Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 300,631 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 02, 2015, 01:35:35 AM
Rumours say it will be connected to Prom 2 and 1 retroactively, which would mean this:

Alien, Aliens, Alien3, A:R.

&

Prometheus, Prometheus sequel, Alien, Aliens, Neill Blompkamp's Alien.

Sounds good to me.

I certainly hope this is not the case.  It should be:

Prom 1, Prom 2, Alien, Aliens, Blomkamp's Alien

Hopefully there will be a final installment near the end that will tie the Prometheus and Alien storyline together.  Bald headed engineers rock.  They are so much more meaningful and compelling than elephant-nosed Space Jockeys.  They raise the stakes for humanity so much higher.

Anyway, its all opinion based at this point.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 02, 2015, 02:43:55 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 02, 2015, 01:35:35 AM
Rumours say it will be connected to Prom 2 and 1 retroactively, which would mean this:

Alien, Aliens, Alien3, A:R.

&

Prometheus, Prometheus sequel, Alien, Aliens, Neill Blompkamp's Alien.

Sounds good to me.

I certainly hope this is not the case.  It should be:

Prom 1, Prom 2, Alien, Aliens, Blomkamp's Alien

Hopefully there will be a final installment near the end that will tie the Prometheus and Alien storyline together.  Bald headed engineers rock.  They are so much more meaningful and compelling than elephant-nosed Space Jockeys.  They raise the stakes for humanity so much higher.

Anyway, its all opinion based at this point.

Am I missing something?

Gash

I don't think any convincing rumours have connected it to Prom 2.

I think that stems from the announcement that Blomkamp's film will be shot after Prom 2 and it'll be produced by Scott Free. But that's about it so far.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gash on Mar 02, 2015, 03:29:46 AM
I don't think any convincing rumours have connected it to Prom 2.

I think that stems from the announcement that Blomkamp's film will be shot after Prom 2 and it'll be produced by Scott Free. But that's about it so far.
That might be what I was thinking of.

Perfect-Organism

I'm not sure that they need to directly link Prometheus 1 or 2 with Alien 5, but to contradict it would be beyond stupid.  Alien 3 and AR can be dropped but I would not drop the Ridley Scott film.  Partly because it's Ridley Scott, but mostly because I'm in the camp that thinks Prometheus is brilliant.  Prometheus is actually very rich in what it offers the franchise.

Nightmare Asylum

Unfortunately it's really sloppily put together, especially in the second half of the film.

And it does, in a lot of ways, thematically contradict the ideas established in Alien and expanded on in its sequels. I genuinely like a lot of the ideas that Prometheus put forward, but not so much the fact that they were tackled in this universe. Or at least, not the fact that they were tackled with the Space Jockey.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2015, 04:42:06 AM
Unfortunately it's really sloppily put together, especially in the second half of the film.

And it does, in a lot of ways, thematically contradict the ideas established in Alien and expanded on in its sequels. I genuinely like a lot of the ideas that Prometheus put forward, but not so much the fact that they were tackled in this universe. Or at least, not the fact that they were tackled with the Space Jockey.
Ditto. I said pretty much exactly the same thing in the "flow chart" thread just now.

HuDaFuK

People keep saying Prometheus 2 will link to the new film when everything Ridley has said implies Prometheus 2 will have even less to do with the Alien films than the first.

Nightmare Asylum

Has the video in this article been posted? It's my first time seeing it, at least.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=116031

HuDaFuK

QuoteThe Aliens: Colonial Marines video game came up with a reasonably plausible explanation for Hicks' survival...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: NO.

DoomRulz

As I understand it, Alienkamp is supposed to be released after Prometheus 2, and I'm starting to wonder if this will be film that bridges both franchises. Has anyone hypothesized that one of the juggernauts seen in Prometheus will act as the catalyst for Blomkamp's film?

Magegg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2015, 02:05:41 PMAs I understand it, Alienkamp is supposed to be released after Prometheus 2, and I'm starting to wonder if this will be film that bridges both franchises. Has anyone hypothesized that one of the juggernauts seen in Prometheus will act as the catalyst for Blomkamp's film?
Well, for what we've seen in concept art, the Engineer technology is prominent in this movie, I think there are good chances of a connection between the Aliens and Prometheus mythos in this movie.

What I don't want them to do is to use Prometheus 2 stuff as a plot device to retcon Alien 3 and 4... That would be just lazy.

Russ

wha? wait? wut? How  :o

Forget lazy, how do you figure?

DoomRulz

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 02, 2015, 02:24:45 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2015, 02:05:41 PMAs I understand it, Alienkamp is supposed to be released after Prometheus 2, and I'm starting to wonder if this will be film that bridges both franchises. Has anyone hypothesized that one of the juggernauts seen in Prometheus will act as the catalyst for Blomkamp's film?
Well, for what we've seen in concept art, the Engineer technology is prominent in this movie, I think there are good chances of a connection between the Aliens and Prometheus mythos in this movie.

What I don't want them to do is to use Prometheus 2 stuff as a plot device to retcon Alien 3 and 4... That would be just lazy.

A retcon like that wouldn't be possible, unless the Engineer's have time travel tech we haven't been exposed to yet.

Magegg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2015, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Mar 02, 2015, 02:24:45 PM

A retcon like that wouldn't be possible, unless the Engineer's have time travel tech we haven't been exposed to yet.
No, it can be possible, if they explain some xenomorph "secret technology" like saying xenos are digital creatures and the DNA of everyone infected by them is sent to the Engineers planet and they use it to resurrect that people or something, I mean, it would be horrible, but it can be done...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed