Started by aliensetta, May 11, 2007, 07:48:52 PM

Do you like country music?

Yes
No
Author
Country Music? (Read 12,136 times)

SM

SM

Genres are stupid labels to apply to music.  You simply like the music you like.  Ignore the whole 'genre' thing.

I like some country music and some is absolute shit.  Same with any other music out there.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

The only country songs I really like are from Nickelback and thats it! I hate it otherwise!

SM

SM

There being an example of "absolute shit".

;D

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 01:29:24 AM
Genres are stupid labels to apply to music.  You simply like the music you like.  Ignore the whole 'genre' thing.

I like some country music and some is absolute shit.  Same with any other music out there.

Totally agree (amazing isn't it?)..  I like a few country songs, but don't like most of it.. so it's difficult to answer.  I am a Texan, drive a truck so you'd think I like country.. but most of it is just crap, just like any other genre.  You can pick a few out of just about every type a music that you will like.

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 01:32:33 AM
There being an example of "absolute shit".

;D
That's what u think.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

i don't discriminate based on genre, just quality.

earlier today, i was listening to this awesome cover of snoop dogg's "gin & juice" by a country band called the gourds.

i like johnny cash, and rock-a-billy stuff is ok. and i have two LP's by a band called th' legendard shack shakers (who are really f**king loud live). but the stuff on the country radio stations makes me want to stab my eardrums.

SM

SM

QuoteThat's what u think.

Indeed it is.

Not looking for an argument, I just f**king hate Nickelback.  :)

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 08:40:04 AMNot looking for an argument, I just f**king hate Nickelback.

i think you'd be hard pressed to find an argument if you were looking for one.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2007, 08:40:04 AM

Indeed it is.

Same applies here for "simply like what you like".. I don't like ALL of Nickelback, some of it is ok.

The Demon

The Demon

Defanetly no. There's no aspect at all that I respect about country. I absolutely hate it.

Indeed it is.

I hate Nickleback as well. Its not even rock. Its more popy than anything. Which is funny they'd make a "Rock Star" song. Its actualy insulting to some rock fans.

Master Chief

Master Chief

You mean to tell me, You never made it as a wise man, you couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing?

Is Nickelback even considered country?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't Countr music because it to borning.

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 19, 2007, 09:06:10 PM

Nickelback is Alternative rock not country.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Sep 19, 2007, 09:32:41 PM

I don't even concider them that. Its way too poppy. They'd feel cooler if they were concider Alternitive Rock.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 19, 2007, 09:00:28 PM
Defanetly no. There's no aspect at all that I respect about country. I absolutely hate it.

in my experience, people who say that about any broad sweeping genre simply haven't have enough experience with said genre. there's good and bad in anything.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 19, 2007, 09:53:52 PM
Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Sep 19, 2007, 09:32:41 PM

I don't even concider them that. Its way too poppy. They'd feel cooler if they were concider Alternitive Rock.

They sound like a Alternitive if you ask me. Someone people say there Metal but they sound nothing like Metal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed