AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,236 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 21, 2010, 10:26:02 AM
No, come think of it.
A ship crashes in a town, unleashing a bunch of evil Alien Monsters (critters/aliens).
An Alien (of a different species) comes in to clean the mess (cleaner humanoid/Wolf Predator).
Ah, the originality! And Critters while being a 80's B-Movie beats the crap out of AvPR anytime.

Yes, that's the whole template of horror, a small town get's attacked by some random unknown monster. Whether it's a space monster or some nutter running around doesn't change the base it was built on. They are horror films.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's not the template of horror; that's the template of slasher. There's a difference.

Brian the Wolf

Brian the Wolf

wish Avpr wasnt so dark, so i could ya know see whats happening...... Still better then watching scar and his brothers fail at everything but kill six dudes with handguns, gee that was impressive.

Crazy Joe Davola

Crazy Joe Davola

AvP-R for a few reasons.

Rated R, Wolf Predator, a alien doesn't kill 2 Predators by himself, it takes longer than 10 mins for a alien to form into a drone(nice one Paul Anderson  >:( ), the Predator(s) don't look as if they have been shot up on steroids, dual plasma cannons (a fanboy wish), and finally the Predator in Requiem acts as a actual Predator instead of the incompetent Fearsome Threesome Paul Anderson graced us with.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...Because the AvPR Aliens took a lot of time to completely molt, right?

Crazy Joe Davola

Crazy Joe Davola

Yeah longer. If I'm not correct a time lapse happened of a night or so which would be plenty of time for a alien to grow, not 10 mins like in AvP.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Brian the Wolf on Jul 22, 2010, 12:11:46 AM
wish Avpr wasnt so dark, so i could ya know see whats happening...... Still better then watching scar and his brothers fail at everything but kill six dudes with handguns, gee that was impressive.

I fixed that problem COMPLETELY by buying the blu ray version and watching it in the dark. Far better when you can see everything.

Bloodee Jacob

Bloodee Jacob

This is very very close for me. I'd end up going with AVPR because of the Predators themselves and the better atmosphere. The director for AVP is biased towards Xenoes and what I heard is that is why Celtic lost the fight to Grid and also why there was a Alien "hero" in the first place. AVPR for me.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Crazy Joe Devola on Jul 22, 2010, 02:44:56 AM
AvP-R for a few reasons.

Rated R, Wolf Predator, a alien doesn't kill 2 Predators by himself, it takes longer than 10 mins for a alien to form into a drone(nice one Paul Anderson  >:( ), the Predator(s) don't look as if they have been shot up on steroids, dual plasma cannons (a fanboy wish), and finally the Predator in Requiem acts as a actual Predator instead of the incompetent Fearsome Threesome Paul Anderson graced us with.

How many Preds did Chet kill?

Crazy Joe Davola

Crazy Joe Davola

What?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kelgaard on Jul 22, 2010, 10:27:11 PM
AvP-R for a few reasons.

BuT thAT alieen wuz part predatOr, so thats y it wuz soo strong!!1!!111!oneone!1

lol, Just kidding :P

but seriously, I like AVP better than AVPR because the creatures were balanced. That made the fight scenes entertaining. In AVPR, except for the Predalien, the Aliens couldn't even hurt the Predator.

Crazy Joe Davola

Crazy Joe Davola

Ah the Predalien..........well every Predator from that ship are pusscakes. If a Alien can walk up behind them and kill them they deserve to die. Wolf was a consummate professional took out the Predalien all by his lonesome. Plus I don't mind the Predalien raping to a degree she is a lot more powerful than a useless drone. Half the reason why the grid alien killing the 2 predators pisses me off so much is that in the end the grid alien goes out like a bitch just like all the other drones. There was no purpose to him.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Except the Predalien is a drone; go figure.

Crazy Joe Davola

Crazy Joe Davola

A queen I thought or some hybrid. Either way I have to believe a PredAlien drone is stronger than a regular drone. For the obvious reasons.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: kelgaard on Jul 22, 2010, 10:27:11 PM
AvP-R for a few reasons.

Chet was meant to be a step above the Predators. The Strause brothers explained this in an interview.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed