Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 327,920 times)

Mike’s Monsters

I put together all of the footage I grabbed from Prey's presence at SDCC. It's a short and sweet little video.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 30, 2022, 01:38:40 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 30, 2022, 01:17:29 AMTo be honest, all of that just kind of feels like marketing speak to me. I'd imagine there won't be anything in the film itself that'll explicitly state that no Predator had ever been to Earth before.

I agree, but another kick in the teeth in the direction of AVP 2004, AVP Requiem and The Predator by extension will not go amiss though.
Sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me.

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/Nativeprof/status/1553164422620712960

small "extended" scene of Naru's dog, Sarii within interview at about 2:00 mark and video of Amber rehearsing with the dog.

Master

Master

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 30, 2022, 02:25:49 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 30, 2022, 01:38:40 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 30, 2022, 01:17:29 AMTo be honest, all of that just kind of feels like marketing speak to me. I'd imagine there won't be anything in the film itself that'll explicitly state that no Predator had ever been to Earth before.

I agree, but another kick in the teeth in the direction of AVP 2004, AVP Requiem and The Predator by extension will not go amiss though.
Sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me.

It unnecessary and abit rude IMO. First of all there is no way to prove it on screen and second live older movies alone. Good or bad somone put heart into them.

Corporal Hicks

Dan must be pissed off with the marketing around this. He's already said it's just Feral's first visit.

SiL

SiL

Probably wasn't a great idea to say it was anyone's first hunt in hindsight.

Master

Master

True. One of the appeals of Predator is, those creatures are bond with our history and are mentioned in cultures around the world. It was suggested in the very first film, they've been here before and is reinforced in every other installment (except two worst ones being AvP-R and The Predator  :laugh: )

BlueMarsalis79

I like the concept not his fault marketing ran with it in a particular way though.

SiL

SiL

Concept is fine, marketing was always going to f**k it up.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2022, 07:00:07 AMDan must be pissed off with the marketing around this. He's already said it's just Feral's first visit.
That's refreshing at least.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Jul 30, 2022, 07:45:10 AMProbably wasn't a great idea to say it was anyone's first hunt in hindsight.

It's probably the way he got producers to fund the project. They talk money and easy ideas to get them to give the project money. John Davis is business and money smart, but whenever I hear him actually talk the brands in interviews or commentaries, I always get the sense he's only there because of the money and has no clue what's going on. Hence why someone said first hunt in a pitch and he wouldn't let it go in interviews, even after correction.

Kudzu

Kudzu

Quote from: Hollywood on Jul 29, 2022, 04:58:09 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpaEWWsMYw

Ugh Grace, why would anyone book interviews on that toxic channel

Doomofman

Doomofman

Do we have any idea when the review embargo for this lifts?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 31, 2022, 06:58:39 PMDo we have any idea when the review embargo for this lifts?

I think it's technically lifted now.
Most are just being respectful and not sharing story details. I'd assume spoiler reviews/discussions will drop the day of the release, or right before. I'm planning on trying to have one out around then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed