AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,184 times)

Necronomicon IV

Necronomicon IV

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 06, 2007, 08:34:01 PM
I'd like it to be set in the future, on a space-ship or something and based after the events of Alien Resurrection. There would only be one Alien and one Predator.

This - I've always wanted to see one Alien and one Predator stalking and killing off the humans one by one throughout the entire movie. Then at the end they face off. The Predator takes off his weapons, and of course, due to being better in hand-to-hand combat, the Alien kicks his ass, and as the Predator lay dying, he detonates his warhead, killing all the humans.

THAT is what I wanted to see.

Undeadite

Undeadite

What's the point in wanting to see that when you already have a clear idea how it ends? Predator blows up the space ship, all the humans die in the explosion, and the alien is still subjected to being a lethal insect. -barf!-

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Necronomicon IV on Dec 11, 2009, 04:02:54 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Jun 06, 2007, 08:34:01 PM
I'd like it to be set in the future, on a space-ship or something and based after the events of Alien Resurrection. There would only be one Alien and one Predator.

This - I've always wanted to see one Alien and one Predator stalking and killing off the humans one by one throughout the entire movie. Then at the end they face off. The Predator takes off his weapons, and of course, due to being better in hand-to-hand combat, the Alien kicks his ass, and as the Predator lay dying, he detonates his warhead, killing all the humans.

THAT is what I wanted to see.

One Predator and one Alien? Coulda sworn that was what we got with AvP, with Grid and Scar.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

But they never fought.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was a bad joke :P my point is, we got more or less one Alien and Predator and it made for an extremely boring film.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Then we got one Predator and plenty of Aliens and it was even less interesting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It kept me awake, which is more than I can say for AvP.

Ijapa

Ijapa

Indeed. I enjoyed AvPR far more than AvP. I think most of the hate for AvPR comes from the Alien fans who disliked Wolf.

AvPR at least satisfied my wanting to see gory, bloody, mincemeat kills.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

What about the Predator fans who disliked Wolf? He was an idiot.

Ijapa

Ijapa

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 12, 2009, 02:22:58 PM

Like I said, it satisfied my wanting to see gory, bloody mincemeat kills. Whatever Wolf and the Aliens did in between, that's a whole 'nother story. 

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

But why turn to AvP for that when it's capable of so much more? Plenty of other franchises and one-off movies can provide that in spades, but AvP is unique in bringing together two very powerful and narratively flexible monsters.

The Demon

The Demon

What makes him an idiot? Not that I'm opposed to your opinion but I find the AvP Predator's far more of idiots than the Wolf. He was ridiculously untouchable but I didn't see much of an idiot in him.

Quote from: Ijapa on Dec 12, 2009, 02:21:13 PM
Indeed. I enjoyed AvPR far more than AvP. I think most of the hate for AvPR comes from the Alien fans who disliked Wolf.

I agree - I enjoy AvPr for its action. And I admittingly enjoy it for the Predator domination and action.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Demon on Dec 12, 2009, 05:32:34 PM

What makes him an idiot? Not that I'm opposed to your opinion but I find the AvP Predator's far more of idiots than the Wolf. He was ridiculously untouchable but I didn't see much of an idiot in him.

Closing yourself inside a tight space while surrounded by Aliens isn't the brightest thing in the world to do, which is exactly what he did in the sewers.

I agree - I enjoy AvPr for its action. And I admittingly enjoy it for the Predator domination and action.

As did I.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Ijapa on Dec 12, 2009, 02:21:13 PM

The action scenes were monotone and brief. I didn't feel any impact in any of them(i.e. National Guard scene), I might as well have been watching the movie's dialogue scenes.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

He essentially always left his back open to attack, even while in the hive. He held up two Aliens by the neck for an extended period of time, which would've resulted in death if they weren't a particularly retarded spawning. He fired he plasma caster, long distance, against a few Aliens that had ample time to move out of the way and ample cover, alerting them to his position.

AvPR had a very comic-book interpretation of the Aliens, it seems, and Wolf preempted that. If the creatures were comparable to the Aliens from Acheron, Spike, Ripley's spawning or Grid & Co., Wolf would've been severely screwed going in with his attitude and combat tactics. There's one part where he almost takes an Alien, and then very slowly he fights another one while the other one stays still. You think it's dead because it ain't doin' shit, but no - Wolf returns once dispatching the other Alien and kills the first one. What.
And this was in the hive, too.

Wolf also did awfully inefficient things like putting that vial of cleaning fluid in an Alien's mouth to finish it off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed