Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,213 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

lmao could care less if i played any other AC after this.

none of the other ones let me be a pirate

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Alien Isolation

I beat it on hard while getting all 10 Nostromo logs and all 50 I.D tags. I now only have 2 achievements left to get that clash with each other.

#1 beat the whole game without dying and #2 get killed by the alien 100 times. I must choose wisely.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jan 03, 2015, 04:18:55 AM
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

lmao could care less if i played any other AC after this.

none of the other ones let me be a pirate

Exactly, its the best pirate game ever made.

Sabby

Sabby

Path of Neo on PC.

I was worried, since everyone said the controls are the worst ever. I'm having no trouble with them after rebinding, and I played Assassins Creed: Brotherhood with a keyboard. You want awful controls? Play that. This is fine.

Only problem is I can't seem to do triple Link Up attacks :/ When you stun someone, you can grab them and then select one or two more guys and trigger a takedown. I can do two people just fine, but for some reason three people never works, so unless I figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'll never kill a man with his two buddies like I'm carving a roast with two helicopters.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 03, 2015, 07:44:25 AM
Alien Isolation

I beat it on hard while getting all 10 Nostromo logs and all 50 I.D tags. I now only have 2 achievements left to get that clash with each other.

#1 beat the whole game without dying and #2 get killed by the alien 100 times. I must choose wisely.

If you want to replay the whole game again and take your time , go for #1 . If not , go for #2 but I'd say that #1 is the most important and meaningful achievement.

I'm just past Seegson Syntetics now and I've seen a room full of black smoke in which I can't enter . Anyone know what's up with that?

Metro : Last Light

Completed 2/3 of the game . The only thing I hate is there are so many chapters and they're pretty short (especially in the beginning where you're 70% supposed to follow someone through many scripted events) but after a while they just let you on your own (right after you enter the swamp) and I'm finally starting to love this game .

Razz

Razz

Sunset Overdrive
Halo MCC

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

BioShock Infinite

I'm almost two years late to this party, and while I haven't got very far, it seems as though Irrational actually made the shooting aspect of their FPS somewhat enjoyable this time. Narrative and art direction are flawless as ever.

But I'm still not a fan of this series' 'death' mechanic, and having to scrounge through every dustbin for money and cake is a real immersion killer.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 03, 2015, 01:19:52 PM
Alien Isolation

If you want to replay the whole game again and take your time , go for #1 . If not , go for #2 but I'd say that #1 is the most important and meaningful achievement.

I'm just past Seegson Syntetics now and I've seen a room full of black smoke in which I can't enter . Anyone know what's up with that?

Obviously I'm going to choose life, I used a bit of sarcasm.  :laugh:

I believe you need to find the gas mask which you find during the story line (can't miss it especially if you refer to the map for objectives). There are some rooms like that throughout the station you can't enter until you can sort of free roam the station on mission 16 because that's when you'll have everything you'll need to go after the Nostromo logs, some of which are in these rooms of smoke.

Nostromo logs is a totally optional achievement/trophy thing though by the way, for the record I advise just worrying about doing the story the first playthrough.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 03, 2015, 11:12:07 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 03, 2015, 01:19:52 PM
Alien Isolation

Obviously I'm going to choose life, I used a bit of sarcasm.  :laugh:

I believe you need to find the gas mask which you find during the story line (can't miss it especially if you refer to the map for objectives). There are some rooms like that throughout the station you can't enter until you can sort of free roam the station on mission 16 because that's when you'll have everything you'll need to go after the Nostromo logs, some of which are in these rooms of smoke.

Nostromo logs is a totally optional achievement/trophy thing though by the way, for the record I advise just worrying about doing the story the first playthrough.

Well I got the flamethrower , plasma torch and shotgun . I still have to wait until that point . Thought I have to rewire the system and turn the air purification on and then the smoke will disappear .

As for the Nostromo logs , I'd like to find one of them on the way .

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Winter, Sabby; what are your Steam handles? I accepted both of your requests but Hell if I know which you are :P

Sabby

Sabby

Bitchell.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Hicks

DoomRulz

Vertigo

Vertigo

Alien Isolation

Jesus Christ this game. Very nearly lost the will to continue playing, early on when you encounter a gang of armed humans who hunt you, with one staying behind to guard your way out. But ultimately I basically just legged it past the guard-y guy, and got through with JUST enough health to stay alive. Not sure if that would have been the case on high difficulty, but I'm not planning on venturing above Easy any time soon.
But I'm glad I continued. Things change a lot once you get the noisemaker, though thankfully it's usually possible to sneak around enemies. Also very thankful that I'm not constantly being hunted, that there are breaks in which I can explore the (MAGNIFICENT) environment stress-free.

So, just got through the meat of Mission 5, in which you have to sneak through the San Cristobal medical facility, while being properly hunted by the alien for the first time. Brings a whole new meaning to the word 'tension'. I spent ages popping out of lockers only to find the bloody creature coming back, and needing to leap back in again. Finally figured out that the reason it wouldn't leave me alone is that it can hear the motion tracker. Thereafter, I've relied solely on my ears, and only move around when I can hear it in the vents. Seems to work out a lot better that way, although it's resulted in a couple of heart-in-mouth moments where it's slinked into my room without warning.

I'm not entirely sure about what it can and can't hear though, and would appreciate it if someone could fill me in. Does walking make me more audible than crouching? Can it hear me climb into lockers (which certainly sounds ridiculously loud to me)? I don't think it can hear me interfacing with rewires, computer terminals or door locks, but would very much like confirmation on that one too.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

As far as I know for 100% sure, when the alien is around there is most of the time no point in running as it'll just get you killed, and I switch off the motion tracker when its really close to my hiding spot. Generally, the closer an enemy is the more I tend to crouch, if not much is on the motion tracker or has distant signal than I walk normally.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed