously listed.

Here's photos for comparison:

My repaint and mouth overbite fix:

The original (with overbite) promotional photos:

Kradan

Kradan

First two ones look like they're yet to be painted. Just gray plastic

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just trying to replicate the film look honestly.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh shit, you already painted them ? I thought these were the ones just taken out of the box. Um, this is akward  :-X

Spoiler
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Don't worry, it's honestly a compliment, the film's one's pretty much black grey with not much variance so I take it I nailed it.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jun 06, 2022, 02:52:24 PMWhere are the fire team aliens being found??

Where...????

bobcunk

bobcunk

I don't think the dome looks off on the ultimate one but I do find it odd that the arms and legs are asymmetrical, i thought they used the wrong ones until i saw thats how its supposed to be, I just got it from a comic book store and thought it may be a bootleg but I don't think it is. I still had to put it in hot water and scrap the glaze out of the joints and push the shoulders together and the arm so the had stays on ( you should not have to do things like this, Iv never had an issue from McFarlane yet) This new one looks cheaper and cartoonish but is almost $50 and no accessories.

judge death

judge death

Does anyone know what scale the neca alien figures are in? They just say 7 inch scale, but what is the true scale? Ripley was 180cm irl and her figure is 17,8cm tall so 1:10 I get it to.
Parker seem same from my calculations, but I suck at math so could be wrong xD
Maybe someone here know? :)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

All of their 7 inch figures are supposed to be around 1:10 scale, very similar to most of McFarlane toys now. Of course they're not always super accurate, but that's the expected scale.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ordered mine, so excited, finally NECA's made something I can recommend without any caveats.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Neca has always had a problem with overbites imo

SiL

SiL

They have never made an Alien with a nice mouth. Always ruins their big chaps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed