$$$ = what next?

Started by Marr, Jul 06, 2011, 12:55:34 PM

Author
$$$ = what next? (Read 6,081 times)

Marr

Marr

Assuming, hopefully, Prometheus is a resounding success and provides enough box office $ to please the "suits" what do you think or hope will happen next? Be it a a sequel to Prometheus, Alien 5 or a complete reboot of the original Alien story.

six

six

Hopefully alien 5 or maybe reboot of alien

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Prometheus is one of the two part-prequels to Alien.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jul 06, 2011, 03:01:15 PM

Is it still like that? Because there's been NOTHING about a second film for a very long time.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien 5, hopefully.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Michael Harper on Jul 06, 2011, 04:04:01 PM

Is it still like that? Because there's been NOTHING about a second film for a very long time.

I'm not sure, actually. I read that long ago, and I still assume that a film would follow Prometheus. That won't harm, would it? :)

If there ever is a sequel to the franchise, I'm hoping for something new and ground-breaking. I would prefer newer ideas over homages to the previous films, but not outrageous ones.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe something related to Prometheus in the way Prometheus is related to Alien.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jul 06, 2011, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Jul 06, 2011, 04:04:01 PM

I'm not sure, actually. I read that long ago, and I still assume that a film would follow Prometheus. That won't harm, would it? :)

If there ever is a sequel to the franchise, I'm hoping for something new and ground-breaking. I would prefer newer ideas over homages to the previous films, but not outrageous ones.

I think Prometheus is following that idea, with it being about the Space Jockey's, and not the Aliens. Hopefully this will start something excellent off.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Another standalone Alien-related movie. I don't want any Sigourney Weaver or Resurrection continuity. Considering they they scrapped Alien 5 with Weaver over 10 years ago I don't see them bringing it back. Thank god. It'd be more daft than a 65 year old Arnie playing the Terminator. Sometimes you just gotta put Dirty Harry away and do something else [like Unforgiven!]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

If they do this right there won't be a need for a second prequel ... so if any future sequels get made they will be able to be able to pull from the new history and hopefully get some serious pedigree behind the lens and the word processor.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: howardvegas on Jul 06, 2011, 12:55:34 PM
Assuming, hopefully, Prometheus is a resounding success and provides enough box office $ to please the "suits" what do you think or hope will happen next? Be it a a sequel to Prometheus, Alien 5 or a complete reboot of the original Alien story.

AVP 3  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously now... i think a Prometheus trilogy (with more aliens on the second and third movies) would be very cool!  8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 06, 2011, 04:30:35 PM
Another standalone Alien-related movie. I don't want any Sigourney Weaver or Resurrection continuity. Considering they they scrapped Alien 5 with Weaver over 10 years ago I don't see them bringing it back. Thank god. It'd be more daft than a 65 year old Arnie playing the Terminator. Sometimes you just gotta put Dirty Harry away and do something else [like Unforgiven!]

This. Maybe start a new series with new characters.

Or a reboot of AvP. You know, in the future and good.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Ridley replenishes his cigar collection.

Hopefully if it does well studios will start putting more money into similar high concept sci-fi movies. I'm more interested in what Neill Blomkamp and Duncan Jones are doing next than the Riddler.

Franchise-wise, iunno, to ask for a new decent AVP movie is to tempt fate.

Marr

Marr

Personally I would quite like to see a sequel to Aliens tried again - ie ignoring 3 + 4.
Set 20+ years later and concentrating on the Hicks character...completing ignoring Ripley....who's in an asylum claiming she has been in a prison and then cloned in the future.

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: howardvegas on Jul 06, 2011, 07:09:06 PM
Personally I would quite like to see a sequel to Aliens tried again - ie ignoring 3 + 4.
Set 20+ years later and concentrating on the Hicks character...completing ignoring Ripley....who's in an asylum claiming she has been in a prison and then cloned in the future.

No, no, no, no. It would please only fanboys of aliens who are still pissed off that "HIX N NOOT" are dead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed