Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 76,620 times)

Still Collating...

Agreed LT, that helps me enjoy the story more as well.

The artist is good, though I like how he draws the environments more than the characters. Amanda and Zula look a bit cartoonish but the atmosphere created in the panels is really nice for now.

The Old One

The Old One

W-Y splinter cell; Synthetics utilization? Excellent news.

Now, the resources require explanation.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah second issue was okay. Was hoping they would run into an alien in this issue but no dice.

How many issues in this series? If its only 4 thats going to feel really short for the story they are telling.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps it's a purposeful, longer form story (hence no Alien) and the resultant (Resistance/Rescue/R) paperback edition's the emphasis?

Corporal Hicks

Ultramorph

Hopefully there are some xenos in this issue.

Russ840

;D exactly what I was thinking

Still Collating...

I'm all for slow build ups, but when we have only 4 issues, I usually don't adore the pace. Still, there is potential in showing very little of the aliens here if they do it in an effective way with fantastic visuals when they do. Then only a few shots give it a lot more punch. Curious to see how this goes.

And maybe my brain isn't working, but I don't understand at all what happened in the preview. Mostly the transition from the second before last and last page.

SM

SM

Zula is deploying an emergency device.

Still Collating...

Thanks.
Didn't really get that from the panel. Interesting, I can get behind that.

SM

SM

It will become clearer.

Russ840

I really don't like to say it but I am finding this series quite boring.

Not sure what it is. Perhaps when it's finished it will fair better I'm a complete read through.

Ultramorph

I sort of agree. I wanted to love this series, but so far it's gone in a weird direction I'm bout sure I like.

426Buddy

Its not a bad series but its lacking everything I loved about the first few issues of Defiance. Where's the dread and the tension? The aliens appearance in this issue is over before it really starts, which is a shame since we are on issue 3 already.

Some of the story elements are fairly interesting though.

Spoiler
WY Alien breeding experiments run by android/alien guards. Breeding a ton of generations of the creatures sounds kinda interesting too.
[close]

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Ya I'm certainly intrigued by this story if nothing else. However the lack of aliens isn't that much of an issue for me as the company serves as the primary antagonist (which I'll concede may have worked better as a novel than a comic, considering corporate warfare is a much less "visual" type of action). Nonetheless I'm excited to see how the story concludes with issue 4 or continues with "Rescue".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed