Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,352 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Yeah, that was actually quite brilliant. One of the real high points, since not only way it dramatically effective to have that happen, but it was well-supported by the music, and was a sort of Alien "reveal" in terms of relevance. Beforehand, we only saw an Aliens snarling at some dude.

SM

SM

That scene was wrecked by the f**ktardedly long tail.  Very, very lazy filmmaking.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I must say, I loved it. Long tail and all. It was one of the best scenes I've seen in a movie. Anderson realised the importance of the first coming together of the two species on film. And yeah, the music was epic. This always reminds me of it...

SM

SM

QuoteAnderson realised the importance of the first coming together of the two species on film.

Pity he put so little practical thought into it rather than paying it simple lip service.

Much like the rest of the film.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Tru dat.
Still, some good moments IMO.

SM

SM

Sadly not enough to make repeated viewings bearable.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I just realized that the first time the two creatures were ever seen together on film, an Alien was killing a Predator. How fitting.

I'm seriously as giddy as a schoolgirl.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

It was Gill.......I could kill Gill with my thumb.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

...and then it was followed moments later by ANOTHER  ::)

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Drago-Morph on May 11, 2010, 01:14:34 AM
I just realized that the first time the two creatures were ever seen together on film, an Alien was killing a Predator. How fitting.

I blame Anderson.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: The Demon on May 11, 2010, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on May 11, 2010, 01:14:34 AM

I blame Anderson.

Blame? I praise him.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

just watched the behind the scenes footage on AvP again and it basically reminded me why i disliked paul anderson in the first place, him saying he is the 1# hardcore fan is BS.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I dunno.

His movie had its flaws, but the dramatic depictions we got of each creature were nice.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Yeah, hes kind of a ham-fisted director, but his intentions werent too bad. Some great moments in the movie dont get realised by the "snobs" in this place.

Puks

Puks

Quote"snobs"

Look who's talking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed