Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 99,048 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Game Informer:

Vertigo

Vertigo

That Alien model/skin is beautifully detailed, and I don't care what the explanation is, I love that it's so huge.
I do hope the finished product will be considerably more gooey and dribbly, though. And in my opinion, even the first set of teeth shouldn't come out from behind the lips until it's closing in on prey. Think of it as a huge black uncircumcised penis from hell and you can't go wrong.

Crazy Rich

The Alien in this reminds me so much more of the alien from the 1979 film than aliens from previous games.

This is a good thing.

Vrastal

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 13, 2014, 12:24:33 AM
The Alien in this reminds me so much more of the alien from the 1979 film than aliens from previous games.

This is a good thing.

That would be the point

RabidNinja

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 11, 2014, 05:36:50 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Jan 11, 2014, 05:20:09 PM
Only Nemesis during 12 hours...mmm, wont work

Not completely true, there are hints and clues in the articles that provide more information that suggest there will be other enemies.

Yeah, more WY merc-droids  8) 
Nah, 9/10, story wise, it'll include one of the teammates being an android much similar to ash in the first film. If this is the case, it kinda takes authenticity away from the game truly being canon, no matter how relateable to the source material it is. I mean c'mon, both mother and daughter being attacked by a WY android that just happened to be there for the sole purpose of retrieving the alien?

SpaceMarines

Isn't the main company in this game someone other than Wey-Yu, though?

Which, by the way, I'm very happy with. There's other corporations in the Alien universe. I'm glad someone's finally been able to grasp that concept.

HuDaFuK

Unlikely, all of the release character images released so far show the original Weyland-Yutani logo on their uniforms.

newbeing

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 13, 2014, 04:36:07 PM

Which, by the way, I'm very happy with. There's other corporations in the Alien universe. I'm glad someone's finally been able to grasp that concept.

Yeah it's Seegson corp. I guess one of WY primary competitors.

I too like the idea of conflicting organizations.

Xenoscream

Quote from: Vertigo on Jan 13, 2014, 12:14:46 AM
That Alien model/skin is beautifully detailed, and I don't care what the explanation is, I love that it's so huge.
I do hope the finished product will be considerably more gooey and dribbly, though. And in my opinion, even the first set of teeth shouldn't come out from behind the lips until it's closing in on prey. Think of it as a huge black uncircumcised penis from hell and you can't go wrong.

This! Would love the see the alien with it's lips closed, always thought it's very slow teeth reveal in Alien was one of the creature's finest moments.

And lol @ huge black penis from hell!

Snark

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 13, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
Unlikely, all of the release character images released so far show the original Weyland-Yutani logo on their uniforms.

Those characters from WY just go to the station owned by the other company because it may lead to info on Ellen Ripley's dissapearance.

Btw really cool they kept the old style logos. Did anyone else notice the cans of beer with either WY or the other company's branding on it in some pictures?

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 13, 2014, 05:02:26 PM

I like the idea of multiple corporations too - I always imagined Weyland-Yutani as one of several companies that controlled the space trade.  Like in Ron Cobb's concept art there were references to one of the crew member's former employers called Farside Lunar mining or something.  I hope there's references to that or the Third World Empire/United Americas in this game!

However I must admit it kind of annoys me that Sevastopol space station belongs to Seegson.  Yeah, I've heard in the news articles that Seegson corporation is a wannabe Weyland-Yutani. But why would the architecture and design of the station be identical to Weyland-Yutani's Nostromo interior? That's like downright sue-able plagiarism.  And the game is basically saying you're not really walking through a Weyland Yutani spacecraft, it's actually a knockoff by some other company you never heard of.  Maybe we're meant to assume a third party manufactures all the ships and space stations? Ehhh....

Xenomorphine

It's often upheld as a film series which shows a darker side of Capitalism, but if just the one company has a monopoly on so many things, that's not really the same kind of economic system. Capitalism thrives on competition.

Nightlord

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 13, 2014, 09:25:55 PM

However I must admit it kind of annoys me that Sevastopol space station belongs to Seegson.  Yeah, I've heard in the news articles that Seegson corporation is a wannabe Weyland-Yutani. But why would the architecture and design of the station be identical to Weyland-Yutani's Nostromo interior? That's like downright sue-able plagiarism.  And the game is basically saying you're not really walking through a Weyland Yutani spacecraft, it's actually a knockoff by some other company you never heard of.  Maybe we're meant to assume a third party manufactures all the ships and space stations? Ehhh....
That kind of makes sense though, wouldn't it?

The spaceship manufacturers of the future would be the car manufacturers of today.

szkoki

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 13, 2014, 08:05:06 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 13, 2014, 12:24:33 AM

This is a good thing.

That would be the point

u serious? at is pont its more like

than this

really hope it will be more like on the last pic and not on the previous one with a dumb animal vibe

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 13, 2014, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 13, 2014, 09:25:55 PM

That kind of makes sense though, wouldn't it?

The spaceship manufacturers of the future would be the car manufacturers of today.

I suppose that does make sense. 

I just feel like the Nostromo being a product of Weyland-Yutani, and not some third party manufacturer, works well enough.  The Nostromo has many Egyptian (the rounded corners or tan ridges) and Japanese elements (the space suits, most prevalently), which goes right in hand with the Weyland-Yutani winged sun logo or its Japanese heritage.

I guess they wanted another corp from the beginning and if they changed up the architecture we'd all be complaining about not getting to see a truly ALIEN inspired set.  I'll probably get used to the strangeness of Seegson owning Sevastopol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed