Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 194,806 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm thinking a female predator could be designed to be distinctly feminine, but more subtly than tacking on boobs. Think along the lines of Tigress from Kung Fu Panda:

worldpeace

worldpeace

exactly what i was thinking . lions have a mane. lioness is sleek and trim. she does the hunting .
this thread has become sexist . long ago. in my head i see a non ridiculous female predator.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 23, 2014, 10:21:21 AM
I'm thinking a female predator could be designed to be distinctly feminine, but more subtly than tacking on boobs. Think along the lines of Tigress from Kung Fu Panda:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/feb3ea7a83b0e63dccf3f8f785619e66/tumblr_mlvobgTaLH1s9p59mo1_500.gif

Topazora

Topazora

I totally see where you're going with this.  Smaller, slimmer, maybe longer (more ornamented) dread locks, would work to get the idea across that its a girl predator, if they feel that the breast idea wouldn't work.
Though, if they do decide to go with a female predator, then I hope they'll finally have a female protagonist that takes on the predator and wins- something I've yet to see in even the comics books, with the exception of a few AvP when Machiko betrays the predators.  That's AvP, the Predator series have yet to entertain the idea of a woman taking down a predator.  And personally, I think we're due for that.

worldpeace

worldpeace

i wonder if the gender of the actor in the predator costume would change accordingly ?
ian could play a female predator i think ? casting a woman for a female predator would be new . maybe someone built more  like the  guy who was cast as the alien in alien .
long thin limbs and tall. thinner dreds

Topazora

Topazora

depends on how big they would want her to be and how big the other actors are that are playing predators.  A woman can definitely work in a predator costume, plenty of tall slender women out there.  But it would depend on the design of the costume.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Why should they even be feminine? Those things are aliens. ~90% of female animals don't look feminine.

Topazora

Topazora

Why is it so offensive that the predator have human feminine qualities?  I get you don't want victoria's secret, but even if we only gave them the figure of an athletic woman, you guys would freak out.  What's the big deal?

TBH, I really don't care if they bring in a female predator or how they bring her in.  I'm just really curious as to why there is such hostility towards the idea.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: Sagittarius on Dec 24, 2014, 01:25:54 AM
Why is it so offensive that the predator have human feminine qualities?  I get you don't want victoria's secret, but even if we only gave them the figure of an athletic woman, you guys would freak out.  What's the big deal?

TBH, I really don't care if they bring in a female predator or how they bring her in.  I'm just really curious as to why there is such hostility towards the idea.

I agree. The predators we've seen look masculine. Why wouldn't she preds looks feminine?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Sagittarius on Dec 24, 2014, 01:25:54 AM

I've noticed extreme vitriol towards the idea of a female Predator. But personally, I could careless if we wind up with a male or female.. My only concern is the treatment of the creature itself, and the culture as well assuming we see more of it. Personally, I think we've seen enough of Predator culture. I'd rather not see how Predator politics are done. I'd also rather see a departure from the direction PREDATORS went in. No Preserve Planets, no Super Predators.

However.. if we do see a female, maybe we can see how the culture differs for them then the Hunter's we've seen. The old EU mentions that female Hunters are far and few, and when they do hunt.. it's not necessarily for honor but rather more for shits and giggles, and to prove their own worth to rival females. So, if a female Hunter is shown, it'd be a new aspect of the culture shown.

Tarak'ha

Tarak'ha

No matter what happens, I just want everyone to know that there's this awesome popcorn cake recipe in case they need to Alanis-ironically snack on something suitable for wank when this new movie comes out.

Oh, wait.  What?  Female Predators?  Alrighty.  Since I'm already in this thread and all.

Predators are bipedal.  Since they stand in the exact way that a Human does, it is safe to assume they have identical pelvic design. Hence, at the very least, their hips are going to be that stereotypical 'child bearing' shape.  That is a true given.  Without wider hips, a fetus' crown cannot pass out the birth canal without causing bodily trauma for the mother.  Recent studies make this clear that as Humans,our mother's womb baking time is for the brain ONLY.  This is why a fetus looks so well...fetal, when it is born, versus other animals who have rather well-developed newborns and can walk in a few hours time with the adults.  But the Human baby when it pops has got a very well-developed brain.

Which leads into breasts.  Because so much of the mother's own bodily resources are used for the fetus, things such as yolks to feed the fetus are impossible.  Yolk can only contain so much metabolic nutrients for the fetus.  The mother, when birthing an egg, would have to pop out a very large fetus-sized egg that -also- contained the yolk to feed the fetus while it continues to grow.  This is, to me, not viable for a sentient, large-brain-cased species.  This is also a good nudge in the direction that Predators are warm blooded too.  A human-sized brain needs a body that can develop its own body heat.  Otherwise, it could not advance itself into abstract thought and problem solving, such core tenets to signal true intelligence.

However, it has been pointed out that perhaps Predators on-screen have not shown things like belly buttons and nipples.  I chalk that up to garbage movie science.  Especially for the first movie, which I doubt the likes the Stan Winston and James Cameron going apeshit about their creature FX suit to have nips and an innie.  Especially since the Predator concept itself was a bit rushed considering Van Damme threw a tantrum in his red lobster suit.  The actual core Predator concept was sketched on a plane trip to the studio.  I would like to think they had more pressing matters.

So yes.  Honestly, with what movies are out now, IF a female Predator ever was shown then Fox and co can either do their science homework or just do anything they want because they said so and it's their property.  Or, you know, "it's science fiction!  Anything can happen!"  And seeing the state of the Predator property AND the fandom, that kind of lazy thinking gets none of us anywhere.

However, it doesn't mean a Predator fem needs to rival the likes of Nicki Minaj's buns.  With the right sexual dimorphic height coupled with broad hips AND a bit-wider shoulders to compensate, it won't look like a parody or a reason to pin tits on chest.  As for the actual breasts...who says they have to be in fabulous funbag size 24/7?  If anything, I can see them being mosquito bites until they are ready to give birth.  That way they have milk ready for their newborn.  When the child is grown enough, then it's last call on the milk tap and they then become afterthoughts and more like male pectorals.

happypred

happypred

I like Queen Aliens, I like male Blooded Hunters

I grew up with AvP Prey. Everyone has his or her personal taste

Tarak'ha

Tarak'ha

Quote from: happypred on Dec 24, 2014, 06:58:36 AM

I grew up with AvP Prey. Everyone has his or her personal taste

I did too but I thought using the extended canon in the movie board was verboten.

Corporal Hicks

It's not dislike towards the notion of a female Predator. It's a dislike of the notion of her being designed with human female qualities in mind. Just to clarify.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Sagittarius on Dec 24, 2014, 01:25:54 AMWhy is it so offensive that the predator have human feminine qualities?  I get you don't want victoria's secret, but even if we only gave them the figure of an athletic woman, you guys would freak out.  What's the big deal?

I just think it's a ridiculously cheap, fanboy way of doing it when there are far more interesting possibilities.

Tarak'ha

Tarak'ha

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 24, 2014, 08:35:44 AM
It's not dislike towards the notion of a female Predator. It's a dislike of the notion of her being designed with human female qualities in mind. Just to clarify.

Considering things such as breasts and hips as "Human" leads to a very narrow mindset.  Other animals have similar structures.  We all have eyes, feet with toes and arms with digits.  Some marine mammals still have some of their pevic bones as an evolutionary throwback (like how we Humans have a seemingly-useless appendix flap of whatever dangling from our colon that probably thousands of years ago might have had a purpose).

If Humans did not exist but instead another mammal rose to the top with the same bipedal format, do you think perhaps it might be more similar than you realize?  Sure, maybe a Dog might have multiple breasts, or a Cow has udders, ect.  Things like wide hips and mammaries are integral for warm-blooded, highly intelligent, bipedal creatures. 

You could say that "hey, this is Earth, this is just Earth".  That is indeed true.  But we aren't making a new species from scratch.  The first movie showed a bipedal creature with four extremities, a trunk and a head.

I'd also have to claim Occam's Razor.  If a rock-based planet has large bodies of water and reasonable gravitational pull (ie, a good clone of Earth), there's a single chance the life that evolves would be similar.  Same blueprints, but whoever has those blueprints can deck out the place in Bohemian or French Country.  Yet the underlying structure is the same.  All the bacteria and basic building blocks of life are universal.  It takes some water, heat and a stray comet with a bit of lucky microbes to get the party started.

Convergent evolution speaks of this to explain further.

If you're seriously worried that Fox turns it into a laughable cop-out to get the lowest common denominator to buy theater tickets, then your worries are not unfounded.  James Cameron even admitted he created the Na'vi in a way so they were obviously alien, but to also have sex appeal for the audience to sympathize and gain some sort of attachment.  I personally think it could be done tastefully.  Only if the writer and effects studio has some creative prowess to think outside the box.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed