Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 64,986 times)

Voodoo Magic

When it as reported as unconnected to the previous movies, I truly hope it's fully unconnected, and doesn't even indicate a year or ever mention the names Weyland or Yutani. Just give me a creepy, cool, back to basics Alien horror movie! Yasssss!

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2022, 02:32:27 PM
When it as reported as unconnected to the previous movies, I truly hope it's fully unconnected, and doesn't even indicate a year or ever mention the names Weyland or Yutani. Just give me a creepy, cool, back to basics Alien horror movie! Yasssss!

Yes! Some new, poor souls in some other part of the galaxy stumble upon the worst day of their lives!

acrediblesource

interesting notion. If they can incorporate anything as devious as the life cycle or some kind of lore, I'm down.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 17, 2022, 02:32:27 PM
When it as reported as unconnected to the previous movies, I truly hope it's fully unconnected, and doesn't even indicate a year or ever mention the names Weyland or Yutani. Just give me a creepy, cool, back to basics Alien horror movie! Yasssss!

I don't think it has to be completely detached from existing lore like that, but a more back-to-basics approach is one I'm all up for. That said, also makes me kinda sad we're unlikely to see elaborate Giger-esque sets that I want to see so bad. But if the finished film is just a damn good package at the end of it all, who cares?

Kailem

Hopefully we might one day be able to work our way back up to that.

These new Alien and Predator movies/show are basically being positioned as "new beginnings" for the Disney era, starting off small with back to basics approaches, at least by all the accounts we're hearing. So hopefully if and when they're able to nail those basics and get themselves some solid foundations to move forward we might eventually get to the point where we're finally able to see that Giger-esque hive world we should have seen in something live-action by now (looking at you, Covenant!).

St_Eddie

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 18, 2022, 03:40:46 PM

These new Alien and Predator movies/show are basically being positioned as "new beginnings" for the Disney era, starting off small with back to basics approaches, at least by all the accounts we're hearing. So hopefully if and when they're able to nail those basics and get themselves some solid foundations to move forward..

The Fede Alvarez movie will be Disney's Alien equivalent to The Force Awakens; a safe regurgitation of the franchise basics.  After that we can look forward to their Alien equivalent to The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.  There's nothing to be optimistic about with The Mouse in charge.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 18, 2022, 04:47:17 PM

These new Alien and Predator movies/show are basically being positioned as "new beginnings" for the Disney era, starting off small with back to basics approaches, at least by all the accounts we're hearing. So hopefully if and when they're able to nail those basics and get themselves some solid foundations to move forward..

The Fede Alvarez movie will be Disney's Alien equivalent to The Force Awakens; a safe regurgitation of the franchise basics.  After that we can look forward to their Alien equivalent to The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.  There's nothing to be optimistic about with The Mouse in charge.

But you have a completely separate group of folks who are working on those that come from different backgrounds as opposed to JJ Abrams and company.

Although there is definitely concern, I refuse to believe the end product being any where close to the bastardized RoS.

Some Old Dude

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 18, 2022, 04:47:17 PM

I don't fully think that, the Alvarez Evil Dead movie stands on its own with the same basic premise as the Raimi original. So even if Alvarez does a barebones "space truckers bring an alien on board" movie I expect it will look and feel very different to Ridleys film. Also JJ Abrams is a very special kind of nostalgia hack.

Kimarhi

I can't say I'm excited about anything within the franchise anymore even though both Charybdis and FTE (however briefly in FTE's case) both got my fandom off of life support, but if this film is kind of a soft reboot of the original movie with new sets and designs then I'd be down.  If it is something completely new I'm also down.  Because at its best it could get a person to do nekkie helicopters and at its worst you can just forget about it. 

I've wanted to see a modernized Alien story just small scale shot with new tech for awhile now. 

Some Old Dude

Out of curiosity for some of you guys who aren't at all excited about this, what would the movie have to be for you to be glad you saw it? Lets say the movie succeeds at being a conventional "alien picks off 10 Little Indians" horror movie what more/extra/different is there you could've wanted?

Kimarhi

I want to see how much more immersive the same style of story could be told today.

I understand the people that say Alien is a perfect horror movie that doesn't need any changes or remakes.  It is my favorite movie of all time.

But l liken to wanting the same kind of thing but newer to wanting a new car.  A person doesn't always need a new car, but its nice to have one anyways. 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 25, 2022, 12:41:56 AM
But l liken to wanting the same kind of thing but newer to wanting a new car.  A person doesn't always need a new car, but its nice to have one anyways.

With the right aesthetics and script, a standalone Alien movie can be good without being a remake of the original. We've never had it, but I don't think it's impossible, is it?

skhellter

Alvarez is just Eli Roth 2.0
Just another edgelord.

the lead actress from Evil Dead and Don't Breathe had a falling out with him due to him being an asshole on set.

but the fact that Ridley picked Alvarez specifically does make me curious about his take.

SiL

Ridley probably connected with his method of torturing actors for performance.

Immortan Jonesy

Alfred Hitchcock Syndrome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed