Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 615,402 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

This heatwave is starting to get on my nerves.

Huggs

Huggs

Been spending too much time on the net lately due to stress. Stayed up way too late last night before I realized what had happened. I want to get this fixed before it gets out of hand and I have to work a double on no sleep. I'm thinking about taking a week away and just focusing on my work, and maybe dive into a few good books.

Wysps

Wysps

I do the same thing when I'm stressed. It's nice just feel connected to something bigger.  I find hiking is a great answer to that problem imo. Taking a decent sized camelback and heading out to a trail that is well traveled or familiar to me...it's cathartic to get all that nervous energy out through movement. A getaway sounds good. Wish I could do that  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 13, 2018, 03:14:07 PM
I do the same thing when I'm stressed. It's nice just feel connected to something bigger.  I find hiking is a great answer to that problem imo. Taking a decent sized camelback and heading out to a trail that is well traveled or familiar to me...it's cathartic to get all that nervous energy out through movement. A getaway sounds good. Wish I could do that  :laugh:

I usually just get lost in youtube late at night, which is what's happening now. Listening to music, old documentaries and tv specials, or just anything I have a fancy to see or hear at the moment. I'm not online much in the daytime, thanks to work.

I normally spend the bulk of the evenings working outside, walking, enjoying the view of the fields from my rocking chair, or fishing/shooting etc. But the heat and humidity are oppressive right now, and mother nature is constantly on the attack. The "skeeters" are driving me crazy. So I'm spending more time indoors than I usually do. Now might be a good time to crack open that copy of "Killing Patton" someone gave me recently. I always sleep well once I've read for a bit.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 13, 2018, 11:07:11 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Aug 13, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

I usually just get lost in youtube late at night, which is what's happening now. Listening to music, old documentaries and tv specials, or just anything I have a fancy to see or hear at the moment. I'm not online much in the daytime, thanks to work.

I normally spend the bulk of the evenings working outside, walking, enjoying the view of the fields from my rocking chair, or fishing/shooting etc. But the heat and humidity are oppressive right now, and mother nature is constantly on the attack. The "skeeters" are driving me crazy. So I'm spending more time indoors than I usually do. Now might be a good time to crack open that copy of "Killing Patton" someone gave me recently. I always sleep well once I've read for a bit.

I did this the other night and somehow ended up watching old 90's Sesame Street videos.  Re-discovered the Martians and have been sending "yipyipyip"s to my loved ones ever since!

But I know what you mean.  Lately it's been hard fighting the rains/humidity that we've been getting down here.  Can't get out nearly as much...thus the web surfing.  I feel you  :-\

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Heatwave passed. Thank the Engineers' gods for that.

Been thinking, like pre-planning, of going to Los Angeles at some point.
Anyone ever been there?

The Old One

The Old One

Heatwave passed and you want to go to Los Angeles?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 14, 2018, 08:27:21 AM
Heatwave passed. Thank the Engineers' gods for that.

Been thinking, like pre-planning, of going to Los Angeles at some point.
Anyone ever been there?

It'll be hot there for the next 4-6 weeks. Possibly even most of October. Plus traffic up the ass and people everywhere.

But there are some cool places to visit and your chances of seeing a celebrity greatly increase if you're into that sort of thing.

I live about 2 hours from LA but I rarely go. I have family up there though.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 14, 2018, 08:49:06 AM
Heatwave passed and you want to go to Los Angeles?

By the time I'm going, if I should go, it'll be shitty weather here again.

Quote from: MudButt on Aug 14, 2018, 04:05:25 PM
It'll be hot there for the next 4-6 weeks. Possibly even most of October. Plus traffic up the ass and people everywhere.

But there are some cool places to visit and your chances of seeing a celebrity greatly increase if you're into that sort of thing.

I live about 2 hours from LA but I rarely go. I have family up there though.

My main goal is checking out comedy clubs, combined with some shopping and a bit of touristy stuff.
Might also try visit regular places where they shot movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

New podcast episode, on John Carpenter's Creature from the Black Lagoon, is up.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 18, 2018, 04:34:16 AM

Is that another unmade movie with an unmade script?  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 18, 2018, 06:06:52 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 18, 2018, 04:34:16 AM

Is that another unmade movie with an unmade script?  ;D

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 13, 2018, 02:16:12 PM
Been spending too much time on the net lately due to stress. Stayed up way too late last night before I realized what had happened. I want to get this fixed before it gets out of hand and I have to work a double on no sleep. I'm thinking about taking a week away and just focusing on my work, and maybe dive into a few good books.

Yep I can completely relate, my sleep patterns have been wack lately. I've been trying to tone down the internet activity recently and getting back into working out. I've found (night) swimming is really therapeutic for me these days. Works got me on edge with being full time and having a long commute. Sometimes I feel like that's all I do. I've had a hard time maintaining any sort of balance with this job. Kind of hope this new job I'm applying for works out. At least it pertains to my degree more.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 22, 2018, 04:05:48 AM
Kind of hope this new job I'm applying for works out.

Best of luck.  :)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 23, 2018, 03:08:11 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 22, 2018, 04:05:48 AM
Kind of hope this new job I'm applying for works out.

Best of luck.  :)

Thank you!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed