Should the Queen be a part of the Prequel universe?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 21, 2017, 11:43:30 AM

Should Scott include the Queen Alien as part of the Xenomorph lifecycle in his next film?

Yes
No
Author
Should the Queen be a part of the Prequel universe? (Read 32,125 times)

Alionic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 31, 2018, 11:19:51 AM
Oh, I get what you're saying.  There would be an implication that the queen exists, but she would not be in the picture.  That's legitimate.

Yeah, it's called the egg chamber in the first Alien film. You Blomkamp fans need to work on your critical thinking skills.

Highland

Quote from: Alionic on Feb 02, 2018, 06:16:01 AM
Oh, I get what you're saying.  There would be an implication that the queen exists, but she would not be in the picture.  That's legitimate.

Yeah, it's called the egg chamber in the first Alien film. You Blomkamp fans need to work on your critical thinking skills.

That doesn't make sense.

SM

And the pass-ag is missing the pass.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alionic on Feb 02, 2018, 06:16:01 AM

So evidently being on a last warning about being an arse meant nothing to you.

Scorpio

I don't buy the idea that the colonists will become eggs, how could that happen?  Also, how could David create that many eggs?  And how do these eggs end up in the cargo hold of the derelict?  I want Ridley Scott to answer these questions.  A queen might be a shortcut answer, maybe the Acheron Queen was created by David and was holed up in the derelict somewhere for all that time.  It's fun to think about.

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 09:51:00 AM
I don't buy the idea that the colonists will become eggs, how could that happen?  Also, how could David create that many eggs?  And how do these eggs end up in the cargo hold of the derelict?  I want Ridley Scott to answer these questions.  A queen might be a shortcut answer, maybe the Acheron Queen was created by David and was holed up in the derelict somewhere for all that time.  It's fun to think about.

David doesn't need to create eggs, he only needs to create an alien that egg-morphs victims.

Scorpio

Maybe, but I just don't see how or why an alien would egg morph 2000 colonists.

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 02:08:07 PM
Maybe, but I just don't see how or why an alien would egg morph 2000 colonists.

Well, it wouldn't be one alien after the egg morphing begins. The original alien was supposed to be self-perpetuating before the egg laying queen was invented.

Highland

Quote from: Gash on Feb 02, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

David doesn't need to create eggs, he only needs to create an alien that egg-morphs victims.

The Derelict is too well set out with eggs sat in bay's and the blue laser covering them over. It's far too organised for egg morphing or the Queen. It looks exactly like what Scott had mentioned the first time round, a bomber waiting to drop it's pay load.

I prefer SMs ( and others) that the Engineers own the original, it's just going to be kind of hard to express that on film to the audience, although I'm sure who created the eggs is last on most non fans lists.

Gash

Quote from: Highland on Feb 02, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 02, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

The Derelict is too well set out with eggs sat in bay's and the blue laser covering them over. It's far too organised for egg morphing or the Queen. It looks exactly like what Scott had mentioned the first time round, a bomber waiting to drop it's pay load.

I prefer SMs ( and others) that the Engineers own the original, it's just going to be kind of hard to express that on film to the audience, although I'm sure who created the eggs is last on most non fans lists.

Kane mentions, in the novelisation, that the eggs are set out with a lot of wasted space that doesn't sit well with the idea of an organised cargo. This ties in with Lambert's "I wonder what happened to the rest of the crew?" and the the Dallas cocoon sequence that ties those clues together: that the crew (or passengers) are implied to have succumbed to eggmorphing, by accident or design.

SM

There's no obvious organisation to the eggs on the Derelict, other than them being in those pits and not on the ridges in between.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2018, 09:32:37 PM
There's no obvious organisation to the eggs on the Derelict, other than them being in those pits and not on the ridges in between.

They are all stored in one place. That's pretty specific. The field suggests some kind of containment.

SM

The hold they're in vast and full of eggs, but it's not like they're laid out in rows or anything.

And yes, the laser suggests containment or at least security.

Highland

I think it's heavily implied the the pilot owns the eggs. I think a queen laying eggs in the Derilict would retcon the field at a minimum. I don't mind a queen, I just don't think it should or would be responsible for putting those eggs there.

If anything I prefer the David put them there scenario.

tleilaxu

How about a queen making the eggs, and somebody picking the eggs up and moving them. I think that's the most likely scenario. The queen is superior to egg-morphing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed