Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,673 times)

locusta

Quote from: dandan on Feb 05, 2011, 01:30:32 PM
so does anyone have any updates on the alien colonial marines game ?

Yep, but it´s called now "Prometheus: The Game"   ;D ;D ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I want a Prometheus plushie.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Feb 04, 2011, 10:00:41 PM
but the alien IS worn out.
No no no. Mediocre to bad writers and directors let you think so. And now an unenthusiastic Scott, too.  ;)

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 05, 2011, 01:39:58 AM
Starting with Alien³, as far as I'm concerned. Aliens is great.

BOOOOOOO.           ;D
Fox did their best to mess Alien³ up, but Fincher gave us a fine trilogy. All the misery began with Resurrection.

Gash

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 05, 2011, 01:39:58 AM
Starting with Alien³, as far as I'm concerned. Aliens is great.

Kinda sad you overlooked Blade Runner in your big rant up there, but hey.

I'd hope it wasn't really a rant. i admit I got the wrong end of the stick for which I apologise but having seen a lot of anti Scott mania in the last few weeks I leapt to his (supposed) defence. Whether Prometheus is Alien or not I have every confidence that it will be a worthwhile film. If it is an alien film sans the actual familiar alien, I think that Scott might well be right to create something new to disassociate it with AvP and an over familiar design that no longer has the impact it once had. Scott and his team created something really special in 1979, the design then was unique, and whilst essentially the design is still cool, the films that have followed have basically done everything they can with it and it is now just a (classic) movie monster: each later film worsening the design and making it look more like Scott's fear of a 'man in a rubber suit' than ever.

I'm sure Scott isn't interested in perpetuating that, he can see more possibilities. And that I think is his right. But this may be why Fox are reluctant to promote it as an Alien prequel, even though recent rumours suggest it's still very likely to be one.

Federick Gonsa

Alien Resurrection was a fine movie. I dismiss the haters.

dandan

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Feb 05, 2011, 06:00:48 PM
i agree with you to be honest resurrection was a good movie i fought i just no why people would hate on it

eyesofthedemon

Maybe on its own,but not as an Alien movie,just my opinion of course

locusta

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Feb 05, 2011, 07:29:46 PM

Maybe on its own,but not as an Alien movie,just my opinion of course

Yep, that´s it. Would have been a nice stand alone movie, but concerning canon and the whole franchise itself= FAIL!

ThisBethesdaSea

A Fine movie?

I'm sorry, but 'fine' doesn't cut it in my book. Fine insinuates 'luke warm' of which does not belong in any alien film.

AR recycled the same tired formula.

1. Aliens loose on ship
2. Father [as opposed to the brilliant idea of calling the computer 'mother]
3. Running from point A. to point B.
4. Final Countdown before the ship blows up
5. Some one is a robot but no one knows until over half way through
6. a chestburster sequence
7. an alien being sucked out into space
8. Military presence [ALIENS]
9. Call as the Newt [little girl] character

AR was ripe with mediocrity with a few intense and psychologically freaky scenes. I reject it entirely. As much as I love the character of Ripley, Sigourney Weaver wouldn't know a good story if it bit her in the ass. I'm a huge Jean Pierre Jeunet fan, but the tone of the film was a bit to comical for me, especially for a series that began with deep, and intense, serious sci-fi.

But hey, that's just me.

Master

I also like A:R allot. To be honest when I was much younger I found it to be most scary after Alien (mostly because clone room scene).

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 05, 2011, 09:53:56 PM
A Fine movie?

I'm sorry, but 'fine' doesn't cut it in my book. Fine insinuates 'luke warm' of which does not belong in any alien film.

AR recycled the same tired formula.

1. Aliens loose on ship
2. Father [as opposed to the brilliant idea of calling the computer 'mother]
3. Running from point A. to point B.
4. Final Countdown before the ship blows up
5. Some one is a robot but no one knows until over half way through
6. a chestburster sequence
7. an alien being sucked out into space
8. Military presence [ALIENS]
9. Call as the Newt [little girl] character

AR was ripe with mediocrity with a few intense and psychologically freaky scenes. I reject it entirely. As much as I love the character of Ripley, Sigourney Weaver wouldn't know a good story if it bit her in the ass. I'm a huge Jean Pierre Jeunet fan, but the tone of the film was a bit to comical for me, especially for a series that began with deep, and intense, serious sci-fi.

But hey, that's just me.

You are aware that Aliens copied the Alien formula as well? I wrote about it in a thread called the Alien Formula. If you are going to dismiss A:R because of the recycled formula, you should also dismiss Aliens as well.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=29136.0

If you read on, you will see that many forum members added more as well.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

YES.

ALIENS used a good bit of the formula from ALIEN. The difference is.........it was done well, and was still somewhat fresh at the time.

*addendum*  ALIENS used elements of the formula from ALIEN, not a direct plot lift.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

So Alien resurrections problem was that it waited until 1997? had it been done sooner it would have been fresh? And why was it done right on Aliens and not in Alien:R? Both Aliens and Alien R were different enough from all the other movies that copy the formula. The Robot, The traitor character, the explosion at the end, the surviving alien gets in the ship for a surprise comback... you find that in 3 of the Alien Movies, plus many more.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The reason ALIENS or [James Cameron] got it right and ALIEN RESURRECTION [JPJ] didn't? That's the big question isn't it.

There's a reason that most of the fans love ALIENS the most and disregard AR as the abortion of the series. I think both films speak for themselves in terms of the quality of the writing, acting, etc...

It's like saying *I loved this dish at this other restaurant and hate it here* Better cooks, better ingredients, better results.

nuff said.

Federick Gonsa

I liked A:R more than Aliens actually, It is my favorite of the series, Aliens being third. I am convinced that I am not the only one who thinks like that. But whatever. It's difference of opinion between us, no sense in agreeing or disagreeing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed