Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,623 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 31, 2016, 12:09:19 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 30, 2016, 04:01:39 AM
Go on Wednesday and pick up #4 too!

Somebody wake up Hicks!

Sorry always wanted to say that. Whiskeybrewer where are you from that you got it this morning? It's 8 am lol.

Lol Im in the UK, popped into my local Comic shop at 11am my time. Got my copy of Issue #2 of Preadtor Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens at the same time lol

Nostromo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 31, 2016, 02:48:43 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 31, 2016, 12:09:19 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 30, 2016, 04:01:39 AM
Go on Wednesday and pick up #4 too!

Somebody wake up Hicks!

Sorry always wanted to say that. Whiskeybrewer where are you from that you got it this morning? It's 8 am lol.

Lol Im in the UK, popped into my local Comic shop at 11am my time. Got my copy of Issue #2 of Preadtor Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens at the same time lol

Haha cool, I'm still in bed I work from home Wednesdays, going to get it as soon as I get up lol. Please let me know how goes the AVP vs Judge Dredd #2 also. Will read Defiance 4 tonight.

Perfect-Organism

I haven't picked up #3 yet.  Going to read both in one sitting.  So stoked!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Just read Issue 4. Another good story. Will write a review in a few weeks to give you guys some time to catch up. I'm just going to place a nice spoiler beneath which I'm sure you will all be happy to see it, but maybe you shouldn't.

I don't think it will ruin anything, it will probably make you look more forward into reading Defiance. It's something to do with my signature lol. Here it is, I found this lying around somewhere:

Spoiler
I left out half of the next panel on purpose
[close]

Spoiler
Nice issue with good character build up. Story feels kind of short, but I guess there could only be so much dialogue between a human and a synth. Wish comics were 32 pages with no ads.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Hoping to go pick mine up later this evening!  ;D

HuDaFuK

Be grabbing mine at the weekend, really looking forward to it!

Two issues this month almost makes up for not having any last month :)

Whiskeybrewer

Read Issue #4 last night and i like the slow build of it. Its the calm before the storm really

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Aug 11, 2016, 07:35:36 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2016, 04:38:33 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 10, 2016, 04:01:00 PM
Cool, thx. Would be nice to get him on an AvP Galaxy podcast in the future. He also mentioned recently he'd like to start doing his own writing.

I messaged him a while back but he didn't reply. I think he's probably just really busy. I've not really seen him do many podcast.

Sorry about that! It's been nuts on my end for personal and profesh reasons... email me at tristan dot h dot jones at gmail dot com!

Just remembered to mention I dropped you an email, Tristan. It'll be from corporal dot hicks at avpgalaxy dot net.

Kurai

Just finished issue #4, a solid if not very action packed issue.

Spoiler

So we now know for sure that Bugs are enemy troops. I'm ok with this.

One thing I didn't like, and I felt the same way with her appearance in issue #1 to a lesser extent, was Amanda Ripley. I'm a-ok with having her in the story but I feel like they keep getting how she looks wrong. Jones was close but she didn't look right, like they got someone else and applied makeup to her to have her look like Amanda rather than it actually being Amanda. Brescini had someone totally different, almost looks closer to Nina Taylor than Amanda.

Other than that, I love the tension. If this were a movie, the scene where Davis approaches the cut in half Alien in the debris field would have had me on the edge of my seat.  :P
[close]

XenoZipper

Just read #4
Spoiler
The one thing that bothers me is believing that Zula actually survived a blast from that close of range. She should have been blasted into a few pieces so I'm having a hard time going with this story and actually caring about what's going on. Amanda seems like she was just shoehorned in & not really needed. Pretty sure Dr.Yang is going to end up being a typical corporate spy for Weyland being used as a "friendly face" for Zula. I just don't know about these new sets of comics. They're really not captivating me in the slightest like it is for all you. I'm feel no "tension" at all but then again I'm also one that didn't care much for Alien Isolation either.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 01, 2016, 05:39:48 PM
Just read #4
Spoiler
The one thing that bothers me is believing that Zula actually survived a blast from that close of range. She should have been blasted into a few pieces so I'm having a hard time going with this story and actually caring about what's going on.

It was actually 2 huge blasts, yeah that was kind of overdone. But you probably still have 1 in a 1000 chance (Probably less) of surving as the blast might go another way, but highly unlikely.

Amanda seems like she was just shoehorned in & not really needed.

I don't mind it, as it adds another good location to travel too, I just hope that's not the whole focus of the story. Plus, I'm happy to finally see some type of continuity.

Pretty sure Dr.Yang is going to end up being a typical corporate spy for Weyland being used as a "friendly face" for Zula.

That was my impression too.

I just don't know about these new sets of comics. They're really not captivating me in the slightest like it is for all you.

I can understand what your saying, but I'm staying positive and just thining issues 3 and 4 are a necessary bridge for the rest of the storyline. My only issue is how short each issue feels, I go through them in like 10 minutes I think.

I'm feel no "tension" at all but then again I'm also one that didn't care much for Alien Isolation either.
[close]

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 01, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Sep 01, 2016, 05:39:48 PM
Just read #4
Spoiler
The one thing that bothers me is believing that Zula actually survived a blast from that close of range. She should have been blasted into a few pieces so I'm having a hard time going with this story and actually caring about what's going on.

It was actually 2 huge blasts, yeah that was kind of overdone. But you probably still have 1 in a 1000 chance (Probably less) of surving as the blast might go another way, but highly unlikely.

Amanda seems like she was just shoehorned in & not really needed.

I don't mind it, as it adds another good location to travel too, I just hope that's not the whole focus of the story. Plus, I'm happy to finally see some type of continuity.

Pretty sure Dr.Yang is going to end up being a typical corporate spy for Weyland being used as a "friendly face" for Zula.

That was my impression too.

I just don't know about these new sets of comics. They're really not captivating me in the slightest like it is for all you.

I can understand what your saying, but I'm staying positive and just thining issues 3 and 4 are a necessary bridge for the rest of the storyline. My only issue is how short each issue feels, I go through them in like 10 minutes I think.

I'm feel no "tension" at all but then again I'm also one that didn't care much for Alien Isolation either.

It's difficult for me to be positive about these stories. I haven't really been liking anything Dark Horse has done with the properties since they rebooted things back in '09. I hate the shared universe between all 3 as well and see it as nothing more than a cash grab when they decided to split a story over 4 different titles (Fire & Stone anyone? Life & Death?). I'm not going to stop reading because I'm a huge Alien nut but I'm not impressed by them at all nor do I really like expressing my feelings about the stories here because of how much all the rest are just eating everything up. I don't do well with conflicting and every time I start disagreeing with someone or vice versa, I feel less & less welcome here so I don't say much anymore. Eventually I'm sure I'll stop coming here & just continue my Alien journey on my own like it's always been. I'm getting off topic now so I'll shut up.
[close]

426Buddy

You guys have my sympathies

Really though, you'll be lucky to find even 2 fans here that can agree on anything aliens or predator related. Can't put to much stock in what others here like or don't like and just share your opinions and take the responses for what they are, opinions.

XenoZipper

Yea I've noticed it's difficult to connect with anyone around here. Figured that wouldn't be the case on a site dedicated to the franchise but I've been proved wrong. I'm not terribly too interested in just the opinions though. I came here to connect with like minded fans because there's nobody in the area I live that is even into this stuff so I have nobody to geek out over it with.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 01, 2016, 07:05:52 PM
You guys have my sympathies

Really though, you'll be lucky to find even 2 fans here that can agree on anything aliens or predator related. Can't put to much stock in what others here like or don't like and just share your opinions and take the responses for what they are, opinions.

That's exactly it.  I have a great deal of respect for all the people on here simply because we share the same great taste in films.  Even the guys and gals I don't agree with have a lot of great stuff to say.  We are all united by a great passion for this series.   :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed