Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 97,245 times)

CityhunterinPhilly

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 12, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
This film absolutely sucked. It completely made the Predators as a whole completely laughable as a threat now, with any mystery to them now completely gone. The whole subplot of them wanting autism DNA because it will make them smarter was f**king stupid. That's not what autism does. Not everyone with autism is Rain Man. The bigger Predator could have been interesting if they played their cards right as a rogue mutant hunting other Predators and was the actual criminal. Every single character Shane Black made here was like he took the small scenes of banter from the first movie and decided that should just be how everyone talks the whole movie. Just constant shitty jokes one after the other with no real sense of fear or tension when they're up against this unstoppable hunter. Even the villain of the movie is making stupid jokes calling them Predators because it sounds cool. I hate to say it but at least when it came to the bad movies like AVPR the Predators were treated seriously and people were actually afraid of them.
The dogs were the worst part of the movie and just came off as another annoying piece of CGI wiggling all over the screen left over from the Star Wars prequels. We had dogs in the last movie, and despite them not needed there they looked better and were handled with more tact. The biggest thing this movie lacked was suspense. When everyone is constantly chasing after the monster and not away from it, it makes the Predator look like a big pussy.
I will take away from this that the movie had one good scene. When the Predator wakes up and murders everyone in the base.
Remove the kid, remove the humor, remove the dogs, restructure the story of the mutant Predator, change the ending, and f**king remove the autism plot.
2/5

I absolutely agree! The best thing about his movie for me was the fugitive Predator and the upgrade to his armor. After he was killed off I completely lost interest in the rest of the movie.

Highland

Highland

So I just watched this - Wow. I can't even vote in the poll - there's no - feels like I was on drugs option.

I feel like the same feeling when I found KFC made a burger that was made with two zinger buggers instead of bread and had bacon in the middle. - Surely this can't be real I said, that's crazy, they wouldn't do that. No this is actually real lol.

I was kinda diggin it til the main Pred got his head ripped off. Then my body passed into the 7th Dimension after that and the movie somehow put me on an Acid trip for the last 40 minutes.

My rating - Probably a blast at a house party with a carton of craft beer and 8 mates pretending to be Predators and Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Oct 18, 2018, 09:52:51 AM
I was kinda diggin it til the main Pred got his head ripped off. Then my body passed into the 7th Dimension after that and the movie somehow put me on an Acid trip for the last 40 minutes.

Wow. lol. All for the price of a movie ticket!

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 18, 2018, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 18, 2018, 09:52:51 AM

Wow. lol. All for the price of a movie ticket!

True story. I was thinking for the first 40 minutes - You know what the guys on AVP galaxy went a bit over the top, the jokes are not that bad, the kid is ok, the Predator is pretty cool, I like what he did there, I might like this.

Last 40 minutes - WTF is happening, is this even a movie, how'd he get tied up, where's he came from, WTF, stop telling Jokes!!! 

Spoiler
Honestly I didn't even mind the ending because at that point my brain having witnessed two dudes killing each other at the same time, a guy blowing his own head off ( is that what happened there?) , a Predator giving out instructions on a TV, dudes shooting down a Predator ship with machine guns, a guy killing the predator with it's own arm ( honestly I'm laughing typing this)......

Once the last scene hit the whacky Predator suit seemed normal. I fully expected a black goo Alien Predator Terminator hybrid to jump out with Captain America's shield on. 
[close]

Nathsp

Nathsp

And dont forget that the predator, a specie that has some honor code, that dont kill kids, pregnan woman, unarmen and sick people, now wants as a trophy an unarmed kid with mental disorders.
This movie is diahrrea

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 18, 2018, 02:58:40 PMAnd dont forget that the predator, a specie that has some honor code, that dont kill kids, pregnan woman, unarmen and sick people, now wants as a trophy an unarmed kid with mental disorders.

Who says every single Predator has the same values?

In fact, it would be pretty silly and unrealistic to suggest they do.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 18, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 18, 2018, 02:58:40 PMAnd dont forget that the predator, a specie that has some honor code, that dont kill kids, pregnan woman, unarmen and sick people, now wants as a trophy an unarmed kid with mental disorders.

They showed a code in every movie, even in avp, in the predator they say they are all in the same boat, it doesnt have any sense

And he say, he will be my trophy,  so the upgrade predator, the great assasin, will return to pred planet with a kid with mental disorders, such a legendary warrior.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Oct 18, 2018, 01:09:01 PM
True story. I was thinking for the first 40 minutes - You know what the guys on AVP galaxy went a bit over the top, the jokes are not that bad, the kid is ok, the Predator is pretty cool, I like what he did there, I might like this.

Last 40 minutes - WTF is happening, is this even a movie, how'd he get tied up, where's he came from, WTF, stop telling Jokes!!!

Ha, in the last 40 minutes, you were Shane-boozled, hurdled into a dizzy stupor of reshoot wtf mayhem!

Your experience seems to match the general consensus, where viewers are having a good time with it, only to feel it falls appart in the last third of the movie.  While I came away having a crazy good time with it, I can easily recognize the madness.  ;D

All I wonder now is, how well will it ultimately fare with repeat viewings?

I wholeheartedly agree good sir!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nathsp on Oct 18, 2018, 03:09:08 PMThey showed a code in every movie, even in avp, in the predator they say they are all in the same boat, it doesnt have any sense

And the Predators in those films constitute, what, a dozen individuals out of a race of presumably millions?

The idea that every single member of their race conforms to the exact same code is frankly ridiculous. How many people on Earth follow the same values? How many people in a single city?

CityhunterinPhilly

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 18, 2018, 03:21:34 PM
Quote from: Highland on Oct 18, 2018, 01:09:01 PM

Ha, in the last 40 minutes, you were Shane-boozled, hurdled into a dizzy stupor of reshoot wtf mayhem!

Your experience seems to match the general consensus, where viewers are having a good time with it, only to feel it falls appart in the last third of the movie.  While I came away having a crazy good time with it, I can easily recognize the madness.  ;D

All I wonder now is, how well will it ultimately fare with repeat viewings?

I wholeheartedly agree good sir!

Once was enough for me. I don't think I can sit thru that again....Then again I might do it for the uncut version.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

@CityhunterinPhilly

Eagles Fan?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

That was a mess of an edit.
Can't even properly judge the film because it still has a lot of edit issues, like they rushed it last minute to be released.

Not impressed by it, I don't like the new choice.
Still don't understand this obsession with "super / upgrade" predator like the audience want to see tougher action monsters...

The script at its core sounds like a kid fan fiction, the execution is okay I guess.

1 for the effort, rated r for requiem level.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Of course they all not do the same, but most of them seems so, at least in the comics in movies, so i expect that a predator sended by the predator race in a mision, becuse in the movie they put jungle junter and city in the same package dna shit, are going to have the same code, in fact thats one of the things that make the creature great.
But lets say it doesnt have any code, what kind of trophy is a kid, why he didnt kill him?
Plot convenience, and the stupid surprise of noo, its the kid not the father, and yeah kids with mental disorders can be value.
This is not the movie to do so, and more if he lost his discapacity after 5 minutes of the movie.
I respect you like it, but you are defending things that has no sense. I even enjoy some parts of avpr, but the movie is a pile of shit.

Highland

Highland

Yeah I don't mind the lore thing, I actually sort of dug that the Predators seemed to have thoughts and different plans. Like they weren't just killing shit.

Well untill the last 40 minutes lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Oct 18, 2018, 11:23:24 PM
Yeah I don't mind the lore thing, I actually sort of dug that the Predators seemed to have thoughts and different plans. Like they weren't just killing shit.

Well untill the last 40 minutes lol

Yeah, to think all the entire species does is sleep, eat and hunt is such a narrow view imo.

I was hypothesizing two rival Predator clans, one traditionalists that believe in the old ways, the honor of the hunt, the purity of their being versus the modernists that discard the traditional beliefs, reject the moral principles, improve their physicality and dominance anyway possible, and do not respect their prey or code against instinction. And I saw the Fugitive Predator as part of this modernist clan, who had second thoughts / belief they were going too far, and defected.

It's the way it makes sense to me, at least until as you say, those last 40 minutes  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed