Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,818 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: overthere on Nov 11, 2015, 12:57:15 PM
If they start working on this movie soon, we might get to see the new Predator movie by the end of next year.
I think early 2017(anniversary of Predator)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Very unlikely. Isn't that when Paradise Lost is supposed to be out? They wouldn't drop both at the same time.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 11, 2015, 04:13:37 PM
Very unlikely. Isn't that when Paradise Lost is supposed to be out? They wouldn't drop both at the same time.
True but still would like to come out that time.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I would expect filming to begin somewhere mid to late 2016 and release somewhere between early to mid 2017.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 11, 2015, 04:34:33 PM
I would expect filming to begin somewhere mid to late 2016 and release somewhere between early to mid 2017.
Could actually be true.

I expect them to finish the script around January/February, then shooting it in the summer for a summer 2017 release. Usually it takes a year for these movies to get finished, including principal photography.

But who knows, it has been really quiet as of late, Shane Black is even on the list to possibly direct Gambit, which is also Fox... and Neill Blomkamp texting Predator quotes on instagram just before his Alien gets officially "delayed" is kinda... strange.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 12, 2015, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 11, 2015, 04:34:33 PM
Could actually be true.

I expect them to finish the script around January/February, then shooting it in the summer for a summer 2017 release. Usually it takes a year for these movies to get finished, including principal photography.

But who knows, it has been really quiet as of late, Shane Black is even on the list to possibly direct Gambit, which is also Fox... and Neill Blomkamp texting Predator quotes on instagram just before his Alien gets officially "delayed" is kinda... strange.

I think Blomkamp can do a decent Predator film.

But knowing him... he'll probably bring back Blain Cooper.

"But Blain's dead" you say, well he ain't got time to die man.  :laugh:

overthere

overthere

They've been working on the script for quite some time now. It's not far fetched to assume they're close to finishing it. If so, the rest can be done in a year so a 2016. release is possible.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: overthere on Nov 12, 2015, 03:28:22 PM
They've been working on the script for quite some time now. It's not far fetched to assume they're close to finishing it. If so, the rest can be done in a year so a 2016. release is possible.
Possible, yes, but very unlikely, even from a business side of view it doesnt make sense to bring it out next year.

In 2017 they can market it to the fans with the original having its 30th anniversary, plus there will be a new 4K Blu-Ray coming of the original, with the Shane Black movie in the cinemas at the same time people will buy the original for the 100th time, they always do that... and it works.

But of course, i could be all wrong.

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't expect to see it next year. It's too short a period for production. As Johnny says, it'd make more sense to try and release for the 30th anniversary. Considering we haven't actually heard much about this yet though, I wouldn't expect it to start being filmed until mid-2016.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
I wouldn't expect to see it next year. It's too short a period for production. As Johnny says, it'd make more sense to try and release for the 30th anniversary. Considering we haven't actually heard much about this yet though, I wouldn't expect it to start being filmed until mid-2016.
Guess everyone is at 2017 then.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 12, 2015, 03:37:22 PMIn 2017 they can market it to the fans with the original having its 30th anniversary, plus there will be a new 4K Blu-Ray coming of the original, with the Shane Black movie in the cinemas at the same time people will buy the original for the 100th time, they always do that... and it works.

To be honest, if the only thing that comes out of Black's new movie is a decent Blu-ray transfer of the first, I'd be happy.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2015, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 12, 2015, 03:37:22 PMIn 2017 they can market it to the fans with the original having its 30th anniversary, plus there will be a new 4K Blu-Ray coming of the original, with the Shane Black movie in the cinemas at the same time people will buy the original for the 100th time, they always do that... and it works.

To be honest, if the only thing that comes out of Black's new movie is a decent Blu-ray transfer of the first, I'd be happy.
Wouldn't mind buying it later(can watch stuff on the internet)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 12, 2015, 04:15:21 PM

I don't remember it being bad.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've never seen either myself, but both Predator Blu-ray versions are supposed to be pretty crap for different reasons, the first because it has literally no extras, the second because they screwed the image with DNR.

Version 1.

Version 2.

Corporal Hicks

Nah - there was nothing wrong with the Hunter version as far as I recall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed