Your thoughts on Drugs?

Started by daywalker, Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

Author
Your thoughts on Drugs? (Read 49,319 times)

Pux Almighty

Pux Almighty

I just can't say no to my beloved Mary Jane. And in a month or so, it's open season for shrooms! Goody!

Other than that, no thank you. I don't even drink coffee. Used to be a tobacco smoker, but I quit more than a year ago and when it comes to alcohol, I prefer only beer now.

Also, legalize that shit! It's hypocritical as f**k when our governments sell booze and tobacco, yet ban everything else.

The war on drugs is pointless and does far more damage than drugs themselves.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

I'm quite the mary jane aficionado. I also take a liking to various hallucinogens such as psychedelic fungi and the occasional blotter trip. Question is does the fact that I smoke a government banned "drug" make me a scumbag/low-life? I mean I do get stuff accomplished and other than making me not want to perform physical exercise. I'm still able to function quite normally.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 30, 2011, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: daywalker on Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM
Just wondering whats your thoughts on drugs?

Just say no, man! Drugs will only give you a temporary satisfaction but the shame will last a lot longer.  Play some sports.  I know, get into Wingsuit Base Jumping.  Probably one of the coolest things a human can do!

Right on!  Haven't tried the wingsuit yet  but skydiving is a real high (no pun intended).   Try opening the throttle on a sportbike or jumping out of an airplane for a real rush.  Why would anyone want to mess up their brain and waste their time like that like?  No thanks.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Alienseseses on Aug 30, 2011, 02:33:49 PM
I'm not a fan of drugs at all. The idea of something addictive that screws you over kind of creeps me out. Maybe you can do it in moderation, but will you? I don't know, I don't like leaving this kind of thing to chance.
Yes. I know harder drinkers than I know hard drug users, and I know a lot of drug users.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA#

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Love 'em.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never used drugs and don't plan too. My Dad took them and almost got killed back in 1997, he barely made it out alive. Since then, I never wanted to use them.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 30, 2011, 06:38:14 PM
I never used drugs and don't plan too. My Dad took them and almost got killed back in 1997, he barely made it out alive. Since then, I never wanted to use them.

Oh yeah "them".
you never want to take that one. Almost as deadly as weed.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Never used drugs personally, other than alcohol, so I can't comment from experience.

However, the prohibition against drugs now is just as ineffective as the one against alcohol back in the '20s. All it does is make the substances more dangerous to use, as there are no safety regulations that must be met, and gives money and power to criminals. In fact, the US War on Drugs is undermining their War on Terror. If heroin were legal, then the poppies required would be grown in Europe or North America. But, as it is, they are grown in Afghanistan, and are the main source of income for the Taliban.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Weekly Marie Jane user here.
It's pretty useful for The Creation Process (art) and to put stress away.
Among every drug I've used I have to say:
The worse drugs I've tried are alcohol and cigarette since I'm addicted to cigarette and my kidney do not appreciate alcohol at all like everyone's kidney. Weed is definitely the least dangerous I've tried.

If you haven't watch The Union, do it: The Union

Valaquen

Valaquen

Had some bad times on booze [kills and injuries more people than all the illegal drugs combined], great times on drugs.

I remember being in work and talking to the girl next to me, who still looked wrecked from the night before. She told me she lost her phone, couldn't remember half the night, spent all her money - all worn like a badge of pride ... she then asks what I did the night before. Sat in, watched a movie, smoked a joint with some friends, I said. The disgust on her face.

I find most people's aversion to illegal drugs is due to them being heavily mythologised.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I saw what prescription drugs mixed with alcohol did to my husband before it killed him.  It turned him into a monster with a pickled brain.  To each his own until it hurts someone else, my thoughts on it.

Pux Almighty

Pux Almighty

I had problems with cops several times under the influence of alcohol (fined two times, once ended up in a police car and once even at the police station), I lost money, cellphones, engaged in fights, destroyed bar furniture and caused general mayhem almost every time I got drunk on vodka.

Not once did any of this happen while I was stoned.

Believe me when I say this - alcohol is MUCH more dangerous than pot. The fact it's legal and weed isn't is major bullshit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

More people die of alcohol-related deaths than any other drug in North America. The main difference is that booze is socially accepted and widely available but other drugs aren't.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 30, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
I saw what prescription drugs mixed with alcohol did to my husband before it killed him.  It turned him into a monster with a pickled brain.  To each his own until it hurts someone else, my thoughts on it.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

The PredBen

The PredBen

The thing about weed is, is that while it does get you high, it doesn't seem to cause serious damage to your body. Compare that with alcohol, which does both. I don't really support the use of marijuana in general, but if it's legalized, crimes involving it would go away or at least be reduced.

Just my thoughts.
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 30, 2011, 07:27:22 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this. This made me reconsider some of my views.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Thanks guys, it's been a few years since it happened and really he did it to himself.  Anything in excess can be harmful, everything he did was completely legal just in excessive doses.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed