Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 759,050 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 11, 2021, 09:03:54 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 09, 2021, 01:20:43 AM
I'm talking about the guy who got his face burned when they took the facehugger off. The facehugger was barely on his face, and then later we see the second Xeno has come out of him and is headed for the showers.

Doesn't that hugger immediately curl up and die after being removed...?

It do.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 11, 2021, 09:03:54 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 09, 2021, 01:20:43 AM
I'm talking about the guy who got his face burned when they took the facehugger off. The facehugger was barely on his face, and then later we see the second Xeno has come out of him and is headed for the showers.

Doesn't that hugger immediately curl up and die after being removed, or am I misremembering?

It does, but he still has a chestburster. I on forst watch thought the Xeno trying to board the shuttle headed for the Covenant was the same one we see later when Daniels wakes up to the alarm, but its clear in med bay that the guy who had facehugger briefly on him implanted an embryo in him because he's dead with his chest bursted open.

We really should do a Alien Covenant Group watch.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

This is the bit I was disputing, but may not have quoted very clearly:

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 08, 2021, 07:58:24 AM
So facehuggers coukd conceivably drop seed into multiple hosts, perhaps this is an survival state, that the facehugger being the last of its kind does not stay on one host too long before moving to another host, but when there are many eggs the facehugger only seeks one host.

No double-hugging in Covvie, just multiple huggers.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 14, 2021, 08:56:07 PM
This is the bit I was disputing, but may not have quoted very clearly:

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 08, 2021, 07:58:24 AM
So facehuggers coukd conceivably drop seed into multiple hosts, perhaps this is an survival state, that the facehugger being the last of its kind does not stay on one host too long before moving to another host, but when there are many eggs the facehugger only seeks one host.

No double-hugging in Covvie, just multiple huggers.

Right, but I am talking about Alien 3 that there is double hugger, and I used Alien Covenant to show a facehugger can be on a mouth briefly and impregnate. Honestly the continuity is a mess, sometimes a Chestburster comes out with a tail or as in Covie its already got legs, sometimes gestation is a long while other times its microwave speed.

My point is simply if a facehugger is the last of its kind, perhaps it evolves into superhugger that can lay embryos in multiple hosts; the object increasing the chances of a queen, which did happen to Ripley.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Or there was more than one egg/hugger and the opening is just slapped together with little regard for continuity.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 15, 2021, 07:58:18 PM
Or there was more than one egg/hugger and the opening is just slapped together with little regard for continuity.

That is definitive possibility. But "a man can dream" that there was some regard for continuity.

judge death

judge death

I have a theory for both your questions:

Alien 3: Theres two options:
1: The egg spawned 2 facehuggers, like they can in aliens exctinction game, one found ripley and the other found the dog.
2: My fave theory: the egg released a queen carrying facehugger/assembly cut shows the super facehugger, and it impregnated ripley with the queen and after that it then impregnated a dog/ox with a protector to the queen that will burst beofre the queen does and will be aggressive and protect the queen.

For why the different speeds:
I count out avp movies: Covenant we have Davids strand of xenos, not the original xenomorphs, they arent biomechanical, their eggs looks different, born different, looks different etc and behaves differently and way more aggressive and dumber. But their facehuggers dont need much time to impregnate a host and Davids xeno burst quicker and is born like a miniatour of the adult shape and is transparent, can see the skeleton and organs in it.

In alien and aliens and alien 3 the facehugger is attached a long time and also the chestburster take longer to get mature and burst out, same for resurrection. How much they grow inside the host is individual and what kind of host it has and health of the host. The ones in resurrection and alien took shortest time and hence only looking like snakes while the dog runner in alien3 matured for longer time and had imature arms and legs.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: judge death on Jul 16, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
2: My fave theory: the egg released a queen carrying facehugger/assembly cut shows the super facehugger, and it impregnated ripley with the queen and after that it then impregnated a dog/ox with a protector to the queen that will burst beofre the queen does and will be aggressive and protect the queen.

I love this theory! It would make sense a Queenhugger would produce a drone to protect the Queen till she is mature. You deserve an applause for this theory. *Claps*

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on Jul 16, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
I have a theory for both your questions:

Alien 3: Theres two options:
1: The egg spawned 2 facehuggers, like they can in aliens exctinction game, one found ripley and the other found the dog.

Nah. It's just a dodgy opening that doesn't make sense on multiple levels thanks to the chaotic production. That's really all there is to it. Or would you like to try and explain the shape-shifting cryo pods too?

Kradan

Kradan

Get out

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I will leave when you explain the shape-shifting pods with a coherent in-universe answer.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2013, 03:47:21 AM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Jan 31, 2013, 03:41:49 AMDifferent cryotubes, different cryogenic compartment room, different lighting, different ceilings, different outside ship exterior, different outside lettering, the egg is shown in a really weird room that doesn't appear anywhere and we haven't seen it.

That's because the UPP boarded the ship, removed the passengers from their tubes (without reviving them) and then placed them back in the senior officers' cryotubes (in a different section of the ship) when they sent the Sulaco back on her merry way.

The white lettering was on the Sulaco's port side.  Black on starboard.

Blame it on the Space Kradans.

judge death

judge death

Theres two answers:
1: Same as with the error in aliens where ripleys spacesuit is all wrong. Alien3´s designer missed it or needed it to be round to work on set. /budget reason or a miss.
2: The crew when evacuated was moved to emergency crypods which is smaller to fit inside the eve, the bigger and more square like were left on sulaco. I prefer this choice but then one need to accept you dont see it happen onscreen.

Bigger issue is: these eve´s suck: they dont land, they crash on enarest planet and surviving is near nill.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: judge death on Jul 16, 2021, 11:14:47 PM2: The crew when evacuated was moved to emergency crypods which is smaller to fit inside the eve, the bigger and more square like were left on sulaco. I prefer this choice but then one need to accept you dont see it happen onscreen.

We see them in the new cryotubes before the fire even starts.

Quote from: judge death on Jul 16, 2021, 11:14:47 PMBigger issue is: these eve´s suck: they dont land, they crash on enarest planet and surviving is near nill.

As I've said before, the EEVs would probably be fine if they remained in space.  Contrary to what the CMTM says, I doubt they were ever designed to travel under their own power or make a controlled landing.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 16, 2021, 11:02:53 PM
I will leave when you explain the shape-shifting pods with a coherent in-universe answer.

Asthetics, the director wanted a particular desifn but its suppose to be the same pods. Its an art choice, viewers I just suppose to accept its the director using their taste. Kinda like James Cameron opting for the blue coloring over the green coloring for the title sequence and etc.

We often decry as fans, "that's not right, that's a different Xeno or etc," when really the director and artists wanted to do a new design or augment a design to look newer or more complete. The differences are simply design taste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed