Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 193,610 times)

HuDaFuK

Is that not just one of the alternate heads from the ACM

426Buddy

I dunno, thought it was the praetorian, i didnt play ACM much/.

HuDaFuK

I definitely think I've seen the design before the comic.

426Buddy

Maybe, I posted it over in the alien king thread thinking it was the praetorian from Defiance, oops.

Can't find the pic from the issue.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 08, 2016, 05:36:39 PM
Is that not just one of the alternate heads from the ACM
I'm pretty sure it's one of the Spitter heads from ACM (if not the default one).

426Buddy

My mistake, don't know my A:CM very well apparently. Now i need to actually find a pic of the alien in issue 2

Corporal Hicks

If I remember rightly it was an old warm up piece Tristan posted up.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 08, 2016, 08:55:02 PMMy mistake, don't know my A:CM very well apparently.

Not to worry!

Only just noticed your new avatar, nice!

Ultramorph

It's not from Defiance (I assume), but Tristan sure does draw a mean Newborn.
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/740652151714787328

Xenomrph

Tristan's artwork is pretty great, has he done any other comics work? The way he draws the Aliens reminds me a lot of Killian Plunkett's work on 'Aliens: Labyrinth'.

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 09, 2016, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 08, 2016, 08:55:02 PMMy mistake, don't know my A:CM very well apparently.

Not to worry!

Only just noticed your new avatar, nice!

Thanks  :)

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 09, 2016, 07:00:28 PM
Tristan's artwork is pretty great, has he done any other comics work? The way he draws the Aliens reminds me a lot of Killian Plunkett's work on 'Aliens: Labyrinth'.

Nothing really worth reading. My all is going into Aliens. I wasn't given that luxury on other books. I used to write the TMNT, I wrote and drew some Ghostbusters, I worked on Silent Hill and Mad Max, now I'm here! Really want to do some Predator stuff, too.

Thanks for the Plunkett comparison, too. He's my favourite comics artist, so it comes full circle for me ;)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 08, 2016, 05:51:09 PM
I definitely think I've seen the design before the comic.

You have -- the sketch posted is teh ACM version. I didn't like how over the top the body was, or the glowy green bits, or the "pincers" so I ditched them, made it more in line with something you'd see in the films (hopefully).

Xenomrph

I've got the Silent Hill Omnibus, would that have your stuff in it?

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 09, 2016, 06:42:27 PM
It's not from Defiance (I assume), but Tristan sure does draw a mean Newborn.
https://twitter.com/tyrannojones/status/740652151714787328

OMFG, thats awesome  :o

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 10, 2016, 04:41:37 AMI didn't like how over the top the body was, or the glowy green bits, or the "pincers" so I ditched them, made it more in line with something you'd see in the films (hopefully).

I'll let you know if you succeeded after I get a better look at it in future issues ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed