Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 82,126 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2017, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on Oct 21, 2017, 08:07:05 PMis there any blu ray or dvd where the lightning/colors are fixed ?

The only talk I've ever heard of improved colour grading was with regards to a digital version of the film. I can't remember if it was the digital copy that comes with home video or the rental version, but I vaguely recall someone mentioning that one of those had a brighter picture.

alright thanks for answering ! :)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 13, 2017, 02:44:27 PM
I wouldn't say that it improved with age, but i always found it entertaining though being a terrible movie.

Wolf was cool and elegant but the aliens were canon fodder for him that's obvious.

To me, Requiem has more rewatch value than, say, Alien 3...though the latter is superior filmmaking

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

In 20 years avpr will be rated higher than AlienĀ³.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I seriously doubt that.

Alien 3, for all its flaws, does contain some genuine critical merit.

AVPR is a shitshow.

Russ

Russ

That's true.

But does this:

Quote from: happypred on Oct 24, 2017, 02:13:23 AM
To me, Requiem has more rewatch value than, say, Alien 3...though the latter is superior filmmaking

Actually have some merit? I mean  AvPR is bad (I can't believe I spent so much time defending it)... really bad...

But... there's a part of me that accepts the word of HappyPred. Which makes feel a little bit queasy as AvPR really is shit... but I can't help but feel I'd watch it more than A3.

https://media.giphy.com/media/b93MGBJuQKoAo/200.gif

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I wouldn't agree, but it's his opinion, so fair enough.

It was rabbit's assertion that Requiem will be remembered more fondly by history than Alien 3 that I really can't support.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I cant see AvPR ever being considered better than A3.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 24, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
AVPR is a shitshow.

False. AVPR is an exploitation film.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 24, 2017, 02:58:05 PM
I wouldn't agree, but it's his opinion, so fair enough.

It was rabbit's assertion that Requiem will be remembered more fondly by history than Alien 3 that I really can't support.

I couldn't agree either. Both are messes in certain ways but Alien 3 has some genuine greatness in it and it's got a good story in it's own making that makes it of more interest, I think.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Alionic on Oct 25, 2017, 11:24:26 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 24, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
AVPR is a shitshow.

False. AVPR is an exploitation film.  ;D

Can't we just agree on it being a shit exploitation film.

Alionic

Alionic

The difference between shit films and exploitation films is the latter knows they are shit films.

Russ

Russ

I was joking *lol*

I don't agree though... the Bros set out to make something really good. They honestly did... they failed utterly, but their hearts were in the right place. We know they wanted to do space marines until that was shot down.

I don't remember (and I stand to be corrected) that they've 'fessed up to making an exploitation flick (it's been a while since I've done commentary / features on the blu-ray).

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

One of the biggest hurdles was the "egg barfing." If they are going to go with "egg barfing," there is a faster way to the womb.

SM

SM

Quite.

And I think you've just found a way to make AvP:R worse.  No mean feat.  ;D

happypred

happypred

Alien 3 is definitely a better film than AvP Requiem. I just get more light-hearted entertainment out of Requiem.

I'm a big fan of Wolf's design (with his mask) and I appreciate that the Bros tried to portray him as an elite hunter, despite their flawed execution. Also...some scenes are unintentionally hilarious, and I get a kick out of those.

I find Predator 2 more re-watchable than Aliens...and of course,  the latter has more critical merit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed