The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots

Started by ikarop, May 30, 2012, 05:54:28 PM

Author
The E3 2012 Thread - New Footage & Screenshots (Read 92,217 times)

VonPelz

Looks quite ok. :) I do have a few minor complaints though.

-Melee animation for marine is clunky.
-Same with alien animations. Just seems weird that the aliens seem to move on all fours almost all the time. Maybe it should be so that by pressing a key you can change the pose.
-Bolt on Pulse Rifle should only be pulled when you've emptied a mag and insert a new one.
-When you get hit by an alien the screen just appears to become red. If you get hit, IMO you should become somewhat paralyzed with motion blur etc.
-I can't see acid blood doing any damage?

Other than that I find it hard to come with any other complaints, other than that the MP footage thus far seems very bland and dull. I know that's just basic DM but still... I hope they have class system for the marines and aliens. Would be cool to be able to put up sentry guns and the like.

PVTDukeMorrison

looking good.

Great One

So I got a chance to play the multiplayer bit of it at E3, and i can say it was impressed! I talked with one of the reps about the audio files on the pulse Rifle and they say that it will be the authentic version on release. Back to the main part, they weren't allowing people to play the aliens so i got my share playing as the marines. It was a blast, not having the motion tracker on your hud at all times changes the experience completely you have to work as a team to watch each others backs or your just going to be easy pickings. I have to go, but will check back. If you guys have any questions let me know!

Bio Mech Hunter

Aside from the Crusher and maybe the Runner, Aliens should really only move on all fours when crouching, sprinting, or climbing. Simple as that.

I find it kinda funny how GB tout "Aliens: Colonial Marines is going to be the most authentic ALIENS experience yet!". Given the history of Aliens and AVP games, that wouldn't take much. And it could STILL be way off. lol

If GB want this to truly be an authentic ALIENS experience, they need to do some serious brushing up.

Predaker

Its much easier to see in front when they travel on all fours, but they do stand up to attack.

Corporate Merc

The DEFINITIVE aliens game right here lol Man this looks incredible, the aliens do look a little overpowered but I guess thats what your teams for. Between this and campaign co-op man this shit is gonna be awsome.

Njm1983

Well I think the 3rd person is a good choice.... I had occasional trouble with the Aliens in AVP so being able to see where im at will help me.

The motion tracker red dots are fine in my opinion and cater well to the average gamer. Itll be hard enough getting people to work together in multiplayer any way let alone try to discern which blip is friend or foe. Id be cool with a "hardcore mode" that has all standard blips no red dots.

The alien animations do need a little tuning, but the hopping reminds me of the scenes where the aliens charge into the queens nest and ripley blows em away. they hop along the walls similar to the way they do in the game. I cant recall any references to movement on the ground in either alien or aliens, so we'd either be stuck with alien 3 type movement or resurrection which theres that walking scene with the alien around eldgins death or the scurrying on the escape pod.

Ahnyxrik

I cannot wait to get this, with all of the flack from people saying "Blah blah this is going to suck..." -Piss off. I cannot wait to play the Xenomorph & go Marine hunting. They have delayed this for a reason. They have delayed this so we get the BEST QUALITY GAME. PERIOD. I work @ Best Buy in the Gaming department & there is great positive buzz for this. It angers me to read so many posts knocking this game without the final work done. Review it when it is COMPLETE. Not in beta/demo stage. So far it looks like what it would be like to battle on LV-426. Human or Xenomorph. GET OVER IT NERDS> If you think you can make a better version-DO IT & show us we are wrong. It's that simple... I plan on buying the limited edition of this game with all extras... throwing an ALIENS party & getting down to XENO-business! ---"LET"S ROCK!!!!"

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Jun 07, 2012, 03:28:47 AM
The DEFINITIVE aliens game right here lol Man this looks incredible, the aliens do look a little overpowered but I guess thats what your teams for. Between this and campaign co-op man this shit is gonna be awsome.
This.
Quote from: Njm1983 on Jun 07, 2012, 03:58:00 AM
Well I think the 3rd person is a good choice.... I had occasional trouble with the Aliens in AVP so being able to see where im at will help me.

The motion tracker red dots are fine in my opinion and cater well to the average gamer. Itll be hard enough getting people to work together in multiplayer any way let alone try to discern which blip is friend or foe. Id be cool with a "hardcore mode" that has all standard blips no red dots.

The alien animations do need a little tuning, but the hopping reminds me of the scenes where the aliens charge into the queens nest and ripley blows em away. they hop along the walls similar to the way they do in the game. I cant recall any references to movement on the ground in either alien or aliens, so we'd either be stuck with alien 3 type movement or resurrection which theres that walking scene with the alien around eldgins death or the scurrying on the escape pod.
My thoughts exactly.
Quote from: Ahnyxrik on Jun 07, 2012, 03:58:49 AM
I cannot wait to get this, with all of the flack from people saying "Blah blah this is going to suck..." -Piss off. I cannot wait to play the Xenomorph & go Marine hunting. They have delayed this for a reason. They have delayed this so we get the BEST QUALITY GAME. PERIOD. I work @ Best Buy in the Gaming department & there is great positive buzz for this. It angers me to read so many posts knocking this game without the final work done. Review it when it is COMPLETE. Not in beta/demo stage. So far it looks like what it would be like to battle on LV-426. Human or Xenomorph. GET OVER IT NERDS> If you think you can make a better version-DO IT & show us we are wrong. It's that simple... I plan on buying the limited edition of this game with all extras... throwing an ALIENS party & getting down to XENO-business! ---"LET"S ROCK!!!!"
A little harsh but I agree completely.

SM

Blessed are the extremists.

WinterActual

Some guys are so blinded by the hype  ::)

SM

Revved up tryna shoot another

in the night...

RagingDragon

You know, something that bugs me about this red-dot motion tracker business is that the red dots imply an enemy, but how would the tracker know that?  What if it's just a civilian running at you, and shows up as a red dot on the tracker?

Just seems silly, and unrealistic compared to the nature of the tracker in the film and how it was used.  The marines had to use their judgment.  I mean Hudson was a Com-Tech for christs sake, and from what it seemed like in Aliens, reading the tracker was a big part of his job.

Now everyone's a Com-Tech, 17 weeks later. ;)  Why not just make a Com-Tech class, and have the red dots be a perk?

SM

Anyone can use a tracker though.  And did - Hudson, Hicks, Frost, Vasquez, Ripley.  It's not really rocket science.  Even the comtech - the supposed expert - wasn't thinking in 3 dimensions when the Aliens were in the roof.

RagingDragon

That's true.

Main point was that there's no way for the tracker to be able to judge whether a reading it gets is necessarily an enemy.  Could be giving off the wrong idea, but you guys have already had that convo with the whole Newt thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed