Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 760,115 times)

chainsawsquirrel

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM
How do you think the egg got on the Sulaco at the start of Alien 3?

Did Bishop put it there or did the Queen manage to lay an emergency egg at the end of Aliens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/forum/image002.jpg

Bishop really really really doesn't seem like he would do that. But I see no other way. The queen could not and did not get into that room. Emergeancy egg or not. Newt & Hicks certainly wouldn't have.

I think perhaps Burke tampered with Bishop and either reprogrammed or corrupted his mind.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Why did bishop drop down in the atmospheric processor?
Any pilot knows, higher is better. Especially with falling debris. 

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I know this has been brought up before but in dreams things can appear backwards or upside down... maybe Ripley just dreamt it... holy shit.... something just came to my mind. Gotta watch aliens first to see if it makes sense. :P

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 12, 2016, 04:27:33 AMWhat's more, the egg weighs, what? 10kg?  Try just fastening a 10kg bag of rice to the ceiling, let's see how that works out.  lol.  Bring that figure down to 1kg and yes, you could have an object securely fastened to the ceiling and just hang there.  Even if it grew there, which is what we are looking at here after a proto facehugger anchors itself in that location.

I assume the egg fastened itself in place with the same resinous goo that was able to fasten adult humans to the walls of the alien nest under .86g.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Didn't the Sulaco have some sort of flooring monitoring censors? Henceforth, Bishop had to place the egg somewhere off of the ground so the ships monitoring system wouldn't detect it until it was ready to hatch.  ::)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

As I said before in this ancient thread...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 22, 2013, 06:26:13 PM
I'd assume that the Sulaco's computer relies on video cameras and motion trackers versus some kind of nebulous all-seeing Star Trek sensor gear.  Therefore, the presence of an alien on board would go undetected until the egg hatched and the facehugger actually started moving around.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2016, 01:31:51 PM

I'd assume that the Sulaco's computer relies on video cameras and motion trackers versus some kind of nebulous all-seeing Star Trek sensor gear.  Therefore, the presence of an alien on board would go undetected until the egg hatched and the facehugger actually started moving around.
Yea but I remembering hearing from somewhere of the floors in particular being monitored. Just trying to picture where the creators of Alien³ got the idea to hang an egg on a wall. I guess the idea is that it was a cool shot but there has to be some sort of logical thinking behind it.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 12, 2016, 01:43:50 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2016, 01:31:51 PM

Yea but I remembering hearing from somewhere of the floors in particular being monitored. Just trying to picture where the creators of Alien³ got the idea to hang an egg on a wall. I guess the idea is that it was a cool shot but there has to be some sort of logical thinking behind it.

It doesn't, it really doesn't... :D

Film logic these days more often than not boils down to "shit just happens". Reading some of the desperate attempts to legitimise one of the more glaring gaffes in film on this thread is actually helping cheer me up after the Jets took another few years off my life last night... ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 12, 2016, 01:43:50 PM

The CMTM may have invented something like that, for whatever it's worth now.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 12, 2016, 12:36:58 PM
I know this has been brought up before but in dreams things can appear backwards or upside down... maybe Ripley just dreamt it... holy shit.... something just came to my mind. Gotta watch aliens first to see if it makes sense. :P

This is the theory I always liked. Although it's a bit more artsy fartsy, but it's still a fitting explanation. Ripley was having dreams at the beginning of Aliens, too, so it's plausible the opening to Alien 3 is a dream from her perspective.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Except there are details revealed during it which are later seen to be 100% accurate.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I'm sure there's a couple of stowaway facehuggers, but the details and everything, including the Sulaco is different, much like a dream would be. It's possible Ripley's in a semi-conscience state, is hearing what's going on around her, but her mind is interpreting the images.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

So she dreamed that the cryotubes looked different and that made it come true?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

7 more pages to go guys.  Fill er up!  God, people have to know what happened here!

SM

SM

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 13, 2016, 04:12:40 AM
So she dreamed that the cryotubes looked different and that made it come true?

Then she wished them into the wheatfield.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed