Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 421,179 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Multi-player ruined playing co-op with my bro. I think that's where my hatred for multi-player lies. BUt yeah, I do not understand why EA is saying this kind of bs.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

You know how many times I've played through ME? 6 at least, probably more. And the gameplay in the first isn't even that good, but the story is so interesting that it makes it worth it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm on my sixth playthrough currently.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2010, 08:42:02 PM
You know how many times I've played through ME? 6 at least, probably more. And the gameplay in the first isn't even that good, but the story is so interesting that it makes it worth it.
Really? Everyone I talked to like the ratio between action and rpg.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Yeah i completed Mass Effect like four or five times but that was mainly just so i could get a level 60 character and import it into my Mass Effect 2 game, but played through it again so i couldnt f**k up a relationship with Miranda in Mass Effect 3 because i shagged Ashley in ME1 lol  ;) :D ;D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Which one of the two do most of you guys prefer? I am just wondering of what I have played I have always liked the second one more because it is less rpg and I have never really liked rpgs that much to many variables. But I have hardly anything to go on so I was just wondering.

Vakarian

Vakarian

When i first got my 360 Mass Effect came with it, i attempted to play it a few times and got bored of it,i was in the whole "COD 4" phase, but then one day i sat my ass down got past the first level, saw the utterly EPIC world of the Citadel, the story, the visuals, the absolute perfectionism of the voice acting and everything else got me attatched to the game. When i got a hold of the Normandy and i had finnaly created my perfect Shepard that didn´t look like an Ass then i was so happy, i think the last time i checked my save game on ME1 it was on about 32 hours.

Then Came The Grandaddy of...Mass effect 2. I´ll never forget the sheer epicness of getting this game the night before it came out, i was just back from a 3D screening of Avatar and i came home and watched some South Park and my brother said he was away out to go get some milk from the shop and he came back and told me to go get a beer from the fridge, i opened it up and saw my Mass Effect 2 copy sitting there, the feeling was great, unrapping that selophane cover was amaizing.

I Played through Mass Effect 2 about rougly 6 or 7 times to date, ive got every single achievement for the game (DLC included) I loved the Dark side of Mass Effect 2, the normandy getting blamod at the start was amaizing. Seeing Garrus back as a badass was truly BadAss!

The ending for me was just truly "Edge of your seat" for me, i spent ages getting every possible upgrade, every loyalty for my ship and crew, and when i saw Miranda and Garrus laying on the ground after defeating the Human Reaper and they weren´t moving i was litterly like "COME ON!!" "GET UP""!!. and when i told the Illusive man to go f**k himself and blew up the collector base and barely escaping that HUGE explosion, i was littelrly in awe´

The sheer amount of detail and passion in this series makes me marvel at the true quality that gaming has come from since the days of "Monkey Island" or "DOOM".

Never Before have i felt so emotionally attatched to my character or characters found in any video game EVER!

Im trying not to sound like a complete gaming geek or fanboy, i have a girlfriend, a job, and im still doing my Highers in school, but those games were really really amaizing.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Dec 21, 2010, 08:51:10 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2010, 08:42:02 PM
Really? Everyone I talked to like the ratio between action and rpg.

The gunplay is boring, there is no feeling to it. And the inventory management is clunky as hell, having to keep reducing shit to omnigel is an effort in patience.

ME2 fixed all this, but it also blew some of the things ME1 did better. I detest the load screens, if I have to wait for something to load, at least let me stay immersed in the world.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Dec 21, 2010, 10:54:28 PM
Which one of the two do most of you guys prefer? I am just wondering of what I have played I have always liked the second one more because it is less rpg and I have never really liked rpgs that much to many variables. But I have hardly anything to go on so I was just wondering.

Personally, I prefer the first game. I find the story to be much better (although the second's is still great), and I just found myself much more immersed in the universe that they had created.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm on my 5th playthrough of Mass Effect 1 right now (finally trying out new classes on new Shepards instead of concentrating on my single one), and I'm given a new appreciation for the gameplay improvements in Mass Effect 2. This almost seems painful, gameplay wise, but it's worth it for the story development.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 22, 2010, 09:28:52 AM
I'm on my 5th playthrough of Mass Effect 1 right now (finally trying out new classes on new Shepards instead of concentrating on my single one, and I'm given a new appreciation for the gameplay improvements in Mass Effect 2. This almost seems painful, gameplay wise, but it's worth it for the story development.

So much this.

Prime113

Prime113

f**k YEAH!!!!!!! I'm so f**king ready for ME3! I was so pumped after the ending of ME2. It had a freakin epic ending.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so pumped.

And it's only a year away too. I was expecting a 2012 release date. I hope they don't pull a Gears 3 (D-bags) and push it back for MONEY.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

The wait is killing me guys. It seriously is. I need this game.

Mass Effect is like my crack right now.

Hell i just have two fricken achievements left on ME 2.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I'm expecting it to get pushed back. Nearly every big game does.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

If it does, I won't cry about it. A January 2012 release wouldn't be so bad (assuming that would be the target as it was with ME2).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed