Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 421,324 times)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 08:16:22 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 08:12:16 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 07:59:32 PM
And, SpaceSweeper, please, don't try and turn this racial. It's not. If it was a dumb white hick Prothean, I would be upset. If it was really any accent that sticks out, it would come off as unreal and I would be upset.
I... wasn't aware I was turning into a racial thing... uhhh...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zm9BB0bekgw/Tw4oVej03TI/AAAAAAAAAms/EaK-LqQK-Xs/s1600/Carl-Winslow-Shocked-Gif.gif

You kept mentioning Israelis in space, and that they "got away" with that. To me, that sounded like you were trying to make it racial.

I think Sweeps was referring to how the Quarians sound Israeli and nobody complained.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 23, 2012, 08:20:26 PM
And, SpaceSweeper, please, don't try and turn this racial. It's not. If it was a dumb white hick Prothean, I would be upset. If it was really any accent that sticks out, it would come off as unreal and I would be upset.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zm9BB0bekgw/Tw4oVej03TI/AAAAAAAAAms/EaK-LqQK-Xs/s1600/Carl-Winslow-Shocked-Gif.gif

You kept mentioning Israelis in space, and that they "got away" with that. To me, that sounded like you were trying to make it racial.

I think Sweeps was referring to how the Quarians sound Israeli and nobody complained.

Yes, that's what I mean.

Israeli accents don't stick out and sound absurd. But, a Jamaican one, if it was indeed that, would be. And, that's why people are complaining. Not because it is a black man voicing it.

Look at Anderson and Ashley(She is voiced by a black woman). 

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

What? That wasn't supposed to have a racial undertone, it was saying that the Space Israelis (Quarians, needless to say), managed to avoid any criticism for having Israeli accents. This doesn't have anything to do with preference of race, it's the notability of the accents... and the irony that everybody wrongly notes it as Jamaican. Mon.

Precisely.

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 08:23:12 PM
Yes, that's what I mean.

Israeli accents don't stick out and sound absurd. But, a Jamaican one, if it was indeed that, would be. And, that's why people are complaining. Not because it is a black man voicing it.

Yes, if he was using Jamaican lingo, it'd quite absurd. But he's not, and it's not even the same accent, so we can all drop it.

And again, for the second time, I wasn't alluding at all to who was voicing him.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Yes, that's what I mean.

Well I can't speak for Sweeps but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with accents. It's the fact that nobody cared about the accents of the Quarians, yet everyone seems hung up on the Prothean accent.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 23, 2012, 08:28:46 PM
Well I can't speak for Sweeps but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with accents. It's the fact that nobody cared about the accents of the Quarians, yet everyone seems hung up on the Prothean accent.

Prime113

Prime113

It's all about absurdity. The Quarians having Israeli accents wouldn't be absurd. They could have Western African, Brazilian, Russian etc. as long as it didn't sound absurd or over the top.

Yes, I will admit, when I hear people say Jamaican accent, I go to the stereotype. And, I do apologize. BUT, since it is not like that, I will be dropping it. I'm sure it will sound fine, and I won't even be able to have the f**kin' character for a couple months after release anyways....Then Ill do more bitching about the character :laugh:

Sorry.

EDIT: Protheans have more to do with the story than most races in the Mass Effect series. That's why people are getting hung up on it. They were suppose to be a grand civilization...then, when they do finally introduce a speaking Prothean, people think it's gonna speak like the Jamaicans from Predator 2.

There, now I'm done.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Don't worry 'bout it, just a misunderstanding.

[Insert constantly resetting montage of manhugging at various speeds]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

Cool. I don't won't the bromantic evening that You, First Blood, Mudbutt and myself have planned ruined over this. Simply not worth it in the least bit.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 23, 2012, 08:34:25 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

Cool. I don't won't the bromantic evening that You, First Blood, Mudbutt and myself have planned over this. Simply not worth it in the least bit.

You need to let me in on some ME3 bromance once the games released...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

What's your gamertag (if you're on Xbox, that is)?

Prime113

Prime113

Yeah, we're gonna need a coolbreeze to cool us down.... ;D It's gonna get hot in there.

Space Sweeper

Prime113

Prime113

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 23, 2012, 08:49:20 PM
What's your gamertag (if you're on Xbox, that is)?

Up The Rebel14

Vakarian

Vakarian

I am not familiar with this hotness...

However if it involves sexual shennanigans in which my clothes are missing and I wake up in a field in the middle of nowhere with no recollection of the previous night...

Count me in  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed