Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,392 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Beautiful stuff.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Unexpected, but welcome.
Now, what about an ultimate predalien, Neca? ???

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Never ever ever probably.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I guess I never noticed the asymmetry. I'm still not quite seeing it I think or maybe the NECA figure just doesn't bother me, I still like the Ultimate version quite a bit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I figured you'd say that. I have actually explained this all, before I'm pretty sure. It just does not flow like the film version does. That elegance's completely missing, NECA tends to do decent representations.

But of their original three film Alien ones, there's something off about each of them frankly, it's just more obviously off with the Runner than the Warrior or the Drone.

But where credit's due, the Eggs, the Facehuggers, the Chestbursters, the Predators, they nearly always nail, and they nailed the Alien Resurrection and the AVP Aliens and the Queen itself, and the Fireteam stuff looks good so far, and of course their interpretations of stuff that did not exist prior's just purely creative license.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No I mean, I can appreciate an in-depth deep dive into how accurate/not accurate a piece of merchandise is (I've planned something similar with Narcissus merchandise for a while, but god knows if I'll ever actually get around to it), and I'm acknowledging that in some ways I'm just not seeing it but then again I'm also probably not looking as closely as you are. For some people, "good enough" is exactly that, and for others it isn't.

Like you seem to be praising the Fireteam figures but don't care for the baseline Ultimate Runner, but to my eye they seem to share a lot of parts? I can see that the upper arms are different (because the Fireteam one isn't double-jointed at the elbow), and maybe the feet are different, and I'm guessing the head is different, but it looks like a lot of stuff is the same. Almost to the point that I was hesitant to preorder it because I was having trouble telling what they changed. Frankly I'm interested to see comparison photos (or if nothing else, getting the Fireteam one in-hand) to see how different they are and if I end up having "buyer's remorse" because they're too similar.

Like I remember your posts about how the NECA Drone isn't accurate and that one was a lot more obvious to my eye than it is with the Runner.

I'm not saying the problems aren't there, just that I'm genuinely having trouble seeing them (or they're not egregious enough to trip me off, maybe).

I think your comparison might have been more effective if you had genuine side-by-side pictures of NECA vs the movie, with relevant bits circled/highlighted/pointed out or whatever. Like yeah that's a ton more work and I'm probably not worth convincing since I already said I think the NECA version is "good enough" to my eye, but I would genuinely like to see the differences; as it stands, having to scroll back and forth between the NECA pics and the rod puppet pics and then try to use your text as a guide just isn't helping me see the problems very much.

khas

khas

It seems surreal to me. They have been saying for years that they are going to launch new marines, including Drake from Aliens, and they only offer us aliens with the same molds as always...

judge death

judge death

Quote from: khas on Apr 03, 2022, 11:53:11 AM
It seems surreal to me. They have been saying for years that they are going to launch new marines, including Drake from Aliens, and they only offer us aliens with the same molds as always...
Wait to 2026 for the 40th anniversiary is my bet when they come around to do it. xD

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's actually not the same moulds, apart from perhaps the hands and the feet, they are entirely new.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 02, 2022, 11:28:10 PM
But of their original three film Alien ones, there's something off about each of them frankly, it's just more obviously off with the Runner than the Warrior or the Drone.

Yep, I was surprised to see the Runner so accurate to the game's model here and I wonder if they actually used it to make the molds via 3D printing.

The 'Stompy' they did from Isolation never really looked right, as it's not just Big Chap with longer legs but there are some key structural differences in the body and head. These two, however, look spot on. I would've expected just a recycled Dog Alien but that's not the case here.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah hopefully this will be a sign of things to come then.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Let´s rejoice, it means that NECA still has the Aliens license  :)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

As someone who messed around with this model over at blender, I can 100% confirm this mold is directly made off the ingame model and not some lazy retool like some suggested

Adamantiumhip

Adamantiumhip

I would honestly like a marine or two from the game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be all over some Alpha/Beta figures myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed