NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,097 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think there sculpts were nice in the past. Particularly the film stuff where the adult Alien's concerned in the first three films.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Where are the fire team aliens being found??

jammiklark

jammiklark

How come only Big Chap got upgraded teeth sculpt for the Ultimate series? The Ultimate Dog and Warrior aliens both have their original semi-blobby teeth, I recently got my Ultimate Big Chap and on hand its teeth are well defined and sharp.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 05, 2022, 03:26:35 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 05, 2022, 01:19:30 AMUtter nonsense. It's literally the Fireteam Elite model. Which's gorgeous.

This blows nearly all of NECA's previous Alien offerings out of the water and it is the definitive action figure of the Runner.

And the rest of them are the sizes they ought to be, other media representations can take a hike frankly, the Warriors were always too stocky even in Aliens itself and often too small in most other things, they are actually finally as big and lean as they always should have looked. As for the Dragon the size's of it is massively inconsistent even within Alien³ as it appears in from scene to scene.

Have you watched any reviews? Judge death got me, the details are nice (though not perfect, I'll get back to that), but the size difference is crazy huge, more then any inconsistency in Alien 3. She says in the film, an 8ft creature. This guy won't be close compared to the marines. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIbRvjDAcYA
The size comparison starts at 7:09, that will look ridiculous compared to other humans and aliens as well. And look from 8:45 to 9:00 and tell me that long neck and face close up doesn't look ridiculous with that overbite?

I have no problem making the warriors bigger, but when you do that and then make the runners smaller, it looks ridiculous in the game. Not to mention in the game that the drone is noticeably smaller that the warrior whereas I personally think the difference should've been smaller or non existent, but that's less of an issue. The game has beautiful models, but the proportional sizing is really off IMO. I was looking forward to the runner, but seeing how small he is, he really won't fit in with my collection. And the long neck looks silly, if it's not possible enough, I won't even be able to pose the creature well. When you add to that the fact I'm still salty Neca gave these new runners single jointed elbows, I do feel disappointed, especially when there has been so little news for alien figures.

The sculpt is beautiful, but the proportions are very weird to me. 

Yyyyyyyyyikes, that thing does not look good. That overbite is bonkers, it looks radically better in the promo/box photos than it does in that video, the paint job (or seeming lack of it) is really lackluster, and the small size at the same price point as the larger figures is a huge turn-off. I'll take the existing Runner (which I really like) over that thing any day of the week. The existing NECA Runner looks more like the in-game Fireteam Elite model than that thing does.

Thank you for posting that video, that got me to cancel my preorder. Hopefully the Prowler turns out better.

Edit-- looks like the only way to order the Prowler from Entertainment Earth is as a set with the Runner, and BBTS has the individual ones marked up pretty heavily. I'm not sure if I'm better off keeping my preorder for the set and then trying to flip the Runner on eBay or something.

Edit again-- Honest to god when I saw the thumbnail for that review video I thought I was looking at the Lanard Toys Alien Runner at first. What a f**king mess.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 09, 2022, 03:42:24 AMThe existing NECA Runner looks more like the in-game Fireteam Elite model than that thing does.
It absolutely does not.
I have messed with the Runner model for this game in Blender for hours on end making mods for other games, the Neca figure is 1:1 with the model, the articulation is just worse.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Even with that shitty overbite? The video I linked doesn't seem to show that.

New NECA figure still looks bad. NECA wants $35-$42 for that thing, get the f**k outta here with that shit lmao.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The sculp is 100% the game one. Trust me, the overbite is just poor articulation on Neca's part

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah it, like, ruins the figure for me. That and the small size, lackluster paint, and high price point have killed my interest in the figure stone-cold dead.  "Accurate to the game model" or not, it just looks worse than the Runner we have.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It absolutely does not.

The one before this has a f**king lopsided dome in the sculpt.

Paint's something I can fix myself, that's not, as for being overpriced that's par for the course for NECA.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 09, 2022, 10:30:01 AMIt absolutely does not.
I disagree with your opinion.

Also it being overpriced being "par for the course" doesn't mean I should just accept it and throw my money at them for a small figure that I feel is inferior. At that price point you shouldn't have to fix shitty paint yourself

If you think it's satisfactory then that's wonderful, I think it looks like trash.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think I'm a big fan of Alien.

As such I'd like a figure of this design in this scale.

This being the only one to exist leaves me with not a lot of choice in the matter.

Especially when their film figure's way more irritating to me personally in what it misses the mark on.

The dome symmetry's the baseline for something being even acceptable and it did not even manage that much.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

To my eye, the dome looks fine.

I am also a big fan of Alien.

If you think it looks bad, you are welcome to your opinion.

Edit— if you want, I'll keep my preorder for the Prowler/Runner pair and then sell you the Runner for like $35 plus shipping.

This offer stands for anyone else as well.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm looking to get both myself actually so not quite, thank you for the offer though, and I live in the UK.

SiL

SiL

That goofy overbite alone is enough to put me off. Is the game model that dumb looking?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Check a minute and twenty seconds into the above video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed