DC Cinematic Universe

Started by Xenokiller, Jun 14, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Author
DC Cinematic Universe (Read 115,975 times)

ace3g

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Good, I hope they're rethinking the whole Michael Keaton thing.  It'd be an interesting one-shot in the Flash movie, but I seriously don't see the logic in replacing Batfleck with an even older version of Batman.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I fail to see how flushing $90 million down the toilet is a cost cutting measure.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Doesnt help that this required people having seen The Flash for people to get why Keaton was there

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just do Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton already, in the Returns continuity, I do not give a shit about this multiverse crap.

T Dog

T Dog

Has a project of this budget ever been canned before? They've shot the movie, it's in post, they have spent $90 million on it already.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe it was just terrible and WB decided they can't afford another bomb in the DCEU.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

From the looks of it, they did it for a tax credit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 03, 2022, 06:02:35 PMFrom the looks of it, they did it for a tax credit.
Can you elaborate on that?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: T Dog on Aug 03, 2022, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 03, 2022, 06:02:35 PMFrom the looks of it, they did it for a tax credit.

"Reportedly, Zaslav has strategically decided to "shelve" Batgirl for a tax write-down, call its budget a dead loss to reduce the company's tax liability, and by that token enhance profits generally – a strategy that of course will be bolstered by this spectacular and much-publicised failure. "

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/aug/03/tax-concerns-axed-batgirl-but-studios-will-suffer-if-they-become-too-cynical

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Watching Campea's video, it sounds like WB is finally exercising some quality control.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 03, 2022, 06:42:18 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Aug 03, 2022, 06:27:51 PM

"Reportedly, Zaslav has strategically decided to "shelve" Batgirl for a tax write-down, call its budget a dead loss to reduce the company's tax liability, and by that token enhance profits generally – a strategy that of course will be bolstered by this spectacular and much-publicised failure. "

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/aug/03/tax-concerns-axed-batgirl-but-studios-will-suffer-if-they-become-too-cynical

Interesting, I read a couple more articles and they've pulled 6 movies from HBO Max as well that they can use to write off tax against other expenses. Seemingly they are doing this as a cost saving measure that needs to amount to $3 billion!

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

im so happy this would be bad anyway so thank god
hopefully flash is next
lets start over
do this right WB!!

Magegg

Magegg

I'd like DC to just create a single cinematic universe which is also really good.

I'm glad Batgirl was cancelled since I wasn't even interested in that. Also, having three Batmen (Affleck, Keaton and Pattinson; four if you count the version of Titans) was kind of stupid.

Just give me back Batfleck, please, and try to fix the DCEU. There was just a lot of crap around in TV and movies (like, Pennyworth, the Flash shows, Titans, etc) to keep me as invested into DC as I am with Marvel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed