DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Craig on Apr 03, 2008, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 03, 2008, 02:13:31 PM
Quote from: Craig on Apr 03, 2008, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 03, 2008, 12:12:33 PM
Quote from: LukaKovach on Apr 03, 2008, 08:23:03 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 02, 2008, 03:33:37 PM
The only reason I can think of the pyramid reconfiguring was to keep the hunt going. Would've helped if that was explained in the film.

Don't you think they explained a little too much in AvP?

Hardly. Half the stuff in the film didn't make sense until the deleted scenes were released.
Like?

Namely why the Predators split up and why the pyramid kept re-configuring itself.
Wasn't it pretty obvious why the Predators split up when you see through the vision mode focusing directly on the gun in the bag? Unless you're referring to something else.

It would've worked better though had it been made more obvious by showing the Predators coming to the empty sarcophagus. I'm still wondering why Scar left the other two alone.

Lyana

Lyana

Well if you watch the deleted scenes, it was Celtic who told Scar to split up. Do not forget Celtic was the leader.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lyana on Apr 03, 2008, 03:13:47 PM
Well if you watch the deleted scenes, it was Celtic who told Scar to split up. Do not forget Celtic was the leader.

Key words: deleted scenes, i.e. not in the original movie.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 03, 2008, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: Lyana on Apr 03, 2008, 03:13:47 PM

Key words: deleted scenes, i.e. not in the original movie.
That was the whole point of deleting the scene. Showing the predators walking up to the empty sarcophagus will give away their intentions. Anderson was smart to delete the scene because it doesn't show the viewer "LOOK HUMANS TOOK THE GUNS NOW THE PREDATORS ARE GUNNA CHASE DEM, GUESS WHAT HUPPENZ NOW".

No offense, but it was really easy to figure it out and left the mystery in there a bit. Showing predators just walking around in AVP-R took away that mystery. Some things are better left to the imagination.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

you could tell celtic was the leader because the first time you see the predators on Antarctica
when they reveal themselves after deactivating their cloaking device. You can see scar and
gill on both sides, and celtic in middle, i don't know why but the leader always seems to be in the
middle in either films or reality.

Lyana

Lyana

But overall boys that answers your question. You only wanted to know why.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I don't want to vote until I've seen the unrated cut of AVP:R, but as of now, I have to say I like AVP better. I feel the film just got more "more important things" right than AVP:R did. AVP:R was good (albeit skewed), but it had a lot of nice touches to the little things. Quite a few of the big elements were horribly ruined, imo though. I won't go into detail now. Not until after I see the unrated cut. Either way, both films were flawed yet enjoyable.

I also gotta say, it seems like fox is treating AVP:R's unrated edition much more like a true unrated cut than they did for AVP's. Which is unfortunate since there were a sh*t load of good scenes that were changed, edited, and completely ommitted. Even for AVP's "Unrated Edition". *sigh*

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 05, 2008, 08:34:14 PM
I don't want to vote until I've seen the unrated cut of AVP:R, but as of now, I have to say I like AVP better. I feel the film just got more "more important things" right than AVP:R did. AVP:R was good (albeit skewed), but it had a lot of nice touches to the little things. Quite a few of the big elements were horribly ruined, imo though. I won't go into detail now. Not until after I see the unrated cut. Either way, both films were flawed yet enjoyable.

I also gotta say, it seems like fox is treating AVP:R's unrated edition much more like a true unrated cut than they did for AVP's. Which is unfortunate since there were a sh*t load of good scenes that were changed, edited, and completely ommitted. Even for AVP's "Unrated Edition". *sigh*

You may be dissapointed.  If you liked AVPR, you'll still like it, just a little better now, if you didn't like AVPR, you may be glad that they fixed up a few things, but overall, your opinion on the movie probably won't change much.

RumorControl

RumorControl

AvP

Da-Wolf

Da-Wolf

I think avo is better done, but I like AvPR better, Avp was kinda childish, and 'weird' acting, avpr fails in every way posible as a movie but I like th fight sequences a lot, even if theyr too dark.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Da-Wolf on Apr 09, 2008, 01:39:44 AM
I think avo is better done, but I like AvPR better, Avp was kinda childish, and 'weird' acting, avpr fails in every way posible as a movie but I like th fight sequences a lot, even if theyr too dark.

I think that's the basis of why people like AvP-R more.... gore/fights.  In this franchise, that's understandable, but I think AvP was more to my liking.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How's this for describing both films

AvP --> more drama
AvP:R --> more action

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 09, 2008, 04:12:36 PM

I think that's the basis of why people like AvP-R more.... gore/fights.  In this franchise, that's understandable, but I think AvP was more to my liking.

it isnt understandable for this franchise, the alien and predator movies were never slashers, why should the avp movies?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 10, 2008, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: Cellien on Apr 09, 2008, 04:12:36 PM

it isnt understandable for this franchise, the alien and predator movies were never slashers, why should the avp movies?

Gore=/=slasher flick

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Before you start voting, i want you to give an HONEST opinion about how you felt about both of the movies and i want you to vote which movie you thought was a better film in terms of quality.

Nah, forget that. It'll take too long. AvPR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed