Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,700 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 28, 2022, 12:03:11 PMbecause i cant where i am at the moment.

Why, exactly?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Y'all better chill before the Dalek fleet comes about

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Highland on Aug 28, 2022, 12:25:25 PMMy dudes , jungle hunter observes that Dutches team have enough firepower to level a city block.

Feral observed that the wolf's not all that, knows the bears not all that, then clearly (on screen) examens that the tribe only have stabbing weapons. He even takes the first one out with the long ranged weapon just to see what happens ( nothing happens) .

These things are not the same.

There is literally no reason for feral to think that these guys are Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

PS. I LOVE P2. City Hunter is my favourite.

Some sanity with my jerky, cheers bruh 🍻

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 28, 2022, 01:04:02 PMY'all better chill before the Dalek fleet comes about

Doctor, who are these Daleks you keep talking about ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 28, 2022, 02:50:42 PMDoctor, who are these Daleks you keep talking about ?

YOUR SALVATION

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 28, 2022, 12:03:11 PMbecause i cant where i am at the moment. it be a few months. i do apologise. i just want make something clear. i value this webiste's  opinion more than any  other. i dont trust the msm and their opinion on anything. nor do i trust youtubers opinion  i have seen a bit on youtube actually i could have seen the full final fight but decided not to. i look at certain members reactions to this movie based on the knowledge that their previous record of posts have always been on par and insightfull and that it rarely changed ove say a 5 yer period. a lot of people here right now will leave the site and we wont see them again. i am trying to guage if the people whose opinion i know and trust doesnt  change overnight . thats how i know what to think. as  i am not as invested in predator as in alien i am trying to guage what the these long time fans think of the movie.

that covers sil and corporal.

my main issue is the portrayal of the predator. what i think is not important. does the long time fans also agree with the way the predator has been portrayed?

and ffs i have seen enough of the movie to ask a valid question like that.

sil has gripes with it
corporal seems to love it(i think based on his review)
aj had similar issues(saying that predator felt more like a slasher than a predator)

i just want to know what the long time fans thinks of the pred in this movie.

ty

Long time fan here. Been a regular at this site for years too. I loved feral. I don't think he's poorly written. I don't think he's careless or out of control. I don't think he lost his identity as a hunter. I don't think he was reduced to a generic slasher villain.

He's inexperienced, with earth, and has a different style of hunting from other predators we've seen. That gives him more identity imo more distinguishable from the other predators we've seen. He's not just a clone of jungle hunter or something...

But anyway... he really was stalking his prey and watching them.
- When naru fought the cat, she was distracted by a red shimmer; was that not feral watching from a distance?
- He heard naru's dog bark and he went to investigate (This was in the cave while he was cleaning his wolf skull).
- He picks up and inspects the same cigar that naru did, studying it (and tracking her obviously; being on her trail ever since hearing her dog bark).
- He fought the bear, toyed with it then just obliterated it with minimal effort... more importantly, immediately after killing the bear, he watched naru flee, then continued following her. (Maybe he jumped in to save naru? I don't think so personally, but he was tracking naru; I think he saw the bear and decided to have fun with it).
- He didn't immediately jump in and kill everyone once naru was taken captive by her tribe; he watched, then decided to jump into the action.
- After this brawl, He followed naru again but didn't charge into that field mindlessly until he missed a shot with his bolt gun and naru and the other guy started to run again.
- When naru gets caught in the bear trap, he catches up with her, inspects the trap, hears the fur trappers coming then leaves. - The fur trappers had an encounter with feral or some other predator before; if you translate the French they say something about "she's seen it."
- The fur trappers use her and her brother as bait; the bait works because feral was already tracking naru (imo he seemed interested in naru but wasn't sure she'd be the challenge he's looking for).
- The fur trappers set a trap for feral, but even then he didn't just mindlessly charge in; feral killed the Calvary hanging out at the top of the hill and he did it pretty stealthily since they never saw him coming until it was too late.
- After that, yes he walks into the trap, but he sees naru and taabe tied up. He's moving in to inspect them and their binding just like he inspected the bear trap naru was caught in before. He sees no danger, probably because he thought he killed every threat around when he slaughtered the guys on the hill moments before. The rest of the fur trappers were hidden and they outsmarted him. That's no different than Dutch's net trap working on jungle hunter, or Keye's trap for city hunter in the slaughterhouse. The trap didn't work, and feral went to town and slaughtered everyone.
- Naru escapes again; her and taabe split up. She gets back to the French's camp and who eventually shows up? Feral. He doesn't go after taabe, he goes where naru is, because he's still tracking her. He seems careless again but naru has already killed just about everyone in that camp. So feral sees a bunch of cold bodies and probably doesn't think there's any threats to worry about.
- Flash forward again, and naru sets the trap this time. She outsmarted the predator and they get into their final battle. He underestimates naru, in a similar sort of fashion as jungle hunter underestimating Dutch.

Sorry for the book here, but honestly, I see a hunter tracking a target that he is at least somewhat interested in. He doesn't seem to think naru is much of a threat most of the time, but if I were feral I would have followed her around too! Wherever she went, interesting prey showed up (the cat, the bear, human warriors and hunters). I see him watching his prey. I see him ambush unsuspecting French trappers. And I see him fall for traps set by people, and predators falling for traps is definitely nothing new for the movies.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 28, 2022, 12:16:08 PMFeral watches his prey, uses his technology to hide, and moves through the trees. We see him tracking when examining the cigar and leaf. We see him in the trees watching the Comanche and taking note of their weapons. He uses tactics, advanced weapons, and combat skills. He looks for the strongest prey to provide the most challenge.

Feral only goes berserk when he is ambushed by many foes and unable to cloak. He uses his full arsenal, kills them, and escapes the situation via the trees/bombs. He's never really in any trouble until he fights Taabe,  where he uses his cloak to win the fight. After that Naru is the one hunting him until the end of the film.

Taken in context of the events shown I think Feral absolutly acts like a predator. Comparisons to Jason Vorhees and slashers don't jive with the film I watched. But much like the myth that Feral didn't know how to use his bolt gun, i'm sure this Jason comparison will be around forever now.
Ha! I should have kept reading. You said a lot of the same things I just did lol

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 28, 2022, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 28, 2022, 02:50:42 PMDoctor, who are these Daleks you keep talking about ?

YOUR SALVATION

Damn, you really do post daleks everywhere lol

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Do people also forget that, at least in other media, Predators also distinguish themselves as warriors also? Sometimes other cultures consider both professions as one, like the Comanches do. This just confirms what expanded media always had for Predators who see themselves as warriors too. Feral fits both areas, I really can't see how this can be argued in any other way. He hunts down his quarry, challenges them to a fight head on, and usually comes on top till he fights an opponent that bests him. More warrior than hunter, but a hunter nonetheless.

He's simply more brutal then the rest, even Mr. Black the bad blood super predator was sadistic and used tools that one would be considered dishonorable, but he never straight up went and demolished anyone like Feral does. Just adds to the individual more, hell one can say the hunters of the southern hemisphere takes a more hands on approach to these things then other tribes do. Additionally, didn't behind the scenes say that he's a more hot blooded young Pred? Fits the bill even more if what I recall is true. Either way, Feral is fine, my only gripe is he didn't take more skull trophies or skin more people. That's one of the real Predator traits that was lacking in the film. 

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 29, 2022, 03:37:02 AMDo people also forget that, at least in other media, Predators also distinguish themselves as warriors also? Sometimes other cultures consider both professions as one, like the Comanches do. This just confirms what expanded media always had for Predators who see themselves as warriors too. Feral fits both areas, I really can't see how this can be argued in any other way. He hunts down his quarry, challenges them to a fight head on, and usually comes on top till he fights an opponent that bests him. More warrior than hunter, but a hunter nonetheless.

He's simply more brutal then the rest, even Mr. Black the bad blood super predator was sadistic and used tools that one would be considered dishonorable, but he never straight up went and demolished anyone like Feral does. Just adds to the individual more, hell one can say the hunters of the southern hemisphere takes a more hands on approach to these things then other tribes do. Additionally, didn't behind the scenes say that he's a more hot blooded young Pred? Fits the bill even more if what I recall is true. Either way, Feral is fine, my only gripe is he didn't take more skull trophies or skin more people. That's one of the real Predator traits that was lacking in the film. 
Maybe he did take more trophies, we just didn't see it because the film kept us with Naru.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 28, 2022, 11:36:23 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 28, 2022, 12:03:11 PMbecause i cant where i am at the moment. it be a few months. i do apologise. i just want make something clear. i value this webiste's  opinion more than any  other. i dont trust the msm and their opinion on anything. nor do i trust youtubers opinion  i have seen a bit on youtube actually i could have seen the full final fight but decided not to. i look at certain members reactions to this movie based on the knowledge that their previous record of posts have always been on par and insightfull and that it rarely changed ove say a 5 yer period. a lot of people here right now will leave the site and we wont see them again. i am trying to guage if the people whose opinion i know and trust doesnt  change overnight . thats how i know what to think. as  i am not as invested in predator as in alien i am trying to guage what the these long time fans think of the movie.

that covers sil and corporal.

my main issue is the portrayal of the predator. what i think is not important. does the long time fans also agree with the way the predator has been portrayed?

and ffs i have seen enough of the movie to ask a valid question like that.

sil has gripes with it
corporal seems to love it(i think based on his review)
aj had similar issues(saying that predator felt more like a slasher than a predator)

i just want to know what the long time fans thinks of the pred in this movie.

ty

Long time fan here. Been a regular at this site for years too. I loved feral. I don't think he's poorly written. I don't think he's careless or out of control. I don't think he lost his identity as a hunter. I don't think he was reduced to a generic slasher villain.

He's inexperienced, with earth, and has a different style of hunting from other predators we've seen. That gives him more identity imo more distinguishable from the other predators we've seen. He's not just a clone of jungle hunter or something...

But anyway... he really was stalking his prey and watching them.
- When naru fought the cat, she was distracted by a red shimmer; was that not feral watching from a distance?
- He heard naru's dog bark and he went to investigate (This was in the cave while he was cleaning his wolf skull).
- He picks up and inspects the same cigar that naru did, studying it (and tracking her obviously; being on her trail ever since hearing her dog bark).
- He fought the bear, toyed with it then just obliterated it with minimal effort... more importantly, immediately after killing the bear, he watched naru flee, then continued following her. (Maybe he jumped in to save naru? I don't think so personally, but he was tracking naru; I think he saw the bear and decided to have fun with it).
- He didn't immediately jump in and kill everyone once naru was taken captive by her tribe; he watched, then decided to jump into the action.
- After this brawl, He followed naru again but didn't charge into that field mindlessly until he missed a shot with his bolt gun and naru and the other guy started to run again.
- When naru gets caught in the bear trap, he catches up with her, inspects the trap, hears the fur trappers coming then leaves. - The fur trappers had an encounter with feral or some other predator before; if you translate the French they say something about "she's seen it."
- The fur trappers use her and her brother as bait; the bait works because feral was already tracking naru (imo he seemed interested in naru but wasn't sure she'd be the challenge he's looking for).
- The fur trappers set a trap for feral, but even then he didn't just mindlessly charge in; feral killed the Calvary hanging out at the top of the hill and he did it pretty stealthily since they never saw him coming until it was too late.
- After that, yes he walks into the trap, but he sees naru and taabe tied up. He's moving in to inspect them and their binding just like he inspected the bear trap naru was caught in before. He sees no danger, probably because he thought he killed every threat around when he slaughtered the guys on the hill moments before. The rest of the fur trappers were hidden and they outsmarted him. That's no different than Dutch's net trap working on jungle hunter, or Keye's trap for city hunter in the slaughterhouse. The trap didn't work, and feral went to town and slaughtered everyone.
- Naru escapes again; her and taabe split up. She gets back to the French's camp and who eventually shows up? Feral. He doesn't go after taabe, he goes where naru is, because he's still tracking her. He seems careless again but naru has already killed just about everyone in that camp. So feral sees a bunch of cold bodies and probably doesn't think there's any threats to worry about.
- Flash forward again, and naru sets the trap this time. She outsmarted the predator and they get into their final battle. He underestimates naru, in a similar sort of fashion as jungle hunter underestimating Dutch.

Sorry for the book here, but honestly, I see a hunter tracking a target that he is at least somewhat interested in. He doesn't seem to think naru is much of a threat most of the time, but if I were feral I would have followed her around too! Wherever she went, interesting prey showed up (the cat, the bear, human warriors and hunters). I see him watching his prey. I see him ambush unsuspecting French trappers. And I see him fall for traps set by people, and predators falling for traps is definitely nothing new for the movies.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 28, 2022, 12:16:08 PMFeral watches his prey, uses his technology to hide, and moves through the trees. We see him tracking when examining the cigar and leaf. We see him in the trees watching the Comanche and taking note of their weapons. He uses tactics, advanced weapons, and combat skills. He looks for the strongest prey to provide the most challenge.

Feral only goes berserk when he is ambushed by many foes and unable to cloak. He uses his full arsenal, kills them, and escapes the situation via the trees/bombs. He's never really in any trouble until he fights Taabe,  where he uses his cloak to win the fight. After that Naru is the one hunting him until the end of the film.

Taken in context of the events shown I think Feral absolutly acts like a predator. Comparisons to Jason Vorhees and slashers don't jive with the film I watched. But much like the myth that Feral didn't know how to use his bolt gun, i'm sure this Jason comparison will be around forever now.
Ha! I should have kept reading. You said a lot of the same things I just did lol

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 28, 2022, 08:51:08 PM

YOUR SALVATION

Damn, you really do post daleks everywhere lol

You're a fine Scotsman. A fine Scotsman indeed. Have some jerky.

All of these hangups about Feral and no one addresses why the hare didn't zig-zag 😂, maybe it's not a true hare either... 🤔

Master

Master

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 28, 2022, 10:32:30 AMCity Hunter had prior experience or at least knowledge about humans, Feral didn't.

Yeah, and that's exactly why he was supposed to take time and care before entering the action. He was cautious with snake and the wolf then all.of the sudden he becomes careless. First with the bear and the absolutely happy-go-lucky with French trappers. They only couldn't kill him, because their weapons wasn't sufficient enough. Give the trappers guns from Predator era (or bigger guns from XVIII century) and Fearl is dead meat.

This one acts as killer frenzied in the deed itself, not like come and stealthy hunter. That diminishes the character (along with constant simplifying Predators equipment that happens in last three subsequent instalments).

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Master on Aug 29, 2022, 09:30:58 AMconstant simplifying Predators equipment that happens in last three subsequent instalments

What do you mean?

Master

Master

Loss of preasure cables, netting, troophy necklace. The final travesty was Upgrade that didn't even had a mask. Fearl, while I dig the masked design, goes with that trend.

SiL

SiL

I would've liked to see more cabling on Feral. The whole "he's more primitive" thing doesn't really fly against the whole "he's an interstellar traveler". He would need a more robust life support system, not less.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

He sneaks up on the Frenchmen, then the ash short circuits his cloaking, so he's like, f**k it, "I'm gonna have me some fun".  ;D

Predators will sometimes claim outright that if any predator who claims to be a member of group X and has Y characteristic, is not a member of group X. Ask a predator if those who claim to be a member of group X and has Y characteristic would agree, then get down and dirty with some juicy ribs.

Highland

Highland

I don't really buy the "more primitive" angle. I like to think of it more of a new adventure ( or old  :P )

Not everything the director/crew says in random interviews should be taken as gospel. Unless we want to start listening to Ridley Scott's ideas on the Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed