AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,279 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Mar 31, 2008, 05:40:43 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 31, 2008, 02:50:32 PM
You can expect me to say I enjoyed AvP:R more than AvP. If you don't like that fact...hard cheese.

Hard cheese? I think I'll use that one next time lol.

Heh, I heard it on Are You Being Served Once and liked it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 31, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
In my opinion AVP-R is a far better movie, at least the aliens & predator spent more than 5 minutes actually fighting on-screen. Sure people can argue that the characters were hollow, the setting wasn't great, & all sorts of complaints, but really, the characters from the first film were even worse in my opinion. The only thing it had going for it was an intricate storyline & a decent claustrophobic setting, which really wasn't used to its full extent in my opinion.

AVP was quite literally a boring movie, a cold shower in every sense of the word. It just felt bland & soulless from start to finish. The Strauses at least deserve some merit for breathing life back into some of the more classic alien & predator themes, such as the sound effects & music, not to mention the overall look of the creatures.
I agree all the way.

Firetnk

Firetnk

I already posted a forum like this but oh well I am bored so I will say what I thought of each movie again.

AVP- was amazing to me once I left the theater I loved the movie at the time and ranked it 4th out of all the movies and still do. The effects were amazing, the 1st film where you get to see the whole Alien body with good effects. The action was great, I love the first fight with the predator and Alien I have watched that scene so many times. I for one actually liked the characters a lot there was no one I hated. I respect the fact that Anderson did the movie in Antarctica so that way there is no record of the Alien existence or at least proof. The music was awesome, I always thought Anderson chose good music well at least for Resident Evil and this film. The predator masks were very well done and the weapons as well. Also this film seemed more balance of who wins and loses. Both creatures fought equally as good to my eyes.

Complaints- I wish the film was set in space, either based off Steve Perry's book AVP PREY or the video game AVP2 through the Colonial Marines point of view.  I wanted more Predators. I wish an other character besides the mane character could live for once. The movie could have been longer. Wanted to see Scar to fight the Grid Alien. I want to know what happened to Lex?

AVPR- I was pissed when I left the theater this time. I will say all the good things about the movie I can think of, We get to see a glimpse of the Predator home world. Cameron's Aliens return. Old sound effects. Good music .Fight scenes were good.

Complaints-  The Movies is rushed through the whole film.  All the characters suck. The acting sucked  Terrible story, it took  no skill of writing to create the story they had. It seemed as if they just played the game resident evil 3 and took that idea of  run shoot and escape before the military carpet bombs the place. The movie hurts the Alien Franchise a lot , no one was supposed to know what Aliens. what the hell is the news  going to say why Colorado  was blown up. How many people would call families and warn them that Aliens are taking over. What happen to the 4 remaining characters also the special forces soldier knew what happened. I hate the fact we have a character who looks and sound similar to Ripley and that there is a character similar to Newt. This movie was very cheesy, not in a good weigh either I mean Molly never reloaded her M4 once, while the others did. I do not believe some punk that probably has not shot a gun or often shoots would be running at full pace and hit the predator multiple times. While yes the other films are cheesy but this felt different.  The National guard scene pissed me off because they should have lived and be good characters like the Colonial Marines in Aliens, but instead the are killed very quickly The interview with the directors made it sound like this movie was going to have characters similar to the characters from Aliens and Alien but that was a big fat juicy lie. I want more then one predator in this film. This movie felt as tough it was a predator 3 do to so many countless Aliens dying by one predator. This movie mainly focused on gore and nothing else and beside the gore effects sucked anyways. In Aliens Drakes head did not melt off but yet in this film just a little blood form a facehugger will melt your arm off. That's all can think of right now. I can still not make up my mind what I truly think of the movie I believe I would have liked it a lot more if the characters were better. But oh well both movies could have been a lot better. But I still like AVP better. ;D

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

avp-r succeeded where avp didn't

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 01, 2008, 11:37:20 AM
avp-r succeeded where avp didn't

but it also failed where avp succeded.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

where abouts?
i didn't think the character development was good at all in avp

Cellien

Cellien

Pacing, continuity, acting, characters, setting, lighting, dialog, and script are things off the top of my head that were better than AvP-R.  Not perfect, but definitely better.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I disagree on the lighting part. I had an easier time seeing things in AvP:R. AvP only had flashlights once the action started. Plus AvP had that horrible monotone colour scheme Anderson insisted on. The trailers looked so much better with their deeper blues.

severen76

severen76

The trailer for AvP:R also looked better than the final film. AvP had much better lighting than AvP:R did I never had trouble seeing what was happening.

Dusk

Dusk

I honestly don't have a problem to see what's going on in both Movies. The only thing I dislike, is that I can't see the characters clearly enough in AvP:R. I like to see all those neat little details, especially on Wolf. But the action was never a problem.

Funny thing is, one of my complaints about AVP is, that everything wasn't dark enough. They were in an ancient Pyramid 2000ft below the ice, yet you could see everything clearly, even if they didn't have their flashlights with them. There were unexplained light sources all around the place. Like in this screenshot below.

Where the heck does that freaking light on the other side come from?

War Wager

War Wager

There was a lot of scenes like that ^ like when Celtic is charging at Grid. Didn't bother me though, as long as I could see what was going on...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The only thing i didn't like AVPR is the lighting part.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Dusk on Apr 01, 2008, 04:32:53 PM
I honestly don't have a problem to see what's going on in both Movies. The only thing I dislike, is that I can't see the characters clearly enough in AvP:R. I like to see all those neat little details, especially on Wolf. But the action was never a problem.

Funny thing is, one of my complaints about AVP is, that everything wasn't dark enough. They were in an ancient Pyramid 2000ft below the ice, yet you could see everything clearly, even if they didn't have their flashlights with them. There were unexplained light sources all around the place. Like in this screenshot below.

Where the heck does that freaking light on the other side come from?

The pyramid was heating up, so it could have been a light-filter.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

and they had light filters thousands of years ago?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Apr 02, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
and they had light filters thousands of years ago?

Risking to sound obvious here, but aren't they Predators, a species technologically far more advanced than us, with spaceships arriving on Earth thousands of years ago...?
::) ;D ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed