Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,339 times)

Keg

Keg

Depends on wether you liked the other games or not. Myself i was a huge fan of the series and i was equally impressed, amazed as i was disapointed. Any disapointment was all down to story though. Graphics, gameplay etc are all utterly fantastic. Hell the stories brilliant and really emotional at times, but theres other times when you find yourself going "eh what?". Basically if you enjoyed the other games and have a good handle on the story so far youve gotta play it.

XenoVC

XenoVC

About to play Half-Life again for the first time in just about forever.  ;D

Nope

Nope

Quote from: Keg on Apr 10, 2010, 06:54:18 PM
Depends on wether you liked the other games or not. Myself i was a huge fan of the series and i was equally impressed, amazed as i was disapointed. Any disapointment was all down to story though. Graphics, gameplay etc are all utterly fantastic. Hell the stories brilliant and really emotional at times, but theres other times when you find yourself going "eh what?". Basically if you enjoyed the other games and have a good handle on the story so far youve gotta play it.
yea i loved MGS 3 on the ps2 so i should prolly  buy it.

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Keg on Apr 10, 2010, 12:32:41 PM
Ive got a 40gb fat model from just after they removed backwards compatibility and ive had it for 2 1/2 years now. No problems so far but considering the way things dont seem to last the way they did years ago (i'm looking at you ipod) I wouldnt be shocked if it suddenly packed up. I use it quite alot too. If I can get 3 years out of it i'll be very happy considering the horror stories i've heard about earlier models of the 360, although I hear they're a hell of alot better now thankfully because I'm planning on getting one.

For a whole year I had the console inside a tight little cupboard with barely an inch on everyside of it. The fan would be on constantly for hours and hours and it was really loud. It took me ages to realise it was because the console was getting stupidly hot in such a small space and so ever since I move it out into the open on the floor when I use it and even if I play for hours the fan never needs to kick in. I reckon that mustve took some life out of it when it eventually goes.
Well, I have had the same PS3 as you for just as long and now I'm its going to be "buried".   New Slim next month!  I guess I just got unlucky compared to you.  :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: shobidoo on Apr 10, 2010, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 10, 2010, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: Keg on Apr 10, 2010, 12:32:41 PM
Ive got a 40gb fat model from just after they removed backwards compatibility and ive had it for 2 1/2 years now. No problems so far but considering the way things dont seem to last the way they did years ago (i'm looking at you ipod) I wouldnt be shocked if it suddenly packed up. I use it quite alot too. If I can get 3 years out of it i'll be very happy considering the horror stories i've heard about earlier models of the 360, although I hear they're a hell of alot better now thankfully because I'm planning on getting one.

For a whole year I had the console inside a tight little cupboard with barely an inch on everyside of it. The fan would be on constantly for hours and hours and it was really loud. It took me ages to realise it was because the console was getting stupidly hot in such a small space and so ever since I move it out into the open on the floor when I use it and even if I play for hours the fan never needs to kick in. I reckon that mustve took some life out of it when it eventually goes.

Never had a problem with mine. I bought the MGS 4 bundle which was the last of BC models and it's never acted strange in any way.
How is MGS 4?, im pondering if i should buy it.

Very slow paced, so you do need patience for it. Also, the graphics, while amazingly textured, are very very bland. No colour whatsoever.

Keg

Keg

Id agree with Doomrulz about the pace. Its alot slower paced than MGS3 (my favourite by far) but its still excellent. You should definately play it but if you havnt played the first 2 the story isnt going to make any sense at all (hell its convulted,contradictory and confusing even if you have)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Kicking ass as Deadpool, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Spider-Man.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Just finished Mass Effect 2 on insanity and kept my entire team alive through the suicide mission. Second time around and the ending is still a mind-blowing spectacle. Great stuff!

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 11, 2010, 09:18:35 PM
Just finished Mass Effect 2 on insanity and kept my entire team alive through the suicide mission. Second time around and the ending is still a mind-blowing spectacle. Great stuff!
Are there different endings ? Since it is Rpg at heart ?.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's very much an action orientated, but massively character and story driven game with some lite RPG elements bolstering the experience.

There's a "paragon" (heroic) and a "renegade" (bad) ending (as well as a catastrophic one where everything goes horribly wrong), but decisions you make along the way can result in each playthrough having a different outcome in regards to who lives and dies (among other things); and those decisions will impact on the third game.

So basically, the ME games are rich in replayability.   

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I wish that your choices had more of an effect upon the galaxy (seriously, there was hardly any difference between whether the Council lived or died in the first game), but it is still an amazing game. Just finished my second playthrough as well. Unfortunately, Mordin died.

Huol

Huol

Just got Morrigan on dragon a-

:o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And people thought GTA 3 and 4 were racy.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Huol on Apr 12, 2010, 01:53:42 AM
Just got Morrigan on dragon a-

:o

This Image has been moved or deleted. :P

DeadCities

DeadCities

Found out the suffering is apparently freeware now so I just downloaded it and probly am going to be playing it for the next couple of hours.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed